hes and millimeters - Mozilla

This is a discussion on hes and millimeters - Mozilla ; On 22.04.2008 21:14, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? : > Jay Garcia wrote: > >> On 22.04.2008 00:08, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote: >> >> --- Original ...

  1. Re: hes and millimeters

    On 22.04.2008 21:14, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >
    >> On 22.04.2008 00:08, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    big stones small stones.... rocks, pebbles, gravel, grit, sand...

    16 ounces = 1 pound, 14 pounds = 1 stone
    anyone weighing mor than 75 kilogrammes is FAT

    other than that, I'll have to get my old schoolbooks out

    reg

  2. Re: hes and millimeters

    On 22.04.2008 14:14, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > gall stones, kidney stones, man-stones, headstones, or maybe
    > you're talking about eaglestones, thunderstones, or
    > snakestones. Oh, no, maybe you mean holed stones and
    > hagstones. How about a standing stone. Or a Hangman's
    > Stone, or pudding stones. Then again, perhaps you're one of
    > those who like Turning the Devil's Stone.

    You forgot the most important ones - polished and faceted stones. :-)

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  3. Re: hes and millimeters

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 22.04.2008 21:14, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    > the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 22.04.2008 00:08, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    depends upon which system for pounds your using.
    In one version 1 pound =12 ounces.
    In another 1 pound = 16 ounces. both versions are used in the US.

  4. Re: hes and millimeters

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 22.04.2008 14:14, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    Or how about "The Rolling Stones"? ;-)

  5. Re: hes and millimeters

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >> 16 ounces = 1 pound, 14 pounds = 1 stone
    >> anyone weighing mor than 75 kilogrammes is FAT
    >>
    >> other than that, I'll have to get my old schoolbooks out
    >>
    >> reg

    > depends upon which system for pounds your using.
    > In one version 1 pound =12 ounces.
    > In another 1 pound = 16 ounces. both versions are used in the US.

    that depends on whether you're buying or selling.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you
    may get banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: hes and millimeters

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T said the following on 4/22/2008 6:47 PM:
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >> On 22.04.2008 14:14, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    I'll have some of what you all are smoking and get "stoned" myself 8-)

    --
    (^\pop/^)
    I Stopped to think but forgot to start again.

  7. Re: hes and millimeters

    pop wrote:
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T said the following on 4/22/2008 6:47 PM:
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>> On 22.04.2008 14:14, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    Don't know about "smoking", pop, but reg drinks some good stuff, now and
    then!

    Daniel

  8. Re: hes and millimeters

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Nobody wrote:
    >> Tony Mechelynck wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> Maybe it is, but sometimes it is useful: for instance, when my
    >>> printer used zig-zag sprocket-feed paper rather than sheet paper, I
    >>> used to order paper 21cm wide by 11" deep.
    >>>
    >>> Imperial measures are rather confusing, in general, yet there are
    >>> still people using them. One inch is 25.4 mm, one foot is twelve
    >>> inches, one yard is three feet, one fathom is two yards, one statute
    >>> mile is 1760 yards...
    >>>

    >> Guffaw! Imperial measures... and the Americans are the stalwarts
    >> still using it.

    > Well, at least there's *something* left of the empire.

    Warm beer and Whitworth threads, we tip our pints to you.

  9. Re: hes and millimeters

    On 23.04.2008 01:46, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >
    >> On 22.04.2008 21:14, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    >> the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :

    that one is for buying/selling gold bullion :-P

    reg

  10. Re: hes and millimeters

    On 23.04.2008 01:53, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>
    >>> 16 ounces = 1 pound, 14 pounds = 1 stone
    >>> anyone weighing mor than 75 kilogrammes is FAT
    >>>
    >>> other than that, I'll have to get my old schoolbooks out
    >>>
    >>> reg
    >>>

    >> depends upon which system for pounds your using.
    >> In one version 1 pound =12 ounces.
    >> In another 1 pound = 16 ounces. both versions are used in the US.
    >>

    > that depends on whether you're buying or selling.

    exactly - I remember 12 pence = 1 shilling, 20 shillings = 1 pound

    ummm - I diverse.....

    reg

  11. Re: hes and millimeters

    On 23.04.2008 02:37, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    generate the following:? :
    > pop wrote:
    >
    >> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T said the following on 4/22/2008 6:47 PM:

    hey YOU - leave me out of this...
    I /must/ get my scanner set up, as I have something to show Ed, Melchert
    and Herb... but Time is not a commodity in abundance here!

    reg

  12. Re: hes and millimeters

    On 23.04.2008 01:05, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 22.04.2008 14:14, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    methinks, you have been married for FAR TOO LONG - it's colouring is
    rubbing off....
    'faceted stones' indeed - soon you'll be saying "diamonds and rubies" in
    plain talk!

    reg

  13. Re: hes and millimeters

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 23.04.2008 01:53, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    > the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
    >> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    >>> depends upon which system for pounds your using.
    >>> In one version 1 pound =12 ounces.
    >>> In another 1 pound = 16 ounces. both versions are used in the US.
    >>>

    >> that depends on whether you're buying or selling.
    >>

    > exactly - I remember 12 pence = 1 shilling, 20 shillings = 1 pound
    >
    > ummm - I diverse.....
    >
    > reg

    4 farthings = 2 halfpence = 1 pence ......... 21 shillings = 1 guinea!

    Daniel

  14. Re: hes and millimeters

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 23.04.2008 01:46, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    > Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 22.04.2008 21:14, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter
    >>> Potamus the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :

    Don't know about gold, but here in Aus we used to have 16 oz = 1 lb

    Daniel

  15. Re: hes and millimeters

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 23.04.2008 02:37, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> pop wrote:

    Was I mistaken, reg? It does happen, and now that you mention Ed's
    name......!

    Just to get this thread back On Topic, sort of, what are "hes"??
    Something like "em"s and "en"s, maybe!

    Daniel

  16. Re: hes and millimeters

    On Apr 22, 11:13*pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote:
    > Nobody wrote:

    > >> stones aren't metric. *They're an old British measurement system,
    > >> which was removed in 1985, so they don't use it anymore.

    > > Aussies still use stone: "6.356 the crows" doesn't quite have the same
    > > ring to it...

    > is that how far the Adelaide Crows can kick a ball?
    >
    > --
    > *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    > help!!!! Emails to me may become public
    >
    > Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    > Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    > reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you
    > may get banned.
    >
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus..htm

  17. RE: hes and millimeters

    > From: maxmalawster@gmail.com> Subject: Re: hes and millimeters> Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:03:40 -0700> To: general@lists.mozilla.org> > On Apr 22, 11:13 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo> wrote:> > Nobody wrote:> > > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:> > >>> Jay Garcia wrote:> > >>> I have no idea OR interest in how many> > >>> stones I weigh! :-)> >> > >> stones aren't metric. They're an old British measurement system,> > >> which was removed in 1985, so they don't use it anymore.> > > Aussies still use stone: "6.356 the crows" doesn't quite have the same> > > ring to it...> >> > is that how far the Adelaide Crows can kick a ball?> >> > --> > *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email> > help!!!! Emails to me may become public> >> > Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech> > Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange> > reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you> > may get banned.> >> > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm> > _______________________________________________> general mailing list> general@lists.mozilla.org> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general