Re: SM Flash 9 upgrade - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: SM Flash 9 upgrade - Mozilla ; >Hello everyone, > >I knew there was a reason I joined this group... > >I've been a fan of SM for some time now and have had only a few >problems, none of which have been serious. However, this time ...

  1. Re: SM Flash 9 upgrade

    >Hello everyone,
    >
    >I knew there was a reason I joined this group...
    >
    >I've been a fan of SM for some time now and have had only a few
    >problems, none of which have been serious. However, this time I'm
    >stuck. I can't seem to get upgraded to Flash Player 9. I've downloaded
    >the install file, tried the online install and done so several times,
    >but I'm still on version 7. I remember having this problem in the past
    >with older upgrades, but always got around it eventually. It was never
    >this difficult.
    >
    >Has Mozilla just not caught up with Adobe with a current plugin? The
    >Mozilla Support website says that their ver. 9 plugin is SM compatible.
    >Am I missing something about the correct plugin for SM vs. Mozilla Suite
    >or Firefox?

    One issue we have with the Flash install on OS X is that you need to
    be logged into the account which you used to install Seamonkey to get
    the install to complete. (Oh, and that's only for SM - I can update
    Safari, etc from any account with admin privileges)

    If that is not an issue, check to see if you may be confusing the
    version number for the plugin with the version number for Flash
    Player itself. Not a Windows kinda guy, obviously, so I can't look at
    my instance to tell you what I have installed, but the plugin may be
    old because, well, it's not been updated. Dig around to find the
    Flash Player software itself and see what version IT is, perhaps?

    Hope this helps.
    --

    tom coradeschi
    tcora@skylands.ibmwr.org

  2. Re: SM Flash 9 upgrade

    Tom Coradeschi wrote:
    >> Hello everyone,
    >>
    >> I knew there was a reason I joined this group...
    >>
    >> I've been a fan of SM for some time now and have had only a few
    >> problems, none of which have been serious. However, this time I'm
    >> stuck. I can't seem to get upgraded to Flash Player 9. I've downloaded
    >> the install file, tried the online install and done so several times,
    >> but I'm still on version 7. I remember having this problem in the past
    >> with older upgrades, but always got around it eventually. It was never
    >> this difficult.
    >>
    >> Has Mozilla just not caught up with Adobe with a current plugin? The
    >> Mozilla Support website says that their ver. 9 plugin is SM
    >> compatible. Am I missing something about the correct plugin for SM vs.
    >> Mozilla Suite
    >> or Firefox?

    > One issue we have with the Flash install on OS X is that you need to be
    > logged into the account which you used to install Seamonkey to get the
    > install to complete. (Oh, and that's only for SM - I can update Safari,
    > etc from any account with admin privileges)
    >
    > If that is not an issue, check to see if you may be confusing the
    > version number for the plugin with the version number for Flash Player
    > itself. Not a Windows kinda guy, obviously, so I can't look at my
    > instance to tell you what I have installed, but the plugin may be old
    > because, well, it's not been updated. Dig around to find the Flash
    > Player software itself and see what version IT is, perhaps?
    >
    > Hope this helps.

    OP is using Windows XP however.

    Lee

+ Reply to Thread