Passwords remembered check box - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Passwords remembered check box - Mozilla ; On web sites with passwords, there is usually a checkbox that says "remember this password". If you check the box, does the password, etc get saved in the bookmarks or the cookies file? DoctorBill...

  1. Passwords remembered check box

    On web sites with passwords, there is usually a checkbox that says
    "remember this password".

    If you check the box, does the password, etc get saved in the bookmarks
    or the cookies file?

    DoctorBill

  2. Re: Passwords remembered check box

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > On web sites with passwords, there is usually a checkbox that says
    > "remember this password".
    >
    > If you check the box, does the password, etc get saved in the bookmarks
    > or the cookies file?
    >
    > DoctorBill

    cookies

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get
    banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Passwords remembered check box

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo replied On 3/28/2008 12:05 PM

    > DoctorBill wrote:
    >> On web sites with passwords, there is usually a checkbox that says
    >> "remember this password".
    >>
    >> If you check the box, does the password, etc get saved in the bookmarks
    >> or the cookies file?
    >>
    >> DoctorBill

    > cookies

    If the check box is on the web page Peter is correct.

    If the check box is a small pop up alert from SeaMonkey then the
    password and login are stored inside SeaMonkey Password files. Those
    passwords and logins are encrypted and can be viewed by you from
    Edit/Preferences/Privacy & Security/ Passwords.

    Michael

  4. Re: Passwords remembered check box

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > On web sites with passwords, there is usually a checkbox that says
    > "remember this password".
    >
    > If you check the box, does the password, etc get saved in the bookmarks
    > or the cookies file?

    No. Seamonkey stores the passwords in a password repository, which is by
    default "obscured" (IIRC) but which you can and should protect by
    enabling encryption in your security prefs.

    Do I have to tell you not to forget the master password for the security
    device?

    --
    Bill Davidsen