Remind me - green address box - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Remind me - green address box - Mozilla ; While I was visiting a website (cannot remember which), the address box turned pale green. I'm sure I should know why, but can someone explain? -- Jim S Tyneside UK www.jimscott.co.uk...

  1. Remind me - green address box

    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

  2. Re: Remind me - green address box

    On 02/14/08 03:24, Jim S wrote:
    > While I was visiting a website (cannot remember which), the address box
    > turned pale green.
    > I'm sure I should know why, but can someone explain?

    I'm pretty sure this is done when it is a secure web site (https://...)

  3. Re: Remind me - green address box

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:40:16 -0800, Mark Hansen wrote:

    > On 02/14/08 03:24, Jim S wrote:
    >> While I was visiting a website (cannot remember which), the address box
    >> turned pale green.
    >> I'm sure I should know why, but can someone explain?

    > I'm pretty sure this is done when it is a secure web site (https://...)

    That looks right.
    I tried it on my server sites where I need a password.
    BTW on Firefox the box turns primrose yellow.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

  4. Re: Remind me - green address box

    On 02/14/08 07:45, Jim S wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:40:16 -0800, Mark Hansen wrote:
    >
    >> On 02/14/08 03:24, Jim S wrote:
    >>> While I was visiting a website (cannot remember which), the address box
    >>> turned pale green.
    >>> I'm sure I should know why, but can someone explain?

    >> I'm pretty sure this is done when it is a secure web site (https://...)

    > That looks right.
    > I tried it on my server sites where I need a password.
    > BTW on Firefox the box turns primrose yellow.

    So? You can make it any color you like. Just add this to your
    userChrome.css file in the 'chrome' directory of your profile:

    /* Make address area brite green instead of yellow when page is secure */
    #urlbar[level="high"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container,
    #urlbar[level="low"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container
    {
    background-color: #00FF00 ! important;
    }
    #urlbar
    {
    background-color: white ! important;
    }

  5. Re: Remind me - green address box

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:02:57 -0800, Mark Hansen wrote:

    > On 02/14/08 07:45, Jim S wrote:

    >>> I'm pretty sure this is done when it is a secure web site (https://...)

    >> That looks right.
    >> I tried it on my server sites where I need a password.
    >> BTW on Firefox the box turns primrose yellow.

    > So? You can make it any color you like. Just add this to your
    > userChrome.css file in the 'chrome' directory of your profile:
    >
    > /* Make address area brite green instead of yellow when page is secure */
    > #urlbar[level="high"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container,
    > #urlbar[level="low"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container
    > {
    > background-color: #00FF00 ! important;
    > }
    > #urlbar
    > {
    > background-color: white ! important;
    > }

    Thank you Mark.
    I think there are better things missing from SM.

    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

  6. Re: Remind me - green address box

    Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:45:13 +0000, /Jim S/:
    > On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:40:16 -0800, Mark Hansen wrote:
    >> On 02/14/08 03:24, Jim S wrote:
    >>
    >>> While I was visiting a website (cannot remember which), the address box
    >>> turned pale green.
    >>> I'm sure I should know why, but can someone explain?

    >> I'm pretty sure this is done when it is a secure web site (https://...)

    > That looks right.
    > I tried it on my server sites where I need a password.
    > BTW on Firefox the box turns primrose yellow.

    Firefox doesn't honor the settings of my color scheme - it just uses
    the color of the tool-tip background when using Windows XP with its
    default theme - I'm using just the Windows Classic style and have
    all main colors customized so the fixed yellow Firefox uses doesn't
    fit well into my color scheme. I'm glad the Classic SeaMonkey skin
    uses my preference from the system tool-tip color - no need to make
    yet more adjustments.

    --
    Stanimir

+ Reply to Thread