Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7 - Mozilla ; I've noticed that entries to above , appesr automatically !. One des'nt need this.I ca'nt see how to delete it.Maybee it has to be done in about :config.Could someone advise please .jim...

  1. Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7

    I've noticed that entries to above , appesr automatically !. One des'nt
    need this.I ca'nt see how to delete it.Maybee it has to be done in
    about:config.Could someone advise please .jim

  2. Re: Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7

    jim wrote:
    > I've noticed that entries to above , appesr automatically !. One des'nt
    > need this.I ca'nt see how to delete it.Maybee it has to be done in
    > about:config.Could someone advise please .jim

    *what* are you talking about!?

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > jim wrote:
    >> I've noticed that entries to above , appesr automatically !. One
    >> des'nt need this.I ca'nt see how to delete it.Maybee it has to be done
    >> in about:config.Could someone advise please .jim

    > *what* are you talking about!?

    Click Windows-Address book >then on left hand side All Address books are
    listed.I do'nt require the top 2 ,which are 1/ Personal addresses &
    2/Collectos Address books. the 'personal' records email addresses,
    automatically.Hope you get it this time Pete. This Old B ,,, is a one
    finger typer Regards. jim PS Wish one could insert images here.!

  4. Re: Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7

    jim wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> jim wrote:
    >>> I've noticed that entries to above , appesr automatically !. One
    >>> des'nt need this.I ca'nt see how to delete it.Maybee it has to be
    >>> done in about:config.Could someone advise please .jim

    >> *what* are you talking about!?
    >>

    > Click Windows-Address book >then on left hand side All Address books are
    > listed.I do'nt require the top 2 ,which are 1/ Personal addresses &
    > 2/Collectos Address books. the 'personal' records email addresses,
    > automatically.Hope you get it this time Pete. This Old B ,,, is a one
    > finger typer Regards. jim PS Wish one could insert images here.!

    Pete; I just went into About:Config (mail)
    & made the following line 'False'
    MAIL,ADDR_BOOK,DISPLAYNAMS.AUTOGENERATIO USER SET, BOOLEAN IS NOW FALSE
    Sent myself a test message -went ok ;+ no entries in personal address
    book. !. jim

  5. Re: Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > jim wrote:
    >> I've noticed that entries to above , appesr automatically !. One
    >> des'nt need this.I ca'nt see how to delete it.Maybee it has to be
    >> done in about:config.Could someone advise please .jim

    > *what* are you talking about!?

    See your mail, Jim. I have sent you a pic where to disable it.

    Nanny

  6. Re: Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7

    JanWillem wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> jim wrote:
    >>> I've noticed that entries to above , appesr automatically !. One
    >>> des'nt need this.I ca'nt see how to delete it.Maybee it has to be
    >>> done in about:config.Could someone advise please .jim

    >> *what* are you talking about!?
    >>

    > See your mail, Jim. I have sent you a pic where to disable it.
    >
    > Nanny

    Replied to the easy to follow post(by E-mail) , you so Kindly sent me
    Jan.Have a Good weekend. Regards. jim

  7. Re: Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7

    jim wrote:
    > jim wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>
    >>> *what* are you talking about!?
    >>>

    >> Click Windows-Address book >then on left hand side All Address books
    >> are listed.I do'nt require the top 2 ,which are 1/ Personal addresses
    >> & 2/Collectos Address books. the 'personal' records email addresses,
    >> automatically.Hope you get it this time Pete. This Old B ,,, is a one
    >> finger typer Regards. jim PS Wish one could insert images here.!

    > Pete; I just went into About:Config (mail)
    > & made the following line 'False'
    > MAIL,ADDR_BOOK,DISPLAYNAMS.AUTOGENERATIO USER SET, BOOLEAN IS NOW FALSE
    > Sent myself a test message -went ok ;+ no entries in personal address
    > book. !. jim

    Pete Ive Restored that line in config to 'TRUE'. As those entries
    started appearing again in the Personal Address book. ! ? jim

  8. Re: Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7

    jim wrote:
    > JanWillem wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>
    >>> *what* are you talking about!?
    >>>

    >> See your mail, Jim. I have sent you a pic where to disable it.
    >>
    >> Nanny
    >>

    > Replied to the easy to follow post(by E-mail) , you so Kindly sent me
    > Jan.Have a Good weekend. Regards. jim

    That's great Jim, I was just preparing the same thing, but Nanny beat me
    to it. To be on the safe side make a copy of your addresses before
    deleting and make sure you close SeaMonkey first.

    Margaret

  9. Re: Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7

    M KC wrote:
    > jim wrote:
    >> JanWillem wrote:

    >>> See your mail, Jim. I have sent you a pic where to disable it.
    >>>
    >>> Nanny
    >>>

    >> Replied to the easy to follow post(by E-mail) , you so Kindly sent me
    >> Jan.Have a Good weekend. Regards. jim

    > That's great Jim, I was just preparing the same thing, but Nanny beat me
    > to it. To be on the safe side make a copy of your addresses before
    > deleting and make sure you close SeaMonkey first.
    >
    > Margaret

    Hi MKC;You've got those Flowers in Water I hope . In That email (that
    jan sent me) were the directions that this odie can follow !.he's so
    kind.Have a Nice weekend Margaret. Cheers. jim

  10. Re: Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7

    JanWillem wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> jim wrote:
    >>> I've noticed that entries to above , appesr automatically !. One
    >>> des'nt need this.I ca'nt see how to delete it.Maybee it has to be
    >>> done in about:config.Could someone advise please .jim

    >> *what* are you talking about!?
    >>

    > See your mail, Jim. I have sent you a pic where to disable it.
    >
    > Nanny

    why don't you post the pic somewhere so others can see it
    and figure out what you're talking about? This sending pics
    privately is not helpful for the group, as others may have
    the same thoughts as Jim.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  11. Re: Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7

    jim wrote:
    > jim wrote:
    >> jim wrote:

    >>> Click Windows-Address book >then on left hand side All Address books
    >>> are listed.I do'nt require the top 2 ,which are 1/ Personal addresses
    >>> & 2/Collectos Address books. the 'personal' records email addresses,
    >>> automatically.Hope you get it this time Pete. This Old B ,,, is a one
    >>> finger typer Regards. jim PS Wish one could insert images here.!

    >> Pete; I just went into About:Config (mail)
    >> & made the following line 'False'
    >> MAIL,ADDR_BOOK,DISPLAYNAMS.AUTOGENERATIO USER SET, BOOLEAN IS NOW
    >> FALSE
    >> Sent myself a test message -went ok ;+ no entries in personal address
    >> book. !. jim

    > Pete Ive Restored that line in config to 'TRUE'. As those entries
    > started appearing again in the Personal Address book. ! ? jim

    At least on the Linux version you can set /where/ the addresses go, I
    put mine in collected addresses, rather than personal addressbook. I
    really wish there was a box for "don't collect if you have them in
    another address book" so I don't get duplicates which lack attributes
    (like send mail in HTML) etc.

    --
    Bill Davidsen

  12. Re: Do'nt require personel address book using SM1.1.7

    On 2007-12-01 19:07 CET,
    Bill Davidsen wrote:

    > At least on the Linux version you can set /where/ the addresses go, I
    > put mine in collected addresses, rather than personal addressbook. I
    > really wish there was a box for "don't collect if you have them in
    > another address book" so I don't get duplicates which lack attributes
    > (like send mail in HTML) etc.

    You can do that in the Windows version too.

    --
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071009
    SeaMonkey/1.1.5 - Classic Theme - 266MHz Mobile Pentium II 288MB RAM

+ Reply to Thread