Search messages (headers) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Search messages (headers) - Mozilla ; Hell-o! Is possible search messages by string in whole message header (in all kludge lines, not only in specified lines)? Something like search messages for text in body... Maybe it is bizarre request, but one guy ask for it in ...

  1. Search messages (headers)

    Hell-o!

    Is possible search messages by string in whole message header (in all
    kludge lines, not only in specified lines)? Something like search
    messages for text in body...

    Maybe it is bizarre request, but one guy ask for it in local mozilla
    support board, and I do not know how to do it (I never needed it)...

    --
    Petr Voralek (icq:24229288 jabber:nazir@jabber.cz)

    .... Spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans and spam. (MP)

  2. Re: Search messages (headers)

    On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 15:35:40 +0100, Petr Voralek wrote:

    > Hell-o!
    >
    > Is possible search messages by string in whole message header (in all
    > kludge lines, not only in specified lines)? Something like search
    > messages for text in body...
    >
    > Maybe it is bizarre request, but one guy ask for it in local mozilla
    > support board, and I do not know how to do it (I never needed it)...

    You can open your mailbox with any text editor and search it
    using it's own native search functions.

    -sw

  3. Re: Search messages (headers)

    Hell-o!

    On 3.11.2007 18:10, *Sqwertz* wrote, and I quote (in part):

    >> Is possible search messages by string in whole message header (in all
    >> kludge lines, not only in specified lines)? Something like search
    >> messages for text in body...

    > You can open your mailbox with any text editor and search it
    > using it's own native search functions.

    Yes, I can use any from many power CLI tools, included in my favorite
    linux distro, but I doubt, if this guy have the same opinion about this
    simple and powerful solution... :^| In the fact, I recommend him
    similar solution, and he was not happy... ;^)

    --
    Petr Voralek (icq:24229288 jabber:nazir@jabber.cz)

    .... Those who know don't tell; those who tell don't know. (Lao-Tze)

+ Reply to Thread