Move Media Player extension for SeaMonkey? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Move Media Player extension for SeaMonkey? - Mozilla ; Hello. I tried to install Move Media Player extension from http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/check?aff=kabc so I could watch TV show episodes on http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/...lMenu&lpos=FEP .... However, I get "script not found" error when I changed my User Agent to SeaMonkey. is there a way ...

  1. Move Media Player extension for SeaMonkey?

    Hello.

    I tried to install Move Media Player extension from
    http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/check?aff=kabc so I could watch TV
    show episodes on
    http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/...lMenu&lpos=FEP
    .... However, I get "script not found" error when I changed my User Agent
    to SeaMonkey. is there a way to install this? I noticed other TV
    stations use this player extension too.

    Thank you in advance.
    --
    "Left right left right we're army ants. We swarm we fight. We have no
    home. We roam. We race. You're lucky if we miss your place." --Douglas
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  2. Re: Move Media Player extension for SeaMonkey?

    Ant wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I tried to install Move Media Player extension from
    > http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/check?aff=kabc so I could watch TV
    > show episodes on
    > http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/...lMenu&lpos=FEP
    > ... However, I get "script not found" error when I changed my User Agent
    > to SeaMonkey. is there a way to install this? I noticed other TV
    > stations use this player extension too.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    You might hope Philip Chee will answer. I don't think it has anything to
    do with the User Agent but instead the .xpi needs to be hacked for
    Seamonkey and the file is not a download type so I think that is out. I
    may be wrong. It is a Seamonkey problem.

    JAS

    --

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6)
    Gecko/20070802 Firefox/1.5 SeaMonkey/1.1.4 - Build ID: 2007080216

  3. Re: Move Media Player extension for SeaMonkey?

    Ant wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I tried to install Move Media Player extension from
    > http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/check?aff=kabc so I could watch TV
    > show episodes on
    > http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/...lMenu&lpos=FEP
    > ... However, I get "script not found" error when I changed my User Agent
    > to SeaMonkey. is there a way to install this? I noticed other TV
    > stations use this player extension too.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    yes, you've got a huge problem. When you get that "script
    not found" message, it usually means the extension isn't
    created for SM, but rather for FF [or TB].

    So, you have to things you can do. Either you can plead
    your case to Phil Chee over here and hopefully he'll make it
    compatible with SM:

    or hack it yourself:
    http://users.skynet.be/fa258499/hackexttutorial.html

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: Move Media Player extension for SeaMonkey?

    On 11/2/2007 11:02 AM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo typed:

    > Ant wrote:
    >> Hello.
    >>
    >> I tried to install Move Media Player extension from
    >> http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/check?aff=kabc so I could watch TV
    >> show episodes on
    >> http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/...lMenu&lpos=FEP
    >> ... However, I get "script not found" error when I changed my User
    >> Agent to SeaMonkey. is there a way to install this? I noticed other TV
    >> stations use this player extension too.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance.

    > yes, you've got a huge problem. When you get that "script not found"
    > message, it usually means the extension isn't created for SM, but rather
    > for FF [or TB].
    >
    > So, you have to things you can do. Either you can plead your case to
    > Phil Chee over here and hopefully he'll make it compatible with SM:
    > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=500361
    >
    > or hack it yourself: http://users.skynet.be/fa258499/hackexttutorial.html

    Or tell the Move Networks to make its Move Media Player extension to
    make it SM friendly! I noticed it is not friendly in Linux either with
    Firefox!
    --
    "... Ooh, we haven't done that in a long time. I love picnics. I'll
    bring my ant jar." --The Berenstain Bears (unknown episode)