download.rdf - Mozilla

This is a discussion on download.rdf - Mozilla ; On my SeaMonkey setup (1.1.4) the file won't hold a read-only checkmark. Is that by design or is there something strange going on? I'm trying to limit the file size which is now over 3mb....

  1. download.rdf

    On my SeaMonkey setup (1.1.4) the file won't hold a read-only
    checkmark. Is that by design or is there something strange going on? I'm
    trying to limit the file size which is now over 3mb.

  2. Re: download.rdf

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Roger Fink wrote:
    >> On my SeaMonkey setup (1.1.4) the file won't hold a
    >> read-only checkmark. Is that by design or is there something strange
    >> going on? I'm trying to limit the file size which is now over 3mb.
    >>

    > downloadS.rdf has nothing to do with the version of SM you
    > have. If you're having problems with it, then its probably
    > a windows problem.

    Downloads, sorry. It's late here.
    I notice when I look at the file content after a fresh download that the new
    download is included. If the file has nothing to do with 1.1.4 it sure is
    acting in synch with it.

  3. Re: download.rdf

    Roger Fink wrote:
    > On my SeaMonkey setup (1.1.4) the file won't hold a read-only
    > checkmark. Is that by design or is there something strange going on? I'm
    > trying to limit the file size which is now over 3mb.

    downloadS.rdf has nothing to do with the version of SM you
    have. If you're having problems with it, then its probably
    a windows problem.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: download.rdf

    Roger Fink wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Roger Fink wrote:
    >>> On my SeaMonkey setup (1.1.4) the file won't hold a
    >>> read-only checkmark. Is that by design or is there something strange
    >>> going on? I'm trying to limit the file size which is now over 3mb.
    >>>

    >> downloadS.rdf has nothing to do with the version of SM you
    >> have. If you're having problems with it, then its probably
    >> a windows problem.

    > Downloads, sorry. It's late here.
    > I notice when I look at the file content after a fresh download that the new
    > download is included. If the file has nothing to do with 1.1.4 it sure is
    > acting in synch with it.

    would you elaborate on what you just typed?

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. OT: Someones clock is off was Re: download.rdf

    Roger Fink wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Roger Fink wrote:
    >>> On my SeaMonkey setup (1.1.4) the file won't hold a
    >>> read-only checkmark. Is that by design or is there something strange
    >>> going on? I'm trying to limit the file size which is now over 3mb.
    >>>

    >> downloadS.rdf has nothing to do with the version of SM you
    >> have. If you're having problems with it, then its probably
    >> a windows problem.

    > Downloads, sorry. It's late here.
    > I notice when I look at the file content after a fresh download that the new
    > download is included. If the file has nothing to do with 1.1.4 it sure is
    > acting in synch with it.

    Roger, you have replied to Peter's post about 46 mins before he sent it!

    Is it Peter's clock or your clock that is off??

    Daniel

  6. Re: download.rdf

    Roger Fink wrote:
    > On my SeaMonkey setup (1.1.4) the file won't hold a read-only
    > checkmark. Is that by design or is there something strange going on? I'm
    > trying to limit the file size which is now over 3mb.

    Roger, why are you trying to limit the file size?? And once you mark it
    "Read Only" shouldn't that stop you being able to download anything??

    Easier way to reduce the file size would be to remove the file listings
    once you've downloaded the file (or its update maybe). Either that or
    change the name of your download.rdf file, then, when you next download
    a file, you will get an empty screen.

    HTH

    Daniel

  7. Re: OT: Someones clock is off was Re: download.rdf

    Daniel wrote:
    > Roger Fink wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> downloadS.rdf has nothing to do with the version of SM you
    >>> have. If you're having problems with it, then its probably
    >>> a windows problem.

    >> Downloads, sorry. It's late here.
    >> I notice when I look at the file content after a fresh download that the new
    >> download is included. If the file has nothing to do with 1.1.4 it sure is
    >> acting in synch with it.
    >>

    > Roger, you have replied to Peter's post about 46 mins before he sent it!
    >
    > Is it Peter's clock or your clock that is off??
    >
    > Daniel

    In North America, the clocks changed last Sunday by falling
    back one hour, and few people realized it officially doesn't
    change until next Sunday.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  8. Re: OT: Someones clock is off was Re: download.rdf

    On 10/31/2007 10:10 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > In North America, the clocks changed last Sunday by falling
    > back one hour, and few people realized it officially doesn't
    > change until next Sunday.

    Most folks using linux realize it doesn't change until Sunday :-)

  9. Re: OT: Someones clock is off was Re: download.rdf

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    [...]

    > In North America, the clocks changed last Sunday by falling back one
    > hour, and few people realized it officially doesn't change until next
    > Sunday.

    Today is the 31st. I live in North America.
    MY clock didn't change back last Sunday, nor was it supposed to, far as I know.
    Yours changed back one hour?

    keith whaley

  10. Re: OT: Someones clock is off was Re: download.rdf

    http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html
    --
    Tom - Vista, CA

  11. Re: OT: Someones clock is off was Re: download.rdf

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> Roger Fink wrote:

    >>> Downloads, sorry. It's late here.
    >>> I notice when I look at the file content after a fresh download that
    >>> the new
    >>> download is included. If the file has nothing to do with 1.1.4 it
    >>> sure is
    >>> acting in synch with it.
    >>>

    >> Roger, you have replied to Peter's post about 46 mins before he sent it!
    >>
    >> Is it Peter's clock or your clock that is off??
    >>
    >> Daniel

    > In North America, the clocks changed last Sunday by falling back one
    > hour, and few people realized it officially doesn't change until next
    > Sunday.

    Yep, down here at the other end of the world, we changed into Daylight
    savings last weekend.

    Daniel

  12. Re: OT: Someones clock is off was Re: download.rdf

    NoOp wrote:
    > On 10/31/2007 10:10 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >
    >> In North America, the clocks changed last Sunday by falling
    >> back one hour, and few people realized it officially doesn't
    >> change until next Sunday.
    >>

    > Most folks using linux realize it doesn't change until Sunday :-)

    In at least the US of A. There was a change in the date when DST came on
    and went off. DST goes of this coming Sunday Nov 4 at 2 am.

    Supposedly the change helps conserve energy by having energy users use
    lights less by having DST be longer. BTW: Mac computers receive as patch
    for this lats winter.

  13. Re: OT: Someones clock is off was Re: download.rdf

    On 11/01/07 11:10, Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > NoOp wrote:
    >> On 10/31/2007 10:10 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>
    >>> In North America, the clocks changed last Sunday by falling
    >>> back one hour, and few people realized it officially doesn't
    >>> change until next Sunday.
    >>>

    >> Most folks using linux realize it doesn't change until Sunday :-)
    >>

    > In at least the US of A. There was a change in the date when DST came on
    > and went off. DST goes of this coming Sunday Nov 4 at 2 am.
    >
    > Supposedly the change helps conserve energy by having energy users use
    > lights less by having DST be longer. BTW: Mac computers receive as patch
    > for this lats winter.

    Yes, there was a patch for Windows users as well, but they had to decide
    to install it. Perhaps some didn't?

  14. Re: OT: Someones clock is off was Re: download.rdf

    Mark Hansen wrote:
    > On 11/01/07 11:10, Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >> NoOp wrote:

    >>> Most folks using linux realize it doesn't change until Sunday :-)
    >>>

    >> In at least the US of A. There was a change in the date when DST came on
    >> and went off. DST goes of this coming Sunday Nov 4 at 2 am.
    >>
    >> Supposedly the change helps conserve energy by having energy users use
    >> lights less by having DST be longer. BTW: Mac computers receive as patch
    >> for this lats winter.
    >>

    > Yes, there was a patch for Windows users as well, but they had to decide
    > to install it. Perhaps some didn't?

    Unlike on the PC side where as soon as the computer cranks up updates
    can begin, Or just accidentally clicking on an exe file, even in an
    internet attachment; on Mac OSX *you always* have the option of
    installing software updates or not. In fact *no* software to date can be
    installed without your approval. In most case you have three or four
    chances during the download setup process to Cancel. but once you click
    okay to the last step you can't back out.

  15. Re: OT: Someones clock is off was Re: download.rdf

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > Mark Hansen wrote:

    >>> In at least the US of A. There was a change in the date when DST
    >>> came on and went off. DST goes of this coming Sunday Nov 4 at 2 am.
    >>>
    >>> Supposedly the change helps conserve energy by having energy users
    >>> use lights less by having DST be longer. BTW: Mac computers receive
    >>> as patch for this lats winter.
    >>>

    >> Yes, there was a patch for Windows users as well, but they had to
    >> decide to install it. Perhaps some didn't?
    >>

    > Unlike on the PC side where as soon as the computer cranks up updates
    > can begin, Or just accidentally clicking on an exe file, even in an
    > internet attachment; on Mac OSX *you always* have the option of
    > installing software updates or not. In fact *no* software to date can
    > be installed without your approval. In most case you have three or
    > four chances during the download setup process to Cancel. but once
    > you click okay to the last step you can't back out.

    Not that I'm a defender of Microsoft (how could one be?),

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ver-broadsides

    but, for accuracy's sake, as an individual user you do not have to accept
    any patch from Microsoft, possibly excepting with Vista. What you download
    from Windows update is selectable. The exception to this is that sometimes
    they get carried away in their monopolistic cocoon and try to get away with
    things, often with just the thinnest strand of plausible deniability once
    they're caught:

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...desktop-search

    In the case of the daylight savings change, I was using Windows 98 at the
    time, and since Microsoft was in fact trying to wean the last few Luddites
    off of it, they absolutely refused to provide a patch or even any guidance.
    For those of us who are used to finding 98 workarounds on the Internet it
    was not a big deal, but not every user is so inclined. In W2K, which is
    still supported, they provided a complex step by step guide (plus a small
    download, IIRC) on their site, but hid it so that you could only get it by
    passing through Windows Genuine Advantage ("advantage" for them). So much
    for the greater good.

    I thought that in XP, the DST patch was totally automatic through WU, but
    XP'ers would know better about that.

    The time of my postings are accurately displayed, at least from this
    location. Sorry, Rest of World. As usual, America has given everyone else
    twenty four hours to get out of town.

  16. Re: OT: Someones clock is off was Re: download.rdf

    On 11/01/2007 05:40 PM, Roger Fink wrote:

    > The time of my postings are accurately displayed, at least from this
    > location. Sorry, Rest of World. As usual, America has given everyone else
    > twenty four hours to get out of town.

    I've decided to set all of my clocks 2 hours forward... screw em :-)

+ Reply to Thread