ASMTP - Mozilla

This is a discussion on ASMTP - Mozilla ; A friend has asked me if SeaMonkey supports ASMTP, which his ISP requires. I haven't a clue, so I thought I'd ask for him here. --Ken Rudolph...

  1. ASMTP

    A friend has asked me if SeaMonkey supports ASMTP, which his ISP
    requires. I haven't a clue, so I thought I'd ask for him here.

    --Ken Rudolph

  2. Re: ASMTP

    Ken Rudolph wrote:
    > A friend has asked me if SeaMonkey supports ASMTP, which his ISP
    > requires. I haven't a clue, so I thought I'd ask for him here.
    >
    > --Ken Rudolph

    ASMTP stands for "Authenticated SMTP" which means it
    requires a login and password. So, your answer is yes, SM
    does provide it. Its under Edit, Mail & Newsgroup Account
    Settings, on the left side scroll on down until you see
    OutGoing Server {SMPT}, double click on one of the entries,
    and you will see "Security and Authentication". You will
    place a tick under "Use name and password".

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread