Pdf reader in Sea Monkey - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Pdf reader in Sea Monkey - Mozilla ; When I´m opening a link to a web page I get this message: Can't open Acrobat Reader in your Webbrowser. What is wrong in Sea Monkey?...

  1. Pdf reader in Sea Monkey

    When I´m opening a link to a web page I get this message:
    Can't open Acrobat Reader in your Webbrowser. What is wrong in Sea Monkey?

  2. Re: Pdf reader in Sea Monkey

    On 10.10.2007 09:55, Tord Hallenberg wrote:
    > When I´m opening a link to a web page I get this message:
    > Can't open Acrobat Reader in your Webbrowser. What is wrong in Sea Monkey?

    Seems that SeaMonkey don't have the Adobe Reader Plugin installed or
    won't find it. You can copy the Files:

    "nppdf32.dll" for *.pdf-support in SeaMonkey and "nppdf32.XXX" (.XXX is
    the Extension for your preferred language, .DEU for German at example,
    don't know the swedish one) for the Language-Support into the \plugins
    Folder of your SeaMonkey-Installation.

    The Files are located in [..]\Adobe\Reader X.X\Reader\Browser from the
    Adobe Reader Installation.

    Tobias

  3. Re: Pdf reader in Sea Monkey

    Tord Hallenberg wrote:
    > When I´m opening a link to a web page I get this message:
    > Can't open Acrobat Reader in your Webbrowser. What is wrong in Sea Monkey?

    Found the problem. McAfee wich I installed instead of Norman caused
    SeaMonkey not to be able to connect to my SMTP server.

  4. Re: Pdf reader in Sea Monkey

    Tord Hallenberg wrote:
    > When I´m opening a link to a web page I get this message:
    > Can't open Acrobat Reader in your Webbrowser. What is wrong in Sea Monkey?

    You need either the adobe PDFviewer plugin included with Acrobat Or if
    you use a Mac the PDFViewer Plugin created by a Fellow named Schubert
    From Germany.

    The Adobe PdfViwer works only with Safari on Mac and everything but the
    sink on on a PC. I'm not sure of its usefulness on UNIX/Linux.

  5. Re: Pdf reader in Sea Monkey

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > Tord Hallenberg wrote:
    >> When I´m opening a link to a web page I get this message:
    >> Can't open Acrobat Reader in your Webbrowser. What is wrong in Sea
    >> Monkey?

    > You need either the adobe PDFviewer plugin included with Acrobat Or if
    > you use a Mac the PDFViewer Plugin created by a Fellow named Schubert
    > From Germany.
    >
    > The Adobe PdfViwer works only with Safari on Mac and everything but the
    > sink on on a PC. I'm not sure of its usefulness on UNIX/Linux.

    There is no .pdf plug which works with SeaMonkey and Intel Macs. The
    PdfViewer created by Schubert in Germany only works on PowerPC Macs :\(

  6. Re: Pdf reader in Sea Monkey

    Hi,

    Tord Hallenberg a tapoté , le 10.10.2007 09:55:
    > When I´m opening a link to a web page I get this message:
    > Can't open Acrobat Reader in your Webbrowser. What is wrong in Sea Monkey?

    My mother on XP has seamonkey and no problem to open pdf.

    I think you should read in aboutlugins if the pdf is supported.

    Can you open a pdf file on your hard disk?

    --
    Stéphane

  7. Re: Pdf reader in Sea Monkey

    Stéphane Grégoire wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Tord Hallenberg a tapoté , le 10.10.2007 09:55:
    >> When I´m opening a link to a web page I get this message:
    >> Can't open Acrobat Reader in your Webbrowser. What is wrong in Sea
    >> Monkey?

    > My mother on XP has seamonkey and no problem to open pdf.
    >
    > I think you should read in aboutlugins if the pdf is supported.
    >

    > Can you open a pdf file on your hard disk?

    I have "solved" the problem I open the pdf in a new tab. The problem was
    McAfee that did not allow SeaMonkey to execute the pdf-file. I'm still
    working on opening it inside SM.

  8. Re: Pdf reader in Sea Monkey

    Paul Bergsagel wrote:
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >> Tord Hallenberg wrote:
    >>> When I´m opening a link to a web page I get this message:
    >>> Can't open Acrobat Reader in your Webbrowser. What is wrong in Sea
    >>> Monkey?

    >> You need either the adobe PDFviewer plugin included with Acrobat Or if
    >> you use a Mac the PDFViewer Plugin created by a Fellow named Schubert
    >> From Germany.
    >>
    >> The Adobe PdfViwer works only with Safari on Mac and everything but
    >> the sink on on a PC. I'm not sure of its usefulness on UNIX/Linux.
    >>

    > There is no .pdf plug which works with SeaMonkey and Intel Macs. The
    > PdfViewer created by Schubert in Germany only works on PowerPC Macs :\(

    Last I heard he was trying to figure out how to fix so it would.