Customizing View in Mail - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Customizing View in Mail - Mozilla ; There are times when I want to find some msgs in my Inbox that have atypical distribution. For example, they might have an e-mail address in Sender or Reply-To. I thought I'd give the Customize item in View a chance ...

  1. Customizing View in Mail

    There are times when I want to find some msgs in my Inbox that have atypical
    distribution. For example, they might have an e-mail address in Sender or
    Reply-To. I thought I'd give the Customize item in View a chance to see if I
    could pluck them out of all the other msgs. I see "filters" there like
    Recent Mail, Last 5 Days, etc. I tried making one Called From ASTC, and set
    up *To* contains ISEN, but it doesn't work. Am I misusing Customize somehow?
    I'm assuming that if I enter ASTC in the View field, it activates the ASTC
    search for ISEN. However, that may not be true. I know there are msgs with
    ISEN in their To field.

  2. Re: Customizing View in Mail

    Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:51:27 -0700, /W. Watson/:

    > There are times when I want to find some msgs in my Inbox that have
    > atypical distribution. For example, they might have an e-mail address
    > in Sender or Reply-To. I thought I'd give the Customize item in View a
    > chance to see if I could pluck them out of all the other msgs. I see
    > "filters" there like Recent Mail, Last 5 Days, etc. I tried making one
    > Called From ASTC, and set up *To* contains ISEN, but it doesn't work. Am
    > I misusing Customize somehow? I'm assuming that if I enter ASTC in the
    > View field, it activates the ASTC search for ISEN. However, that may not
    > be true. I know there are msgs with ISEN in their To field.

    Not sure whether this will suit you, but you could Search
    Messages... Search, then "Save as Search Folder". The search folder
    will have its result up to date whenever you view it.

    --
    Stanimir

  3. Re: Customizing View in Mail

    Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
    > Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:51:27 -0700, /W. Watson/:
    >
    >> There are times when I want to find some msgs in my Inbox that have
    >> atypical distribution. For example, they might have an e-mail address
    >> in Sender or Reply-To. I thought I'd give the Customize item in View a
    >> chance to see if I could pluck them out of all the other msgs. I see
    >> "filters" there like Recent Mail, Last 5 Days, etc. I tried making one
    >> Called From ASTC, and set up *To* contains ISEN, but it doesn't work.
    >> Am I misusing Customize somehow? I'm assuming that if I enter ASTC in
    >> the View field, it activates the ASTC search for ISEN. However, that
    >> may not be true. I know there are msgs with ISEN in their To field.

    > Not sure whether this will suit you, but you could Search Messages...
    > Search, then "Save as Search Folder". The search folder will have its
    > result up to date whenever you view it.

    Well, Tool search certainly works. I now see how the View-Search works. Once
    you define a search and call it say, Mysearch, then just just look for the
    Customize list on View, and select Mysearch. That performs the search.

+ Reply to Thread