Seamonkey and Sandboxie - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Seamonkey and Sandboxie - Mozilla ; I installed Sandboxie and then tried to run Seamonkey. Got immediately following error message: Could not initialize the browsers security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your browsers profile directory. Please check that this directory has ...

  1. Seamonkey and Sandboxie

    I installed Sandboxie and then tried to run Seamonkey.
    Got immediately following error message:
    Could not initialize the browsers security component. The most likely
    cause is problems with files in your browsers profile directory. Please
    check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard
    disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the
    browser and fix the problem. IF you continue to use this browser
    session, you might see incorrect browser behaviour when accessing
    security features.

    Checked all files in my Profile and in Seamonkey's folder but didn't
    find any read only or hidden file.
    I have several gig's of free space on HD.
    Sandboxie should be well installed as it runs with Internet Explorer.
    Anybody can help me please?
    Horst

  2. Re: Seamonkey and Sandboxie

    horst39 wrote:
    > I installed Sandboxie and then tried to run Seamonkey.
    > Got immediately following error message:
    > Could not initialize the browsers security component. The most likely
    > cause is problems with files in your browsers profile directory. Please
    > check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard
    > disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the
    > browser and fix the problem. IF you continue to use this browser
    > session, you might see incorrect browser behaviour when accessing
    > security features.
    >
    > Checked all files in my Profile and in Seamonkey's folder but didn't
    > find any read only or hidden file.
    > I have several gig's of free space on HD.
    > Sandboxie should be well installed as it runs with Internet Explorer.
    > Anybody can help me please?
    > Horst

    why don't you try asking in their forum? They might know
    whats wrong: http://sandboxie.com/phpbb/

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Seamonkey and Sandboxie

    On 15.09.2007 07:20, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > horst39 wrote:
    >> I installed Sandboxie and then tried to run Seamonkey.
    >> Got immediately following error message:
    >> Could not initialize the browsers security component. The most likely
    >> cause is problems with files in your browsers profile directory.
    >> Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and
    >> your hard disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that
    >> you exit the browser and fix the problem. IF you continue to use this
    >> browser session, you might see incorrect browser behaviour when
    >> accessing security features.
    >>
    >> Checked all files in my Profile and in Seamonkey's folder but didn't
    >> find any read only or hidden file.
    >> I have several gig's of free space on HD.
    >> Sandboxie should be well installed as it runs with Internet Explorer.
    >> Anybody can help me please?
    >> Horst

    > why don't you try asking in their forum? They might know whats wrong:
    > http://sandboxie.com/phpbb/

    Thank you
    Horst

+ Reply to Thread