images won't come it. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on images won't come it. - Mozilla ; In the last two or three released of seamonkey I find that I have trouble with images from some sites. For example tigerdirect.com will be missing all of the images although other things will be there. If I cut and ...

  1. images won't come it.

    In the last two or three released of seamonkey I find that I have
    trouble with images from some sites. For example tigerdirect.com will be
    missing all of the images although other things will be there. If I cut
    and paste the same link into IE then the images will appear. I can do a
    refresh of SM and I can see them in both browsers. Very strange.
    Sometimes, if I do enough refreshes in SM they will suddenly appear.
    What is going on?

    Dale

  2. Re: images won't come it.

    Dale DePriest wrote:
    > In the last two or three released of seamonkey I find that I have
    > trouble with images from some sites. For example tigerdirect.com will be
    > missing all of the images although other things will be there. If I cut
    > and paste the same link into IE then the images will appear. I can do a
    > refresh of SM and I can see them in both browsers. Very strange.
    > Sometimes, if I do enough refreshes in SM they will suddenly appear.
    > What is going on?
    >
    > Dale

    The first question that pops up is: "Do you have AdBlock (or a similar)
    add-on installed?"

    --
    Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
    - MultiZilla Project Team Lead

  3. Re: images won't come it.

    Dale DePriest wrote:
    > In the last two or three released of seamonkey I find that I have
    > trouble with images from some sites. For example tigerdirect.com will be
    > missing all of the images although other things will be there. If I cut
    > and paste the same link into IE then the images will appear. I can do a
    > refresh of SM and I can see them in both browsers. Very strange.
    > Sometimes, if I do enough refreshes in SM they will suddenly appear.
    > What is going on?
    >
    > Dale

    first read what Michael says. If no, then check your
    settings under Edit, Preferences, Privcy & Security, Images,
    and make sure that "Accept all images" is selected.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: images won't come it.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Dale DePriest wrote:
    >> In the last two or three released of seamonkey I find that I have
    >> trouble with images from some sites. For example tigerdirect.com will
    >> be missing all of the images although other things will be there. If I
    >> cut and paste the same link into IE then the images will appear. I can
    >> do a refresh of SM and I can see them in both browsers. Very strange.
    >> Sometimes, if I do enough refreshes in SM they will suddenly appear.
    >> What is going on?
    >>
    >> Dale

    > first read what Michael says. If no, then check your settings under
    > Edit, Preferences, Privcy & Security, Images, and make sure that "Accept
    > all images" is selected.

    I have set all images selected and no additional addons such as adblock.
    Does tigeerdirect work ok for you? They seem to get there images from a
    different location than their text.

    Dale

  5. Re: images won't come it.

    Dale DePriest wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Dale DePriest wrote:
    >>> In the last two or three released of seamonkey I find that I have
    >>> trouble with images from some sites. For example tigerdirect.com will
    >>> be missing all of the images although other things will be there. If I
    >>> cut and paste the same link into IE then the images will appear. I can
    >>> do a refresh of SM and I can see them in both browsers. Very strange.
    >>> Sometimes, if I do enough refreshes in SM they will suddenly appear.
    >>> What is going on?
    >>>
    >>> Dale

    >> first read what Michael says. If no, then check your settings under
    >> Edit, Preferences, Privcy & Security, Images, and make sure that "Accept
    >> all images" is selected.
    >>

    > I have set all images selected and no additional addons such as adblock.
    > Does tigeerdirect work ok for you? They seem to get there images from a
    > different location than their text.
    >
    > Dale

    As far as I can tell, yes all images show. Did you empty the
    cache and cookies? If yes, then try this, go back to the
    image setting, select something else. Close the program,
    reopen it, change the setting back, close it, and reopen it.
    Does it work now?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: images won't come it.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Dale DePriest wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> first read what Michael says. If no, then check your settings under
    >>> Edit, Preferences, Privcy & Security, Images, and make sure that
    >>> "Accept all images" is selected.
    >>>

    >> I have set all images selected and no additional addons such as
    >> adblock. Does tigeerdirect work ok for you? They seem to get there
    >> images from a different location than their text.
    >>
    >> Dale
    >>

    > As far as I can tell, yes all images show. Did you empty the cache and
    > cookies? If yes, then try this, go back to the image setting, select
    > something else. Close the program, reopen it, change the setting back,
    > close it, and reopen it. Does it work now?

    I have had this problem for years. It basically appears to be some form
    of timeout - when the other end (or the Internet itself, that happens
    very occasionally) is really slow. Looking at articles referenced by
    http://slashdot.org is a good way to see it - Slashdotted articles can
    take ages to load and sometimes do not load at all.

  7. Re: images won't come it.

    A Williams wrote:

    > I have had this problem for years. It basically appears to be some form
    > of timeout - when the other end (or the Internet itself, that happens
    > very occasionally) is really slow. Looking at articles referenced by
    > http://slashdot.org is a good way to see it - Slashdotted articles can
    > take ages to load and sometimes do not load at all.

    I forgot to say: no plugins (except for Java) at all.

  8. Re: images won't come it.

    A Williams wrote:
    > Looking at articles referenced by
    > http://slashdot.org is a good way to see it - Slashdotted articles can
    > take ages to load and sometimes do not load at all.

    I've never had problems with slashdot. Everything loads
    without problems for me. Then again, I use a hosts file to
    delete [block] all the ads. I see they have
    ad.doubleclick.net, and google-analytics.com, and google
    ads. I believe these will cause lots of problems for the
    unwary.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  9. Re: images won't come it.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Dale DePriest wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> first read what Michael says. If no, then check your settings under
    >>> Edit, Preferences, Privcy & Security, Images, and make sure that
    >>> "Accept all images" is selected.
    >>>

    >> I have set all images selected and no additional addons such as
    >> adblock. Does tigeerdirect work ok for you? They seem to get there
    >> images from a different location than their text.
    >>
    >> Dale
    >>

    > As far as I can tell, yes all images show. Did you empty the cache and
    > cookies? If yes, then try this, go back to the image setting, select
    > something else. Close the program, reopen it, change the setting back,
    > close it, and reopen it. Does it work now?

    No, it does not. It does seem that the images need a long time to
    appear. Today even IE7 won't display them so it may be something wrong
    with the way the site works although I have seen a similar problem on
    other sites but his one is the worst.

    Dale

  10. Re: images won't come it.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > A Williams wrote:
    >> Looking at articles referenced by
    >> http://slashdot.org is a good way to see it - Slashdotted articles can
    >> take ages to load and sometimes do not load at all.

    > I've never had problems with slashdot. Everything loads without
    > problems for me. Then again, I use a hosts file to delete [block] all
    > the ads. I see they have ad.doubleclick.net, and google-analytics.com,
    > and google ads. I believe these will cause lots of problems for the
    > unwary.

    Not Slashdot itself, Slashdotted articles often exhibit this behaviour.

  11. Re: images won't come it.

    A Williams wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> A Williams wrote:
    >>> Looking at articles referenced by
    >>> http://slashdot.org is a good way to see it - Slashdotted articles can
    >>> take ages to load and sometimes do not load at all.

    >> I've never had problems with slashdot. Everything loads without
    >> problems for me. Then again, I use a hosts file to delete [block] all
    >> the ads. I see they have ad.doubleclick.net, and google-analytics.com,
    >> and google ads. I believe these will cause lots of problems for the
    >> unwary.
    >>

    > Not Slashdot itself, Slashdotted articles often exhibit this behaviour.

    and I tested it there, too, with no problems whatsoever

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread