Can't Access Hotmail - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can't Access Hotmail - Mozilla ; I am not able to acces Hotmail any longer with Seamonkey. I used to be able to, but since Microsoft made all their fancy changes to it, I just get a blank page with an icon in the corner. I ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

  1. Can't Access Hotmail

    I am not able to acces Hotmail any longer with Seamonkey. I used to be
    able to, but since Microsoft made all their fancy changes to it, I just
    get a blank page with an icon in the corner. I can access it with IE,
    but I obviously prefer using Seamonkey. Can anyone help?

  2. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    Tom Pamin wrote:
    > I am not able to acces Hotmail any longer with Seamonkey. I used to be
    > able to, but since Microsoft made all their fancy changes to it, I just
    > get a blank page with an icon in the corner. I can access it with IE,
    > but I obviously prefer using Seamonkey. Can anyone help?

    I see now what is happening. The Hotmail Classic page appears for an
    instant, then right after that a blank Microsoft page appears with the
    icon in the corner. I then can never get back to my Hotmail page.

  3. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    On 9/13/2007 5:52 AM, Tom Pamin wrote:
    > Tom Pamin wrote:
    >> I am not able to acces Hotmail any longer with Seamonkey. I used to be
    >> able to, but since Microsoft made all their fancy changes to it, I just
    >> get a blank page with an icon in the corner. I can access it with IE,
    >> but I obviously prefer using Seamonkey. Can anyone help?

    > I see now what is happening. The Hotmail Classic page appears for an
    > instant, then right after that a blank Microsoft page appears with the
    > icon in the corner. I then can never get back to my Hotmail page.

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6)
    Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4

    I have no trouble accessing my Hotmail account at
    . Check your various "Security and Privacy"
    preferences. You need to see images at least from the same server, and
    you need to allow some cookies.

    --

    David E. Ross
    .

    bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation. 1997

  4. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    David E. Ross wrote:
    > On 9/13/2007 5:52 AM, Tom Pamin wrote:
    >> Tom Pamin wrote:
    >>> I am not able to acces Hotmail any longer with Seamonkey. I used to be
    >>> able to, but since Microsoft made all their fancy changes to it, I just
    >>> get a blank page with an icon in the corner. I can access it with IE,
    >>> but I obviously prefer using Seamonkey. Can anyone help?

    >> I see now what is happening. The Hotmail Classic page appears for an
    >> instant, then right after that a blank Microsoft page appears with the
    >> icon in the corner. I then can never get back to my Hotmail page.

    > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6)
    > Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4
    >
    > I have no trouble accessing my Hotmail account at
    > . Check your various "Security and Privacy"
    > preferences. You need to see images at least from the same server, and
    > you need to allow some cookies.

    When I click that link, it gets hung up at "Transferring data from
    ads1.msn.com" and doesn't go any further. There is a colored icon in the
    upper left that says "Email efficiency starts here." My settings are:
    Allow all cookies and Accept all images. I also set hotmail.com to allow
    popups. What else can I try?

  5. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    Tom Pamin wrote:
    > David E. Ross wrote:
    >>> I see now what is happening. The Hotmail Classic page appears for an
    >>> instant, then right after that a blank Microsoft page appears with the
    >>> icon in the corner. I then can never get back to my Hotmail page.

    >> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6)
    >> Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4
    >>
    >> I have no trouble accessing my Hotmail account at
    >> . Check your various "Security and Privacy"
    >> preferences. You need to see images at least from the same server, and
    >> you need to allow some cookies.
    >>

    > When I click that link, it gets hung up at "Transferring data from
    > ads1.msn.com" and doesn't go any further. There is a colored icon in the
    > upper left that says "Email efficiency starts here." My settings are:
    > Allow all cookies and Accept all images. I also set hotmail.com to allow
    > popups. What else can I try?

    I used the above link, and I'm taken to here:
    http://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=w....aspx&id=64855

    anyways, do you have adblock or noscript extensions? Are you
    using a hosts file? How about any other program running in
    the background that might be blocking it?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Tom Pamin wrote:
    >> David E. Ross wrote:
    >>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6)
    >>> Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4
    >>>
    >>> I have no trouble accessing my Hotmail account at
    >>> . Check your various "Security and Privacy"
    >>> preferences. You need to see images at least from the same server, and
    >>> you need to allow some cookies.
    >>>

    >> When I click that link, it gets hung up at "Transferring data from
    >> ads1.msn.com" and doesn't go any further. There is a colored icon in
    >> the upper left that says "Email efficiency starts here." My settings are:
    >> Allow all cookies and Accept all images. I also set hotmail.com to
    >> allow popups. What else can I try?

    > I used the above link, and I'm taken to here:
    > http://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=w....aspx&id=64855
    >

    > anyways, do you have adblock or noscript extensions? Are you using a
    > hosts file? How about any other program running in the background that
    > might be blocking it?

    When I use your link, I get the same hangup as above. Where do I see if
    I have those extensions? As far as I know I don't. Also, how do I check
    the hosts file?
    I just checked this on my other PC. The exact same thing happens with
    Hotmail.

  7. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    Tom Pamin wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Tom Pamin wrote:

    >>> When I click that link, it gets hung up at "Transferring data from
    >>> ads1.msn.com" and doesn't go any further. There is a colored icon in
    >>> the upper left that says "Email efficiency starts here." My settings are:
    >>> Allow all cookies and Accept all images. I also set hotmail.com to
    >>> allow popups. What else can I try?

    >> I used the above link, and I'm taken to here:
    >> http://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=w....aspx&id=64855
    >>

    >> anyways, do you have adblock or noscript extensions? Are you using a
    >> hosts file? How about any other program running in the background that
    >> might be blocking it?

    > When I use your link, I get the same hangup as above. Where do I see if
    > I have those extensions? As far as I know I don't.

    don't you know what SeaMonkey addons you've added? Those are
    called extensions.

    > Also, how do I check
    > the hosts file?

    search your hard drive for hosts*.* and nothing else. The
    file has no extension. Its just called hosts

    > I just checked this on my other PC. The exact same thing happens with
    > Hotmail.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  8. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Tom Pamin wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> I used the above link, and I'm taken to here:
    >>> http://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=w....aspx&id=64855
    >>>

    >>> anyways, do you have adblock or noscript extensions? Are you using a
    >>> hosts file? How about any other program running in the background
    >>> that might be blocking it?

    >> When I use your link, I get the same hangup as above. Where do I see
    >> if I have those extensions? As far as I know I don't.

    > don't you know what SeaMonkey addons you've added? Those are called
    > extensions.
    >

    >> Also, how do I check the hosts file?

    > search your hard drive for hosts*.* and nothing else. The file has no
    > extension. Its just called hosts
    >
    >> I just checked this on my other PC. The exact same thing happens with
    >> Hotmail.

    I haven't added any extensions to Seamonkey. I have a hosts file, but it
    says it's just a sample file.

  9. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    Tom Pamin wrote:
    >>> I just checked this on my other PC. The exact same thing happens with
    >>> Hotmail.

    > I haven't added any extensions to Seamonkey. I have a hosts file, but it
    > says it's just a sample file.

    well, its not happening with me, and I have no problems
    whatsoever. Can you access the site using IE? What do you
    have running in the background? I mean, any firewall, av
    program, other protection programs?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  10. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >> I haven't added any extensions to Seamonkey. I have a hosts file, but
    >> it says it's just a sample file.

    > well, its not happening with me, and I have no problems whatsoever. Can
    > you access the site using IE? What do you have running in the
    > background? I mean, any firewall, av program, other protection programs?

    I can access fine using IE. I have the Windows firewall and VCOM
    Systemsuite running. I turned all these off and still no luck.

  11. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    Tom Pamin wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> I haven't added any extensions to Seamonkey. I have a hosts file, but
    >>> it says it's just a sample file.

    >> well, its not happening with me, and I have no problems whatsoever. Can
    >> you access the site using IE? What do you have running in the
    >> background? I mean, any firewall, av program, other protection programs?
    >>

    > I can access fine using IE. I have the Windows firewall and VCOM
    > Systemsuite running. I turned all these off and still no luck.

    try emptying the cache and cookies. Otherwise, I have no idea.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  12. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    On 9/13/2007 12:01 PM, Tom Pamin wrote:
    > David E. Ross wrote:
    >>> I see now what is happening. The Hotmail Classic page appears for an
    >>> instant, then right after that a blank Microsoft page appears with the
    >>> icon in the corner. I then can never get back to my Hotmail page.

    >> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6)
    >> Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4
    >>
    >> I have no trouble accessing my Hotmail account at
    >> . Check your various "Security and Privacy"
    >> preferences. You need to see images at least from the same server, and
    >> you need to allow some cookies.
    >>

    > When I click that link, it gets hung up at "Transferring data from
    > ads1.msn.com" and doesn't go any further. There is a colored icon in the
    > upper left that says "Email efficiency starts here." My settings are:
    > Allow all cookies and Accept all images. I also set hotmail.com to allow
    > popups. What else can I try?

    Below is a summary of my configuration. Note my cookies and image
    settings. (For the image setting, you do NOT need PrefBar; just set the
    preference via [Edit > Preferences > Privacy & Security > Images].)
    However, with my image preference, you have to look carefully at the
    Hotmail pages; you get black text on a dark blue background in place of
    some buttons.

    Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
    Norton Anti-Virus 2005 11.0.16.2
    Dial-up connection (56 Kbps)
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6)
    Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4
    Cookies for the originating Web site only
    No firewall or proxy
    Java J2SE RE v.6 (build 1.6.0-b105, file and product versions 6.0.0.105)

    Flash 9.0.47.0 (9.0 r47) (but blocked with Flash Blocker)

    Extensions:
    FlashBlock 1.3.7.1
    PrefBar 3.4.1:
    Unrequested popups suppressed
    Images from the originating server only
    FlashBlock enabled
    etc

    --

    David E. Ross
    .

    bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation. 1997

  13. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Tom Pamin wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> well, its not happening with me, and I have no problems whatsoever.
    >>> Can you access the site using IE? What do you have running in the
    >>> background? I mean, any firewall, av program, other protection programs?
    >>>

    >> I can access fine using IE. I have the Windows firewall and VCOM
    >> Systemsuite running. I turned all these off and still no luck.

    > try emptying the cache and cookies. Otherwise, I have no idea.

    After emptying cache and cookies, I now get this message:
    "The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the
    following reasons:
    * This site may be experiencing a problem
    * The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network
    You can:
    * You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network,
    or try again later at this site."

  14. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    On Sep 13, 5:43 am, Tom Pamin wrote:
    > I am not able to acces Hotmail any longer with Seamonkey. I used to be
    > able to, but since Microsoft made all their fancy changes to it, I just
    > get a blank page with an icon in the corner. I can access it with IE,
    > but I obviously prefer using Seamonkey. Can anyone help?

    You could use ietab for seamonkey to do so
    it would show a small firefox icon at the corner of your screen and
    let you switch the rendering engine from gecko to Internet explorer
    of course there could be problems (especially for Linux users) but
    since you probobly are using windows anyway that doesnt seem to be
    much of a problem
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/1419 click that link
    and see if everything sets up right (you may need to restart seamonkey)

  15. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    atomic1fire wrote:
    > On Sep 13, 5:43 am, Tom Pamin wrote:
    >> I am not able to acces Hotmail any longer with Seamonkey. I used to be
    >> able to, but since Microsoft made all their fancy changes to it, I just
    >> get a blank page with an icon in the corner. I can access it with IE,
    >> but I obviously prefer using Seamonkey. Can anyone help?

    > You could use ietab for seamonkey to do so
    > it would show a small firefox icon at the corner of your screen and
    > let you switch the rendering engine from gecko to Internet explorer
    > of course there could be problems (especially for Linux users) but
    > since you probobly are using windows anyway that doesnt seem to be
    > much of a problem
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/1419 click that link
    > and see if everything sets up right (you may need to restart seamonkey)

    I installed the IETab and now Hotmail works! Thanks!

  16. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    On 09/13/2007 08:05 PM, Tom Pamin wrote:
    > atomic1fire wrote:

    >> You could use ietab for seamonkey to do so
    >> it would show a small firefox icon at the corner of your screen and
    >> let you switch the rendering engine from gecko to Internet explorer
    >> of course there could be problems (especially for Linux users) but
    >> since you probobly are using windows anyway that doesnt seem to be
    >> much of a problem
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/1419 click that link
    >> and see if everything sets up right (you may need to restart seamonkey)
    >>

    > I installed the IETab and now Hotmail works! Thanks!

    But the point is that you shouldn't have to (install IETab).
    works just fine for me (as long as I enable
    cookies), so something is wrong with your basic SM setup. Perhaps you
    should try it from a different profile to see if it works that way.

  17. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    Tom Pamin wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Tom Pamin wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> I can access fine using IE. I have the Windows firewall and VCOM
    >>> Systemsuite running. I turned all these off and still no luck.

    >> try emptying the cache and cookies. Otherwise, I have no idea.
    >>

    > After emptying cache and cookies, I now get this message:
    > "The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the
    > following reasons:
    > * This site may be experiencing a problem
    > * The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network
    > You can:
    > * You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network,
    > or try again later at this site."

    can you login from this site and try to access your hotmail
    account from there?: http://login.live.com/login.srf

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  18. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Tom Pamin wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> try emptying the cache and cookies. Otherwise, I have no idea.
    >>>

    >> After emptying cache and cookies, I now get this message:
    >> "The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the
    >> following reasons:
    >> * This site may be experiencing a problem
    >> * The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network
    >> You can:
    >> * You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live
    >> Network, or try again later at this site."

    > can you login from this site and try to access your hotmail account from
    > there?: http://login.live.com/login.srf

    I can access that page, but it doesn't give me the option of going to my
    Hotmail account. It says I need to upgrade to IE:

    > "Get the full Windows Live Account experience
    > Upgrade to a more recent browser (IE 6.0 or above). Get it now
    > scnrfrq@hotmail.com

    > Password reset information>
    > * Change your password
    > * Change your question and secret answer
    > * Add or change your alternate e-mail address
    >
    > Settings
    >
    > * Select your marketing preferences
    > * Close your account
    > >

    > Quick links
    >
    > * Feedback
    > * Terms of use
    > * Privacy statement"

  19. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    NoOp wrote:
    > On 09/13/2007 08:05 PM, Tom Pamin wrote:
    >> atomic1fire wrote:

    >>> You could use ietab for seamonkey to do so
    >>> it would show a small firefox icon at the corner of your screen and
    >>> let you switch the rendering engine from gecko to Internet explorer
    >>> of course there could be problems (especially for Linux users) but
    >>> since you probobly are using windows anyway that doesnt seem to be
    >>> much of a problem
    >>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/1419 click that link
    >>> and see if everything sets up right (you may need to restart seamonkey)
    >>>

    >> I installed the IETab and now Hotmail works! Thanks!

    > But the point is that you shouldn't have to (install IETab).
    > works just fine for me (as long as I enable
    > cookies), so something is wrong with your basic SM setup. Perhaps you
    > should try it from a different profile to see if it works that way.

    Both my PC's acted the same with Hotmail, and both now work with IETab.
    Guess I need to see what the 2 PC's have in common. They do use
    different firewalls, but they both have Spybot and VCOM Systemsuite
    Professional 7.

  20. Re: Can't Access Hotmail

    Tom Pamin wrote:
    > NoOp wrote:

    >>> I installed the IETab and now Hotmail works! Thanks!

    >> But the point is that you shouldn't have to (install IETab).
    >> works just fine for me (as long as I enable
    >> cookies), so something is wrong with your basic SM setup. Perhaps you
    >> should try it from a different profile to see if it works that way.

    > Both my PC's acted the same with Hotmail, and both now work with IETab.
    > Guess I need to see what the 2 PC's have in common. They do use
    > different firewalls, but they both have Spybot and VCOM Systemsuite
    > Professional 7.

    Wel, I celebrated too soon. Now all the Hotmail sites I bookmarked
    yesterday tell me I have to have cookies enabled to sign in. I do have
    them enabled for IE and Seamonkey, but now I can't sign in even with
    IETab. Help!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast