One Caution MN - Mozilla

This is a discussion on One Caution MN - Mozilla ; It is okay to upgrade to SeaMonkey 1.1.4 and use your old profile. The caution is after you upgrade do not use Mozilla 1.7.13 with the same profile you are using with SeaMonkey. New features in SeaMonkey added to SeaMonkey ...

  1. One Caution MN

    It is okay to upgrade to SeaMonkey 1.1.4 and use your old profile. The
    caution is after you upgrade do not use Mozilla 1.7.13 with the same
    profile you are using with SeaMonkey. New features in SeaMonkey added to
    SeaMonkey have made it unwise to return to Mozilla and use the same
    profile you used with SeaMonkey. This may cause a crash or other strange
    behavior. Back up your profile if you think you might have to return to
    Mozilla.

    **You can use a profile created by Mozilla 1.7.13 with SeaMonkey. This
    also means that if you upgrade to SeaMonkey and have used your profile
    with SeaMonkey you cannot downgrade to Mozilla and keep using the same
    profile. Back up your profile before you move to SeaMonkey if you want
    to continue using Mozilla as well.

    **You CAN NOT use a profile created by SeaMonkey with Mozilla.

    **NEVER share a profile between Mozilla and SeaMonkey. This may result
    in lost data such as lost email/bookmarks/etc. It may also result in
    crashes.

    BTW Whenever I upgrade to a new version of SeaMonkey (i.e. 1.3 to 1.4)
    The first thing I do is back up my profile. I do this just in case the
    worst thing happens and the new version trashes my profile, or looses my
    bookmarks, or destroys my email or address books. I have only lost data
    once since I began using Mozilla/SeaMonkey in 1999. I can't remember
    which version of the software it occurred with, but it taught me one
    valuable lesson->Always have a backup of your profile no more than a
    month old for peace of mind.

  2. Ignre the above message: meant to reply to thread above