Another streaming video downloader? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Another streaming video downloader? - Mozilla ; I am currently using http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php extension, but its downloader seems outdated via form and extension. MySpace, YouTube, etc. do not work (errors). Is there another one that will work with the extension? Thank you in advance. -- "Is this stuff ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

  1. Another streaming video downloader?

    --
    "Is this stuff any good for ants?" "No, it kills them." --unknown
    /\___/\
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  2. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    Ant wrote:
    > I am currently using http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php extension,
    > but its downloader seems outdated via form and extension. MySpace,
    > YouTube, etc. do not work (errors). Is there another one that will work
    > with the extension?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    you can look here for SM extensions:
    http://users.skynet.be/fa258499/extensions.html

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    On 8/24/2007 8:48 AM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo typed:

    > Ant wrote:
    >> I am currently using http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php
    >> extension, but its downloader seems outdated via form and extension.
    >> MySpace, YouTube, etc. do not work (errors). Is there another one that
    >> will work with the extension?
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance.

    > you can look here for SM extensions:
    > http://users.skynet.be/fa258499/extensions.html

    Yeah, I already use VideoDownloader, but its back-end needs to be
    updated since YouTube and MYSpace doesn't work! .
    --
    "Really. And do these lions eat ants?" --John Cleese in Monty Python's
    Flying Circus
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  4. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    Ant wrote:
    > On 8/24/2007 8:48 AM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo typed:
    >
    >> Ant wrote:
    >>> I am currently using http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php
    >>> extension, but its downloader seems outdated via form and extension.
    >>> MySpace, YouTube, etc. do not work (errors). Is there another one that
    >>> will work with the extension?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you in advance.

    >> you can look here for SM extensions:
    >> http://users.skynet.be/fa258499/extensions.html

    > Yeah, I already use VideoDownloader, but its back-end needs to be
    > updated since YouTube and MYSpace doesn't work! .

    the extension works just fine. On the site I listed, did
    you read what it says. You need xsidebar in order for the
    extension to work in SM.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    On 8/24/2007 9:32 AM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > Ant wrote:

    >>> you can look here for SM extensions:
    >>> http://users.skynet.be/fa258499/extensions.html

    >> Yeah, I already use VideoDownloader, but its back-end needs to be
    >> updated since YouTube and MYSpace doesn't work! .

    > the extension works just fine. On the site I listed, did you read what
    > it says. You need xsidebar in order for the extension to work in SM.

    I have that though. Were you able to download any FLV videos from
    youtube.com? It used to work before Wednesday's night upgrade. It worked
    on MySpace as well before a few months ago with the switch to
    http://vids.myspace.com/ ...
    --
    Phillip Pi
    Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst

  6. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    Phillip Pi wrote:
    > On 8/24/2007 9:32 AM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >
    >> Ant wrote:
    >>> On 8/24/2007 8:48 AM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo typed:

    >>> Yeah, I already use VideoDownloader, but its back-end needs to be
    >>> updated since YouTube and MYSpace doesn't work! .

    >> the extension works just fine. On the site I listed, did you read what
    >> it says. You need xsidebar in order for the extension to work in SM.

    > I have that though. Were you able to download any FLV videos from
    > youtube.com? It used to work before Wednesday's night upgrade. It worked
    > on MySpace as well before a few months ago with the switch to
    > http://vids.myspace.com/ ...

    there is a problem with the videodownloader site. They're
    having problems so thats why its not working.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  7. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    Ant wrote:
    > I am currently using http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php extension,
    > but its downloader seems outdated via form and extension. MySpace,
    > YouTube, etc. do not work (errors). Is there another one that will work
    > with the extension?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    OK, I have something other that works, and I just tried it.
    I forgot I had it in the first place. I had to enable it
    and it works great.

    First, you need to install the xSidebar extension:
    http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/

    Then you need to install the greasemonkey extension:
    http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedm...l#greasemonkey

    Once you've got grease working, then go here:
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/search?q=download+video , and
    grab yourself one of the scripts. The one I'm using is
    Download Video [the 2nd one]. I don't know about the
    others, but I'm sure they work aswell.

    And if you need an flv viewer, then you can get a free one
    from here from Riva: http://www.rivavx.com/index.php?id=422

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  8. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Phillip Pi wrote:

    >>> the extension works just fine. On the site I listed, did you read what
    >>> it says. You need xsidebar in order for the extension to work in SM.

    >> I have that though. Were you able to download any FLV videos from
    >> youtube.com? It used to work before Wednesday's night upgrade. It worked
    >> on MySpace as well before a few months ago with the switch to
    >> http://vids.myspace.com/ ...

    > there is a problem with the videodownloader site. They're
    > having problems so thats why its not working.

    I mean the videodownloader network is having problems.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  9. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    >>> the extension works just fine. On the site I listed, did you read
    >>> what it says. You need xsidebar in order for the extension to work
    >>> in SM.

    >> I have that though. Were you able to download any FLV videos from
    >> youtube.com? It used to work before Wednesday's night upgrade. It
    >> worked on MySpace as well before a few months ago with the switch to
    >> http://vids.myspace.com/ ...

    > there is a problem with the videodownloader site. They're having
    > problems so thats why its not working.

    Yeah, that is why I was asking for another site that had a SeaMonkey
    extension like it. I don't think the problem will be resolved soon since
    MySpace issue has been around for months. And yes, I e-mailed the owner.
    --
    Phillip Pi
    Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
    ISP/Symantec Online Services, Consumer Business Unit
    Symantec Corporation
    www.symantec.com
    Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
    Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
    expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
    views of my employer. Thank you.

  10. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    On 8/24/2007 3:09 PM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > Ant wrote:
    >> I am currently using http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php
    >> extension, but its downloader seems outdated via form and extension.
    >> MySpace, YouTube, etc. do not work (errors). Is there another one that
    >> will work with the extension?
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance.

    > OK, I have something other that works, and I just tried it. I forgot I
    > had it in the first place. I had to enable it and it works great.
    >
    > First, you need to install the xSidebar extension:
    > http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/
    >
    > Then you need to install the greasemonkey extension:
    > http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedm...l#greasemonkey
    >
    > Once you've got grease working, then go here:
    > http://userscripts.org/scripts/search?q=download+video , and grab
    > yourself one of the scripts. The one I'm using is Download Video [the
    > 2nd one]. I don't know about the others, but I'm sure they work aswell.

    Thnaks. Wow, it seems a lot of steps to set it up compare to just
    installing extensions (XPI). I will check it out later.

    > And if you need an flv viewer, then you can get a free one from here
    > from Riva: http://www.rivavx.com/index.php?id=422

    Thanks. I use Media Player Classic from K-Lite Codec.
    --
    Phillip Pi
    Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
    ISP/Symantec Online Services, Consumer Business Unit
    Symantec Corporation
    www.symantec.com
    Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
    Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
    expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
    views of my employer. Thank you.

  11. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    Phillip Pi wrote:
    > On 8/24/2007 3:09 PM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >
    >> Ant wrote:
    >>> I am currently using http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php
    >>> extension, but its downloader seems outdated via form and extension.
    >>> MySpace, YouTube, etc. do not work (errors). Is there another one that
    >>> will work with the extension?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you in advance.

    >> OK, I have something other that works, and I just tried it. I forgot I
    >> had it in the first place. I had to enable it and it works great.
    >>
    >> First, you need to install the xSidebar extension:
    >> http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/
    >>
    >> Then you need to install the greasemonkey extension:
    >> http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedm...l#greasemonkey
    >>
    >> Once you've got grease working, then go here:
    >> http://userscripts.org/scripts/search?q=download+video , and grab
    >> yourself one of the scripts. The one I'm using is Download Video [the
    >> 2nd one]. I don't know about the others, but I'm sure they work aswell.

    > Thnaks. Wow, it seems a lot of steps to set it up compare to just
    > installing extensions (XPI). I will check it out later.

    yeah, I know what you mean. But you need xSidebar in order
    to get greasemonkey working. Grease is a FF extension, but
    thanks to Phil Chee, he ported grease over so you can use it
    in SM.

    Now, with all the scripts available its going to open a
    whole new world to you. It sure did to me.

    >> And if you need an flv viewer, then you can get a free one from here
    >> from Riva: http://www.rivavx.com/index.php?id=422

    > Thanks. I use Media Player Classic from K-Lite Codec.

    I didn't know MPC could play FLVs. I'll have to start up
    mine and take a peek.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  12. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    On 8/24/2007 3:39 PM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > Phillip Pi wrote:

    >>> OK, I have something other that works, and I just tried it. I forgot
    >>> I had it in the first place. I had to enable it and it works great.
    >>>
    >>> First, you need to install the xSidebar extension:
    >>> http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/
    >>>
    >>> Then you need to install the greasemonkey extension:
    >>> http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedm...l#greasemonkey
    >>>
    >>> Once you've got grease working, then go here:
    >>> http://userscripts.org/scripts/search?q=download+video , and grab
    >>> yourself one of the scripts. The one I'm using is Download Video [the
    >>> 2nd one]. I don't know about the others, but I'm sure they work aswell.

    >> Thnaks. Wow, it seems a lot of steps to set it up compare to just
    >> installing extensions (XPI). I will check it out later.

    > yeah, I know what you mean. But you need xSidebar in order to get
    > greasemonkey working. Grease is a FF extension, but thanks to Phil
    > Chee, he ported grease over so you can use it in SM.
    >
    > Now, with all the scripts available its going to open a whole new world
    > to you. It sure did to me.

    Yeah? Like what are you running that you couldn't before with plain
    SeaMonkey XPI files?

    >>> And if you need an flv viewer, then you can get a free one from here
    >>> from Riva: http://www.rivavx.com/index.php?id=422

    >> Thanks. I use Media Player Classic from K-Lite Codec.

    > I didn't know MPC could play FLVs. I'll have to start up mine and take
    > a peek.

    K-Lite Codec Packs have all codecs including FLV.
    --
    Phillip Pi
    Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
    ISP/Symantec Online Services, Consumer Business Unit
    Symantec Corporation
    www.symantec.com
    Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
    Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
    expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
    views of my employer. Thank you.

  13. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    The error I'm getting now is this using videodownloader:

    [youtube.com] Error: Not a valid URL (http://youtube.com/watch?
    v=tZ54jXFjXKo). Visit our web to know in detail what video sites are
    supported.

    But if I go to another site like slubber.com it recognizes the flv
    file and can save target as.

    Did youtube block the downloading of videos?

    On Aug 24, 6:04 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote:
    > Phillip Pi wrote:

    > >> the extension works just fine. On the site I listed, did you read what
    > >> it says. You need xsidebar in order for the extension to work in SM.

    > > I have that though. Were you able to download any FLV videos from
    > > youtube.com? It used to work before Wednesday's night upgrade. It worked
    > > on MySpace as well before a few months ago with the switch to
    > >http://vids.myspace.com/...

    > there is a problem with thevideodownloadersite. They're
    > having problems so thats why its not working.
    >
    > --
    > Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup
    > only. And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All
    > or Reply to Author. Thanks!
    >
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  14. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    Probably, YouTube upgraded two nights ago. I guess they did something.

    On 8/24/2007 7:02 PM PT, cdkscully wrote:

    > The error I'm getting now is this using videodownloader:
    >
    > [youtube.com] Error: Not a valid URL (http://youtube.com/watch?
    > v=tZ54jXFjXKo). Visit our web to know in detail what video sites are
    > supported.
    >
    > But if I go to another site like slubber.com it recognizes the flv
    > file and can save target as.
    >
    > Did youtube block the downloading of videos?

    [snipped]
    --
    Phillip Pi
    Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
    ISP/Symantec Online Services, Consumer Business Unit
    Symantec Corporation
    www.symantec.com
    Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
    Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
    expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
    views of my employer. Thank you.

  15. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    Phillip Pi wrote:
    >>> Thanks. I use Media Player Classic from K-Lite Codec.

    >> I didn't know MPC could play FLVs. I'll have to start up mine and take
    >> a peek.

    > K-Lite Codec Packs have all codecs including FLV.

    interesting. I just checked it out in my version and it
    works with no problems. Far better than the Riva FLV
    Viewer. It didn't work all that great anyways. Thanks for
    that tip.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  16. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    There are some change in YouTube last week.
    KeepTube is ok with the chanage, you can try.
    http://www.keeptube.runtimechecker.com

    On Aug 24, 11:17 am, Ant wrote:
    > I am currently usinghttp://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.phpextension,
    > but its downloader seems outdated via form and extension. MySpace,YouTube, etc. do not work (errors). Is there another one that will work
    > with the extension?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    > --
    > "Is this stuff any good for ants?" "No, it kills them." --unknown
    > /\___/\
    > / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @http://antfarm.ma.cx(Personal Web Site)
    > | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL):http://aqfl.net
    > \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: phi...@earthlink.netANT
    > ( ) or ANT...@zimage.com
    > Ant is currently not listening to any songs on his home computer.

  17. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    On 8/24/2007 11:22 PM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo typed:

    > Phillip Pi wrote:
    >>> I didn't know MPC could play FLVs. I'll have to start up mine and
    >>> take a peek.

    >> K-Lite Codec Packs have all codecs including FLV.

    > interesting. I just checked it out in my version and it works with no
    > problems. Far better than the Riva FLV Viewer. It didn't work all
    > that great anyways. Thanks for that tip.

    No problem. Also, VideoLAN Client Media Player.
    --
    "Be thine enemy an ant, see in him an elephant." --Turkish Proverb
    /\___/\
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  18. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    It doesn't look like free since I have to install another program
    (trial). And I am looking for an extension.

    On 8/25/2007 6:45 AM PT, runtimechecker@gmail.com typed:

    --
    "The tiny ant dares to enter the lion's ear." --Armenian
    /\___/\
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  19. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    Ant wrote:
    > On 8/24/2007 11:22 PM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo typed:
    >
    >> Phillip Pi wrote:
    >>> K-Lite Codec Packs have all codecs including FLV.

    >> interesting. I just checked it out in my version and it works with no
    >> problems. Far better than the Riva FLV Viewer. It didn't work all
    >> that great anyways. Thanks for that tip.

    > No problem. Also, VideoLAN Client Media Player.

    I don't like vlc. I see the movie, then the voices come in
    later. Something like a bad Chinese movie dubbed with
    English. Irfanview does the same thing.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  20. Re: Another streaming video downloader?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Ant wrote:

    >>> interesting. I just checked it out in my version and it works with no
    >>> problems. Far better than the Riva FLV Viewer. It didn't work all
    >>> that great anyways. Thanks for that tip.

    >> No problem. Also, VideoLAN Client Media Player.

    > I don't like vlc. I see the movie, then the voices come in
    > later. Something like a bad Chinese movie dubbed with
    > English. Irfanview does the same thing.

    If two players are doing it with the same movie I'd suspect an audio
    sync problem. Most players have a method of delaying or advancing the
    audio/video track. Check the documentation.

    --
    Fresco's Discovery:
    If you knew what you were doing you'd probably be bored.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast