camino vs. seamonkey - Mozilla

This is a discussion on camino vs. seamonkey - Mozilla ; Is one better than the other form Mac OSX?...

  1. camino vs. seamonkey

    Is one better than the other form Mac OSX?

  2. Re: camino vs. seamonkey

    gmsingh wrote:
    > Is one better than the other form Mac OSX?

    If it helps, Seamonkey has a built-in email and newsgroup client, and
    Camino doesn't.

    Seamonkey is similar to Netscape 7.
    Camino seems closer to Safari.

    I use a G4 optimized build of Seamonkey 1.1.4 on a G4 1.GHz with OS 10.4.10.

  3. Re: camino vs. seamonkey

    gmsingh wrote:
    > Is one better than the other form Mac OSX?

    SM is an internet suite application, Camino is just a web browser.

    I use Camino for web sites that have loads of advertising crap, because
    it has the preference "Block web advertising", (which I think stops
    Flash animation, but not sure).

    GW

  4. Re: camino vs. seamonkey

    See also: http://www.caminobrowser.org/documentation/annoyances/

    --
    Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
    - MultiZilla Project Team Lead

  5. Re: camino vs. seamonkey

    Dave H wrote:
    > gmsingh wrote:
    >> Is one better than the other form Mac OSX?

    > If it helps, Seamonkey has a built-in email and newsgroup client, and
    > Camino doesn't.
    >
    > Seamonkey is similar to Netscape 7.
    > Camino seems closer to Safari.
    >
    > I use a G4 optimized build of Seamonkey 1.1.4 on a G4 1.GHz with OS
    > 10.4.10.

    I have a mac mini with Intel single core processor. I find that some
    stuff that used to work fine on my other macs has problems with the
    Intel, but Camino and Seamonkey work fine. Mozilla used to screw up
    constantly. Seamonkey seems to load pages faster, and for some reason
    Camino only allows for one password saved per page and Seamonkey allows
    multiples.

    I guess I'll have to wait and see if Seamonkey has any of the issues
    that Mozilla used to have.

  6. Re: camino vs. seamonkey

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:12:29 -1000, Geoff Welsh wrote:

    > I use Camino for web sites that have loads of advertising crap, because
    > it has the preference "Block web advertising", (which I think stops
    > Flash animation, but not sure).

    The latest versions of Camino have the Flashblock extension built in.
    They may be a version or two behind our extension though due to
    differing release schedules.

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]Discoveries are made by not following instructions.

+ Reply to Thread