can't add links using Composer anymore - Mozilla

This is a discussion on can't add links using Composer anymore - Mozilla ; I hope someone can help me with a problem that just occurred in Composer. I am no longer able to add links that appear in a web page. If you look at this page: http://faculty.uca.edu/~jmurray/BIOL3360/lectures.htm The bottom of the page ...

  1. can't add links using Composer anymore

    I hope someone can help me with a problem that just occurred in
    Composer. I am no longer able to add links that appear in a web
    page.

    If you look at this page:
    http://faculty.uca.edu/~jmurray/BIOL3360/lectures.htm

    The bottom of the page is supposed to have 5 links, and the links work
    in Navigator when I browse the local html file. But when I upload to
    our web server, only 1 of those links is working. Each link was
    inserted using Composer.

    Composer has always worked flawlessly for me. I made a website last
    month and everything went fine.

    Can anyone tell me what has gone wrong and how to fix it?

    THANKS!

  2. Re: can't add links using Composer anymore

    jmurray@conwaycorp.net created this reply On 8/22/2007 5:54 PM

    > I hope someone can help me with a problem that just occurred in
    > Composer. I am no longer able to add links that appear in a web
    > page.
    >
    > If you look at this page:
    > http://faculty.uca.edu/~jmurray/BIOL3360/lectures.htm
    >
    > The bottom of the page is supposed to have 5 links, and the links work
    > in Navigator when I browse the local html file. But when I upload to
    > our web server, only 1 of those links is working. Each link was
    > inserted using Composer.
    >
    > Composer has always worked flawlessly for me. I made a website last
    > month and everything went fine.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what has gone wrong and how to fix it?
    >
    > THANKS!

    If you read the first few lines in the code it states that AppleWorks
    HTML Filter 6.0 created this page.

    The links at the bottom of the page have some very serious coding errors
    with some type of insertion into the hyper link code.
    BIOL 3360
    homepage

    I suggest you start over from the very first line of code with SeaMonkey
    Composer and create a new page. Don't try and correct the errors, its a
    total mess. Start from scratch and let Composer build it right.

    Michael

    Posting To Mozilla.Test.Multimedia

    SeaMonkey
    The "All In One Internet Application Suite"

  3. Re: can't add links using Composer anymore

    thanks!

    I actually "fixed" the problem by copying and pasting the content of
    the page from one Composer page to a new one. now everything works.
    The template of this page actually originated in 1997, and perhaps
    that person was the one who made it with AppleWorks. I've always used
    Composer (Netscape, Mozilla, SeaMonkey).

    I appreciate your help!

    cheers
    jim

  4. Re: can't add links using Composer anymore

    jmurray@conwaycorp.net created this reply On 8/22/2007 8:21 PM

    > thanks!
    >
    > I actually "fixed" the problem by copying and pasting the content of
    > the page from one Composer page to a new one. now everything works.
    > The template of this page actually originated in 1997, and perhaps
    > that person was the one who made it with AppleWorks. I've always used
    > Composer (Netscape, Mozilla, SeaMonkey).
    >
    > I appreciate your help!
    >
    > cheers
    > jim

    Hello JIm,

    You are very welcome.

    I suggest you create a brand new page with composer to insure that all
    the code is web standards compliant. Once you have a good working copy
    and one you will want to keep save a copy as a Composer template to use
    again and again.

    Michael

    Posting To Mozilla.Test.Multimedia

    SeaMonkey
    The "All In One Internet Application Suite"

+ Reply to Thread