cnews.corel.com Has Disappeared or Has It? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on cnews.corel.com Has Disappeared or Has It? - Mozilla ; Something is really screwy here. Saturday all newsgroups that I subscribe to under sbcglobal's cnews.corel.com disappeared. Each time I'd try to re-subscribe, I would get a message that there are zero messages, and would I like to unsubscribe. Repeated tries ...

  1. cnews.corel.com Has Disappeared or Has It?

    Something is really screwy here. Saturday all newsgroups that I subscribe to
    under sbcglobal's cnews.corel.com disappeared. Each time I'd try to
    re-subscribe, I would get a message that there are zero messages, and would
    I like to unsubscribe. Repeated tries resulted in zippo.

    I just went to the Corel web site where they allow one to subscribe to their
    newsgroups. I selected a NG, and it put up the usual messages that the NG
    doesn't exit and would I like to unsubscribe; however, I said Cancel.
    Amazingly, the NG appeared like any NG would in my SM e-mail message area.
    If I go to the cnews.corel.com list for the same NG, it still persists in
    telling me the NG doesn't exist. I'm now talking to Corel.

    In the mean time, I'm leaving the unusual way to access this NG open if
    anyone here comes up with a solution My mail program is SeaMonkey/Mozilla.

  2. Re: cnews.corel.com Has Disappeared or Has It?

    W. Watson wrote:
    > Something is really screwy here. Saturday all newsgroups that I
    > subscribe to under sbcglobal's cnews.corel.com disappeared. Each time
    > I'd try to re-subscribe, I would get a message that there are zero
    > messages, and would I like to unsubscribe. Repeated tries resulted in
    > zippo.
    >
    > I just went to the Corel web site where they allow one to subscribe to
    > their newsgroups. I selected a NG, and it put up the usual messages that
    > the NG doesn't exit and would I like to unsubscribe; however, I said
    > Cancel. Amazingly, the NG appeared like any NG would in my SM e-mail
    > message area. If I go to the cnews.corel.com list for the same NG, it
    > still persists in telling me the NG doesn't exist. I'm now talking to
    > Corel.
    >
    > In the mean time, I'm leaving the unusual way to access this NG open if
    > anyone here comes up with a solution My mail program is SeaMonkey/Mozilla.

    Wow. This is screwy. I thought I was posting this to a corel NG that I had
    finally, I thought, got access to. I'm going to try posting there again.

  3. Re: cnews.corel.com Has Disappeared or Has It?

    W. Watson wrote:
    > W. Watson wrote:
    >> Something is really screwy here. Saturday all newsgroups that I
    >> subscribe to under sbcglobal's cnews.corel.com disappeared. Each time
    >> I'd try to re-subscribe, I would get a message that there are zero
    >> messages, and would I like to unsubscribe. Repeated tries resulted in
    >> zippo.
    >>
    >> I just went to the Corel web site where they allow one to subscribe to
    >> their newsgroups. I selected a NG, and it put up the usual messages
    >> that the NG doesn't exit and would I like to unsubscribe; however, I
    >> said Cancel. Amazingly, the NG appeared like any NG would in my SM
    >> e-mail message area. If I go to the cnews.corel.com list for the same
    >> NG, it still persists in telling me the NG doesn't exist. I'm now
    >> talking to Corel.
    >>
    >> In the mean time, I'm leaving the unusual way to access this NG open
    >> if anyone here comes up with a solution My mail program is
    >> SeaMonkey/Mozilla.

    > Wow. This is screwy. I thought I was posting this to a corel NG that I
    > had finally, I thought, got access to. I'm going to try posting there
    > again.

    Also using SeaMonkey, I've had full access to cnews.corel.com all
    weekend -- so maybe the problem is within sbcglobal?

  4. Re: cnews.corel.com Has Disappeared or Has It?

    Bill Spikowski wrote:
    > W. Watson wrote:
    >> W. Watson wrote:
    >>> Something is really screwy here. Saturday all newsgroups that I
    >>> subscribe to under sbcglobal's cnews.corel.com disappeared. Each time
    >>> I'd try to re-subscribe, I would get a message that there are zero
    >>> messages, and would I like to unsubscribe. Repeated tries resulted in
    >>> zippo.
    >>>
    >>> I just went to the Corel web site where they allow one to subscribe to
    >>> their newsgroups. I selected a NG, and it put up the usual messages
    >>> that the NG doesn't exit and would I like to unsubscribe; however, I
    >>> said Cancel. Amazingly, the NG appeared like any NG would in my SM
    >>> e-mail message area. If I go to the cnews.corel.com list for the same
    >>> NG, it still persists in telling me the NG doesn't exist. I'm now
    >>> talking to Corel.
    >>>
    >>> In the mean time, I'm leaving the unusual way to access this NG open
    >>> if anyone here comes up with a solution My mail program is
    >>> SeaMonkey/Mozilla.

    >> Wow. This is screwy. I thought I was posting this to a corel NG that I
    >> had finally, I thought, got access to. I'm going to try posting there
    >> again.

    > Also using SeaMonkey, I've had full access to cnews.corel.com all
    > weekend -- so maybe the problem is within sbcglobal?

    sbcglobal has nothing to do with the cnews.corel.com news
    server. They are a private server that is not propagated to
    the usenet community

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: cnews.corel.com Has Disappeared or Has It?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Bill Spikowski wrote:
    >> W. Watson wrote:

    >>> Wow. This is screwy. I thought I was posting this to a corel NG that
    >>> I had finally, I thought, got access to. I'm going to try posting
    >>> there again.

    >> Also using SeaMonkey, I've had full access to cnews.corel.com all
    >> weekend -- so maybe the problem is within sbcglobal?

    > sbcglobal has nothing to do with the cnews.corel.com news server. They
    > are a private server that is not propagated to the usenet community

    I created a new cnews.corel.com, and dropped the old one. All is well again.
    I think someone here or elsewhere suggested that too.

    Very odd though. I got a similar msg today from sf.news.sbcglobal.net. It
    may have vanished though. It was lightly traveled. chile.rec.misc.

+ Reply to Thread