Corel's cnews.corel.com NGs Have Disappeared - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Corel's cnews.corel.com NGs Have Disappeared - Mozilla ; Something is amiss. Others have reported they are there. PaintshopProXI, and others all show no entries when I try to re-subscribe. I'm using SM 1.1. The problem occurred yesterday around noon....

  1. Corel's cnews.corel.com NGs Have Disappeared

    Something is amiss. Others have reported they are there. PaintshopProXI, and
    others all show no entries when I try to re-subscribe. I'm using SM 1.1. The
    problem occurred yesterday around noon.

  2. Re: Corel's cnews.corel.com NGs Have Disappeared

    W. Watson wrote:
    > Something is amiss. Others have reported they are there. PaintshopProXI,
    > and
    > others all show no entries when I try to re-subscribe. I'm using SM 1.1.
    > The
    > problem occurred yesterday around noon.

    I can confirm they are still there. I suggest you unsuscribe the
    absentee newsgroup, go to subscribe, refresh and renew your subscription.

    --
    John Doue

  3. Re: Corel's cnews.corel.com NGs Have Disappeared

    John Doue wrote:
    > W. Watson wrote:
    >> Something is amiss. Others have reported they are there.
    >> PaintshopProXI, and
    >> others all show no entries when I try to re-subscribe. I'm using SM
    >> 1.1. The
    >> problem occurred yesterday around noon.

    > I can confirm they are still there. I suggest you unsuscribe the
    > absentee newsgroup, go to subscribe, refresh and renew your subscription.

    I've tried that several times. It doesn't work.

    Something is really screwy here. I just went to the Corel web site where
    they allow one to subscribe to their newsgroups. I selected a NG, and it put
    up the usual messages, that the NG doesn't exit and would I like to
    unsubscribe; however, I said Cancel. Amazingly, the NG appeared like any NG
    would in my SM e-mail message area. If I go to the cnews.corel.com list for
    the same NG, it still persists in telling me the NG doesn't exist. I'm now
    talking to Corel.

  4. Re: Corel's cnews.corel.com NGs Have Disappeared

    W. Watson wrote:
    > John Doue wrote:
    >> W. Watson wrote:
    >>> Something is amiss. Others have reported they are there.
    >>> PaintshopProXI, and
    >>> others all show no entries when I try to re-subscribe. I'm using SM
    >>> 1.1. The
    >>> problem occurred yesterday around noon.

    >> I can confirm they are still there. I suggest you unsuscribe the
    >> absentee newsgroup, go to subscribe, refresh and renew your subscription.
    >>

    > I've tried that several times. It doesn't work.
    >
    > Something is really screwy here. I just went to the Corel web site where
    > they allow one to subscribe to their newsgroups. I selected a NG, and it
    > put up the usual messages, that the NG doesn't exit and would I like to
    > unsubscribe; however, I said Cancel. Amazingly, the NG appeared like any
    > NG would in my SM e-mail message area. If I go to the cnews.corel.com
    > list for the same NG, it still persists in telling me the NG doesn't
    > exist. I'm now talking to Corel.

    I'm beginning to wonder if I did something wrong to the NG folder itself.
    About two weeks ago, I re-organized the order of the NGs. It's been working
    fine though, and I've had no trouble with the cnews.corel.com NGs.

  5. Re: Corel's cnews.corel.com NGs Have Disappeared

    W. Watson wrote:
    > W. Watson wrote:
    >> John Doue wrote:
    >>> I can confirm they are still there. I suggest you unsuscribe the
    >>> absentee newsgroup, go to subscribe, refresh and renew your subscription.
    >>>

    >> I've tried that several times. It doesn't work.
    >>
    >> Something is really screwy here. I just went to the Corel web site where
    >> they allow one to subscribe to their newsgroups. I selected a NG, and it
    >> put up the usual messages, that the NG doesn't exit and would I like to
    >> unsubscribe; however, I said Cancel. Amazingly, the NG appeared like any
    >> NG would in my SM e-mail message area. If I go to the cnews.corel.com
    >> list for the same NG, it still persists in telling me the NG doesn't
    >> exist. I'm now talking to Corel.

    > I'm beginning to wonder if I did something wrong to the NG folder itself.
    > About two weeks ago, I re-organized the order of the NGs. It's been working
    > fine though, and I've had no trouble with the cnews.corel.com NGs.

    remove the entire server settings. Close SM, and remove any
    left over files from the News directory of the SM profile.
    Now reopen, redo the server settings, and resubscribe. Any
    luck now?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: Corel's cnews.corel.com NGs Have Disappeared

    John Doue wrote:
    > W. Watson wrote:
    >> Something is amiss. Others have reported they are there.
    >> PaintshopProXI, and
    >> others all show no entries when I try to re-subscribe. I'm using SM
    >> 1.1. The
    >> problem occurred yesterday around noon.

    > I can confirm they are still there. I suggest you unsuscribe the
    > absentee newsgroup, go to subscribe, refresh and renew your subscription.

    I had four newsgroups there, and unsubscribed from all of them. When I tried
    to resubscribe to any of them there were still no messages. Could you check
    the paintshopproXI NG to see if it has received a post from me today?

  7. Re: Corel's cnews.corel.com NGs Have Disappeared

    W. Watson wrote:
    > John Doue wrote:
    >> W. Watson wrote:
    >>> Something is amiss. Others have reported they are there.
    >>> PaintshopProXI, and
    >>> others all show no entries when I try to re-subscribe. I'm using SM
    >>> 1.1. The
    >>> problem occurred yesterday around noon.

    >> I can confirm they are still there. I suggest you unsuscribe the
    >> absentee newsgroup, go to subscribe, refresh and renew your subscription.
    >>

    > I had four newsgroups there, and unsubscribed from all of them. When I tried
    > to resubscribe to any of them there were still no messages. Could you check
    > the paintshopproXI NG to see if it has received a post from me today?

    did you follow my advice in a previous posting?

    and yes, I see your posting of today, and someone has
    replied, and YOU replied to that.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread