Hi all,

As you may already know, we have found that SeaMonkey 1.1.3 is
vulnerable to some nasty security exploits, e.g. through clicking a
mailto: link in a different browser when SeaMonkey is registered as the
default mail client.

To fix this and the problems listed in
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/secu...firefox2.0.0.6
we'll do a quite fast SeaMonkey 1.1.4 release including only those
security fixes.

We have candidate builds available at
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...didates-1.1.4/
and we hope we can get testing very fast so we can release ASAP.

Please help us testing those builds so we'll not see any unexpected
problems with SeaMonkey 1.1.4!

If you can do some smoketesting, please go to
and do a SeaMonkey 1.1 test run
(). For further
questions, stop by on IRC in #seamonkey, even though our QA head
ajschult is on vacation, there should be people around who know what
can/should/needs to be tested.

Thanks for your help,

Robert Kaiser
SeaMonkey Council member