Auto-save in draft while composing? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Auto-save in draft while composing? - Mozilla ; An interesting happening. While composing an e-mail I decided to do some web browsing looking up information to include in the e-mail. This was being done in with one of my accounts that attaches a digital signature to the e-mail. ...

  1. Auto-save in draft while composing?

    An interesting happening. While composing an e-mail I decided to do
    some web browsing looking up information to include in the e-mail. This
    was being done in with one of my accounts that attaches a digital
    signature to the e-mail.

    Every few minutes a small window would pop up asking for the password
    for the digital signature so that SM could save the e-mail as "Draft".

    I don't remember this every happening before 1.1.3. It's possible I
    never was doing the same thing before.

    Is this a new function? I can't find any reference to automatic backup
    to the "Draft" folder while composing.

    --
    Ed, W3BNR
    I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere!

  2. Re: Auto-save in draft while composing?

    On 08/02/2007 04:13 PM, BeeNeR wrote:
    > An interesting happening. While composing an e-mail I decided to do
    > some web browsing looking up information to include in the e-mail. This
    > was being done in with one of my accounts that attaches a digital
    > signature to the e-mail.
    >
    > Every few minutes a small window would pop up asking for the password
    > for the digital signature so that SM could save the e-mail as "Draft".
    >
    > I don't remember this every happening before 1.1.3. It's possible I
    > never was doing the same thing before.
    >
    > Is this a new function? I can't find any reference to automatic backup
    > to the "Draft" folder while composing.

    Edit|Preferences|Mail & Newsgroups|Composition
    Uncheck "Automatically save..."

  3. Re: Auto-save in draft while composing?

    NoOp wrote:
    > On 08/02/2007 04:13 PM, BeeNeR wrote:
    >> An interesting happening. While composing an e-mail I decided to do
    >> some web browsing looking up information to include in the e-mail. This
    >> was being done in with one of my accounts that attaches a digital
    >> signature to the e-mail.
    >>
    >> Every few minutes a small window would pop up asking for the password
    >> for the digital signature so that SM could save the e-mail as "Draft".
    >>
    >> I don't remember this every happening before 1.1.3. It's possible I
    >> never was doing the same thing before.
    >>
    >> Is this a new function? I can't find any reference to automatic backup
    >> to the "Draft" folder while composing.
    >>

    > Edit|Preferences|Mail & Newsgroups|Composition
    > Uncheck "Automatically save..."

    Hmmm. Must have unchecked that many versions ago on Mozilla Suite.
    Somehow it got checked. Forgot about that option. Must have missed it
    on the search function of the help file when I looked.

    Thanks - it's hell to get old.

    --
    Ed, W3BNR
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to BUY her friends?

+ Reply to Thread