HTML Tidy help - Mozilla

This is a discussion on HTML Tidy help - Mozilla ; What is the best way to use Tidy in combo with SeaMonkey/Composer to correct my own webpages? There is no "Save As" option with the Cleaned Up version. Composer does not allow you to change the !DOCTYPE line so you ...

  1. HTML Tidy help

    What is the best way to use Tidy in combo with SeaMonkey/Composer to
    correct my own webpages? There is no "Save As" option with the Cleaned
    Up version.

    Composer does not allow you to change the !DOCTYPE line so you cannot
    copy and paste to Composer Source.

    Is copy and paste to NotePad the only option?

    Should I be using another HTML editor?

    Thanks,
    Steve
    --
    Steve Bottorff
    www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com

  2. Re: HTML Tidy help

    Steve B. wrote:
    > What is the best way to use Tidy in combo with SeaMonkey/Composer to
    > correct my own webpages? There is no "Save As" option with the Cleaned
    > Up version.
    >
    > Composer does not allow you to change the !DOCTYPE line so you cannot
    > copy and paste to Composer Source.
    >
    > Is copy and paste to NotePad the only option?
    >
    > Should I be using another HTML editor?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

    The "HTML Validator" extension works well with SeaMonkey (even with the 2.0
    pre-alpha1 version, though that requires a version compatibility override). It
    can correct the most obvious things ("warnings"), but not everything.

    To correct what that extension cannot correct itself, load the page in any
    plaintext editor: Word is not OK because it doesn't use plaintext; Notepad is
    OK if rather elementary; I prefer gvim, which exists for many platforms; see
    http://www.vim.org/ in general and
    https://sourceforge.net/project/show...ckage_id=39721
    for a self-installing Windows version. One advantage of gvim is its extremely
    complete built-in help system.

    If the page is located locally on your computer, or if you can download and
    upload it using (for instance) FTP, there's no need for copy-paste: you can
    edit the file directly on your hard disk. With gvim, you can even edit it
    remotely.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    "In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the
    universe."

  3. Re: HTML Tidy help

    Steve B. wrote:
    > What is the best way to use Tidy in combo with SeaMonkey/Composer to
    > correct my own webpages? There is no "Save As" option with the Cleaned
    > Up version.
    >
    > Composer does not allow you to change the !DOCTYPE line so you cannot
    > copy and paste to Composer Source.
    >
    > Is copy and paste to NotePad the only option?
    >
    > Should I be using another HTML editor?

    I use NoteTab, which is like The Incredible 50-Foot NotePad . Multiple
    windows, clips (macros), all kinds of features. It comes in different
    varieties. There are Yahoogroups mailing lists that help with the usage.

    http://www.fookes.com

    B/

+ Reply to Thread