Does Real Player work with any version... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Does Real Player work with any version... - Mozilla ; ..... of Seamonkey, for anyone here? I really don't want it, but apparently I have to use it to view CBS InnerTube shows. My laptop came with Version 8 which I had not registered before, and since 10.5 was required ...

  1. Does Real Player work with any version...

    ..... of Seamonkey, for anyone here?

    I really don't want it, but apparently I have to use it to view CBS
    InnerTube shows.

    My laptop came with Version 8 which I had not registered before, and
    since 10.5 was required [at CBS] I updated when requested. Obviously, I
    should have UNinstalled RP 8 first, instead of updating. RP8 appears to
    be gone... but 10.5 is not working.

    Before I try to remove ALL traces of RP and start over, I thought I
    would ask if this is wasted effort, and I should give up and try to make
    Firefox work with it. Is there anyone using RP successfully, and with
    which version of SeaMonkey? TIA...
    bj

  2. Re: Does Real Player work with any version...

    chicagofan wrote:
    > .... of Seamonkey, for anyone here?
    >
    > I really don't want it, but apparently I have to use it to view CBS
    > InnerTube shows.
    >
    > My laptop came with Version 8 which I had not registered before, and
    > since 10.5 was required [at CBS] I updated when requested. Obviously, I
    > should have UNinstalled RP 8 first, instead of updating. RP8 appears to
    > be gone... but 10.5 is not working.
    >
    > Before I try to remove ALL traces of RP and start over, I thought I
    > would ask if this is wasted effort, and I should give up and try to make
    > Firefox work with it. Is there anyone using RP successfully, and with
    > which version of SeaMonkey? TIA...
    > bj

    it works for me without any problems. Perhaps you could
    post a link to a site where you're having problems. Maybe
    someone can see whats going on.

    Anyways, an option is I would suggest RealAlternative and
    see JDs message for where to find it.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Does Real Player work with any version...

    chicagofan wrote:
    > .... of Seamonkey, for anyone here?
    >
    > I really don't want it, but apparently I have to use it to view CBS
    > InnerTube shows.
    >
    > My laptop came with Version 8 which I had not registered before, and
    > since 10.5 was required [at CBS] I updated when requested. Obviously, I
    > should have UNinstalled RP 8 first, instead of updating. RP8 appears to
    > be gone... but 10.5 is not working.
    >
    > Before I try to remove ALL traces of RP and start over, I thought I
    > would ask if this is wasted effort, and I should give up and try to make
    > Firefox work with it. Is there anyone using RP successfully, and with
    > which version of SeaMonkey? TIA...
    > bj

    Try Real Alternative:

    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

    --
    JD..

  4. Re: Does Real Player work with any version...

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > chicagofan wrote:
    >> .... of Seamonkey, for anyone here?
    >>
    >> I really don't want it, but apparently I have to use it to view CBS
    >> InnerTube shows.
    >>
    >> My laptop came with Version 8 which I had not registered before, and
    >> since 10.5 was required [at CBS] I updated when requested.
    >> Obviously, I should have UNinstalled RP 8 first, instead of
    >> updating. RP8 appears to be gone... but 10.5 is not working.
    >>
    >> Before I try to remove ALL traces of RP and start over, I thought I
    >> would ask if this is wasted effort, and I should give up and try to
    >> make Firefox work with it. Is there anyone using RP successfully,
    >> and with which version of SeaMonkey? TIA...
    >> bj

    > it works for me without any problems. Perhaps you could
    > post a link to a site where you're having problems. Maybe
    > someone can see whats going on.
    >
    > Anyways, an option is I would suggest RealAlternative and
    > see JDs message for where to find it.

    As good as RP Alt. is, if the videos chicagofan wants to view are embedded
    videos, he likely will have to install Real Player to view them,
    unfortunately.

  5. Re: Does Real Player work with any version...

    /Roger Fink/ said:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> chicagofan wrote:
    >>> .... of Seamonkey, for anyone here?
    >>>
    >>> I really don't want it, but apparently I have to use it to view CBS
    >>> InnerTube shows.
    >>>
    >>> My laptop came with Version 8 which I had not registered before, and
    >>> since 10.5 was required [at CBS] I updated when requested.
    >>> Obviously, I should have UNinstalled RP 8 first, instead of
    >>> updating. RP8 appears to be gone... but 10.5 is not working.
    >>>
    >>> Before I try to remove ALL traces of RP and start over, I thought I
    >>> would ask if this is wasted effort, and I should give up and try to
    >>> make Firefox work with it. Is there anyone using RP successfully,
    >>> and with which version of SeaMonkey? TIA...
    >>> bj

    >> it works for me without any problems. Perhaps you could
    >> post a link to a site where you're having problems. Maybe
    >> someone can see whats going on.
    >>
    >> Anyways, an option is I would suggest RealAlternative and
    >> see JDs message for where to find it.

    > As good as RP Alt. is, if the videos chicagofan wants to view are embedded
    > videos, he likely will have to install Real Player to view them,
    > unfortunately.

    Real Alternative is playing CSI from CBS InnurTube as I write this.

  6. Re: Does Real Player work with any version...

    hb wrote:
    > /Roger Fink/ said:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> it works for me without any problems. Perhaps you could
    >>> post a link to a site where you're having problems. Maybe
    >>> someone can see whats going on.
    >>>
    >>> Anyways, an option is I would suggest RealAlternative and
    >>> see JDs message for where to find it.

    >> As good as RP Alt. is, if the videos chicagofan wants to view are
    >> embedded videos, he likely will have to install Real Player to view
    >> them, unfortunately.

    > Real Alternative is playing CSI from CBS InnurTube as I write this.

    Glad to hear it.

  7. Re: Does Real Player work with any version...

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > chicagofan wrote:
    >> .... of Seamonkey, for anyone here?
    >>
    >> I really don't want it, but apparently I have to use it to view CBS
    >> InnerTube shows.
    >>
    >> My laptop came with Version 8 which I had not registered before, and
    >> since 10.5 was required [at CBS] I updated when requested. Obviously, I
    >> should have UNinstalled RP 8 first, instead of updating. RP8 appears to
    >> be gone... but 10.5 is not working.
    >>
    >> Before I try to remove ALL traces of RP and start over, I thought I
    >> would ask if this is wasted effort, and I should give up and try to make
    >> Firefox work with it. Is there anyone using RP successfully, and with
    >> which version of SeaMonkey? TIA...
    >> bj

    > it works for me without any problems. Perhaps you could
    > post a link to a site where you're having problems. Maybe
    > someone can see whats going on.
    >
    > Anyways, an option is I would suggest RealAlternative and
    > see JDs message for where to find it.

    I tried to post [several times] a nppl3260.dll file. This
    is supposed to fix the problem that RP has with playing
    certain RP files. But the server is blocking the posts. I
    even changed the file to nppl3260.html, but it still won't
    post. So I've all but given up. I've uploaded the file to
    rapidshare:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/41761542/nppl3260.dll.html.
    Maybe this might help. Its worth a try.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  8. Re: Does Real Player work with any version...

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > chicagofan wrote:
    >> .... of Seamonkey, for anyone here?
    >>
    >> Before I try to remove ALL traces of RP and start over, I thought I
    >> would ask if this is wasted effort, and I should give up and try to
    >> make Firefox work with it. Is there anyone using RP successfully, and
    >> with which version of SeaMonkey? TIA...
    >> bj

    > it works for me without any problems. Perhaps you could post a link to
    > a site where you're having problems. Maybe someone can see whats going on.

    This is really *weird*, after 2 days of nothing loading... after I hit
    play, and the cursor being off by 4 lines, when I wanted to choose a
    show on InnerTube's listings... when I tried it again after posting
    here... one out of 2 tries worked. So I thought I would wait until
    today and try some more shows, before I replied to everyone.

    So today, I have tried previews and full shows, and they BOTH have
    worked! Honestly, ALL I have done since the I posted about this problem
    was *look* at the plugin folders I have [for SM and Firefox], expecting
    to have to discuss them here, to see what I was missing.

    I was pretty sure I had restarted after installing RP, but maybe I
    hadn't and that was part of the problem *before*. Have any of you ever
    seen the highlighted text... not lining up with the cursor? I haven't.

    Anyway, for now it is working, and I "appreciate" all the replies. I
    liked the Real Alternative when I used it on my other pc. Thanks for
    reminding me of it, JD, and the other file offer if needed, Peter.
    bj

    > Anyways, an option is I would suggest RealAlternative and see JDs
    > message for where to find it.

  9. Re: Does Real Player work with any version...

    On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 20:02:03 -0400, chicagofan wrote:

    > So today, I have tried previews and full shows, and they BOTH have
    > worked! Honestly, ALL I have done since the I posted about this problem
    > was *look* at the plugin folders I have [for SM and Firefox], expecting
    > to have to discuss them here, to see what I was missing.

    Opening the aboutlugins settings automatically forces SeaMonkey to
    rescan and update the list of available plugins.

    Phil
    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]USER FRIENDLY - Guaranteed to be the hardest program to learn and use

  10. Re: Does Real Player work with any version...

    Philip Chee wrote:
    > On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 20:02:03 -0400, chicagofan wrote:
    >
    >> So today, I have tried previews and full shows, and they BOTH have
    >> worked! Honestly, ALL I have done since the I posted about this problem
    >> was *look* at the plugin folders I have [for SM and Firefox], expecting
    >> to have to discuss them here, to see what I was missing.

    > Opening the aboutlugins settings automatically forces SeaMonkey to
    > rescan and update the list of available plugins.
    >
    > Phil

    in the config editor look for this entry:

    plugin.expose_full_path

    once found, double click on it and change it to true. Now,
    this will tell you the exact path where the plugin is being
    found.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  11. Re: Does Real Player work with any version...

    Philip Chee wrote:
    > On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 20:02:03 -0400, chicagofan wrote:
    >
    >> So today, I have tried previews and full shows, and they BOTH have
    >> worked! Honestly, ALL I have done since the I posted about this problem
    >> was *look* at the plugin folders I have [for SM and Firefox], expecting
    >> to have to discuss them here, to see what I was missing.

    > Opening the aboutlugins settings automatically forces SeaMonkey to
    > rescan and update the list of available plugins.
    >
    > Phil

    Ahh... that must be what happened. I did both, looked in Windows
    Explorer at the plug in folders for SM and FF, after checking plugins
    within SM "about". [Was wondering if there was a difference between
    those 2 programs that was causing my problem.] I was getting ready to
    dump FF.

    I think you've solved the mystery, thanks Phil!
    bj

+ Reply to Thread