Frame resizing extension - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Frame resizing extension - Mozilla ; I used to have an extension for the Mozilla Suite that allowed resizing of any frame. I cannot seem to find such an extension for SeaMonkey. Is there one? Thanks, Steve -- Steve Bottorff www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com Remove REMOVE from address when ...

  1. Frame resizing extension

    --
    Steve Bottorff
    www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com
    Remove REMOVE from address when replying

  2. Re: Frame resizing extension

    On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 18:40:16 -0400, Steve B. wrote:

    > I used to have an extension for the Mozilla Suite that allowed resizing
    > of any frame. I cannot seem to find such an extension for SeaMonkey.
    > Is there one?

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]If plugging it in doesn't help, turn it on.

  3. Re: Frame resizing extension

    Philip Chee wrote:

    > Phil

    That did not work, and it messed up my profile so that items are missing
    from my menu bar. How do I uninstall it?

    --
    Steve Bottorff
    www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com
    Remove REMOVE from address when replying

  4. Re: Frame resizing extension

    Steve B. wrote:

    > Philip Chee wrote:
    >>

    >> Phil
    >>

    > That did not work, and it messed up my profile so that items are missing
    > from my menu bar. How do I uninstall it?

    did you also install the xsidebar extension?

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: Frame resizing extension

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > did you also install the xsidebar extension?

    Whoops, sorry, missed that. The extension I used before, probably with
    Mozilla Suite, was a single step installation.

    Steve
    --
    Steve Bottorff
    www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com
    Remove REMOVE from address when replying

  6. Re: Frame resizing extension

    Steve B. wrote:

    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> did you also install the xsidebar extension?
    >>

    > Whoops, sorry, missed that. The extension I used before, probably with
    > Mozilla Suite, was a single step installation.
    >
    > Steve

    for future reference: anything you find on Phil Chee's site:
    http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html, chances are
    you also need to install xsidebar. Phil has taken a lot of
    FF/TB extensions and ported them over to SM [and a big
    thanks goes to him for doing this]. In order for them to
    run properly, you also need xsidebar installed.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  7. Re: Frame resizing extension

    On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 16:52:05 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > for future reference: anything you find on Phil Chee's site:
    > http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html, chances are
    > you also need to install xsidebar. Phil has taken a lot of
    > FF/TB extensions and ported them over to SM [and a big
    > thanks goes to him for doing this]. In order for them to
    > run properly, you also need xsidebar installed.

    Actually resize text areas is a very small extension and doesn't use any
    firefox specific features so in this particular instance you don't need
    xSidebar (not too sure about resizable form and text areas though since
    it's a more complicated extension based on the original resizeTA).

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]In a fit of confusion, Spock uses Scotty as toilet tissue

  8. Re: Frame resizing extension

    On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 21:14:11 +0800, Philip Chee wrote:

    > Actually resize text areas is a very small extension and doesn't use any
    > firefox specific features so in this particular instance you don't need
    > xSidebar (not too sure about resizable form and text areas though since
    > it's a more complicated extension based on the original resizeTA).

    I've just checked all the variant of this extension on my website. None
    of them touch the chrome at all. So none of them should affect your
    menus or anything else.

    Phil
    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]Sure, drinking kills brain cells, but only the weak ones.

  9. Re: Frame resizing extension

    Philip Chee wrote:
    > On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 21:14:11 +0800, Philip Chee wrote:
    >
    >> Actually resize text areas is a very small extension and doesn't use any
    >> firefox specific features so in this particular instance you don't need
    >> xSidebar (not too sure about resizable form and text areas though since
    >> it's a more complicated extension based on the original resizeTA).

    > I've just checked all the variant of this extension on my website. None
    > of them touch the chrome at all. So none of them should affect your
    > menus or anything else.
    >
    > Phil

    Ok, thanks for this info.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  10. Re: Frame resizing extension

    I know this is an old post but I found the answer and want to share it.
    It was not a extension after all, but a preference changeable under
    the about:config interface. Enter "about:config" in the address box and
    hit Enter. Scroll down to layout.frames.force_resizability and double
    click it to toggle preference to True.

    Lots of other tricks here. From chapter 6 of FireFox Secrets. Works in
    SeaMonkey as well.

    Steve

    --
    Steve Bottorff
    www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com
    Remove REMOVE from address when replying

  11. Re: Frame resizing extension

    Steve B. wrote:
    > Lots of other tricks here. From chapter 6 of FireFox Secrets. Works in
    > SeaMonkey as well.

    where?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  12. Re: Frame resizing extension

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > where?

    In the About:config interface. Enter "about:config" in the address box
    and hit Enter. Hundreds of preferences that can be changed. Some are
    explained in FoxFire Secrets, Chapter 6. Other sources of information
    are www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit and
    preferential.mozdev.org/preferences.html

    --
    Steve Bottorff
    www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com
    Remove REMOVE from address when replying

  13. Re: Frame resizing extension

    Steve B. wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> where?
    >>

    > In the About:config interface. Enter "about:config" in the address box
    > and hit Enter. Hundreds of preferences that can be changed. Some are
    > explained in FoxFire Secrets, Chapter 6. Other sources of information
    > are www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit and
    > preferential.mozdev.org/preferences.html

    you snipped out the part I was asking about: "FoxFire"
    Secrets -- where did you find this? At a bookstore?
    Somewhere else?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  14. Re: Frame resizing extension

    Firefox Secrets
    by Cheah Chu Yeow
    Publisher: SitePoint
    Pub Date: June 2005
    Print ISBN-10: 0-9752402-4-2
    Print ISBN-13: 978-0-97-524024-3
    Pages: 297

    With your expertise you should get on O'Reilly's reviewer list. I got a
    free copy to review in 2005

    Steve

  15. Re: Frame resizing extension

    Steve B. wrote:
    > Firefox Secrets
    > by Cheah Chu Yeow
    > Publisher: SitePoint
    > Pub Date: June 2005
    > Print ISBN-10: 0-9752402-4-2
    > Print ISBN-13: 978-0-97-524024-3
    > Pages: 297

    thanks. But now . . .

    > With your expertise you should get on O'Reilly's reviewer list. I got a
    > free copy to review in 2005
    >
    > Steve

    who the hell is O'Reilly and whats this list about?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  16. Re: Frame resizing extension

    --> http://www.oreilly.com/

    --
    Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
    - MultiZilla Project Team Lead

  17. Re: Frame resizing extension

    Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Steve B. wrote:
    >>> Firefox Secrets
    >>> by Cheah Chu Yeow
    >>> Publisher: SitePoint
    >>> Pub Date: June 2005
    >>> Print ISBN-10: 0-9752402-4-2
    >>> Print ISBN-13: 978-0-97-524024-3
    >>> Pages: 297

    >> thanks. But now . . .
    >>
    >>> With your expertise you should get on O'Reilly's reviewer list. I got
    >>> a free copy to review in 2005
    >>>
    >>> Steve

    >> who the hell is O'Reilly and whats this list about?

    > --> http://www.oreilly.com/

    gotcha, thanks

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  18. Re: Frame resizing extension

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Steve B. wrote:
    >> Firefox Secrets
    >> by Cheah Chu Yeow
    >> Publisher: SitePoint
    >> Pub Date: June 2005
    >> Print ISBN-10: 0-9752402-4-2
    >> Print ISBN-13: 978-0-97-524024-3
    >> Pages: 297

    > thanks. But now . . .
    >
    >> With your expertise you should get on O'Reilly's reviewer list. I got
    >> a free copy to review in 2005
    >>
    >> Steve

    > who the hell is O'Reilly and whats this list about?

    Peter, you never heard of O'Reilly books? Some of the best computer
    books available. I also like Sams, they think the way I do.

    --
    Bill Davidsen

  19. Re: Frame resizing extension

    Bill Davidsen wrote:
    > Peter, you never heard of O'Reilly books? Some of the best computer
    > books available.

    no!

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm