Transfer bookmarks & mail accounts from SM1.0.7 to 1.1.2 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Transfer bookmarks & mail accounts from SM1.0.7 to 1.1.2 - Mozilla ; Hi, I need some advise and help on transferring bookmarks and mail accounts from SM 1.0.7 to 1.1.2. The situation: I replaced/upgraded my computer mother board AND upgraded from WIN 2K PRO to WIN XP PRO. The hardware motherboard replace ...

  1. Transfer bookmarks & mail accounts from SM1.0.7 to 1.1.2

    Hi,

    I need some advise and help on transferring bookmarks and mail
    accounts from SM 1.0.7 to 1.1.2.

    The situation: I replaced/upgraded my computer mother board AND
    upgraded from WIN 2K PRO to WIN XP PRO. The hardware motherboard
    replace caused the SM 1.0.7 not to start. All the SM files and
    profiles are present. I assume the mail accounts are present, I do
    not know where they are located. I had three separate mail accounts on
    SM 1.0.7

    What I have done: Downloaded the complete SM 1.1.2 file to a separate
    folder and did a new install and set up a new SM mail account. I am
    using the same mail provider, COMCAST, with SM 1.1.2 as with SM
    1.0.7. The new SM 1.1.2 account set up with no problem and I can send
    and receive e-mail.

    What I need to do:

    SM 1.0.7 bookmarks ---- How can I transfer the books marks located
    in the SM1.0.7 to SM 1.1.2?

    Mail Accounts: In SM 1.0.7, when I accessed the mail function there
    were 4 different mail accounts to view + the Local Folders.
    Now in SM 1.1.2 there is one mail account ---- the new one I set up +
    the Local folders.

    I would like to show the 4 mail accounts from SM 1.0.7, so I can read
    and reference the received and sent e-mails, in the SM1.1.2 mail
    accounts screen.

    How can I transfer/ show the SM 1.0.7 mail accounts in the SM 1.1.2
    mail accounts screen?

    Thanks, krazykat.

  2. Re: Transfer bookmarks & mail accounts from SM1.0.7 to 1.1.2

    krazykat wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need some advise and help on transferring bookmarks and mail
    > accounts from SM 1.0.7 to 1.1.2.
    >
    > The situation: I replaced/upgraded my computer mother board AND
    > upgraded from WIN 2K PRO to WIN XP PRO. The hardware motherboard
    > replace caused the SM 1.0.7 not to start. All the SM files and
    > profiles are present. I assume the mail accounts are present, I do
    > not know where they are located. I had three separate mail accounts on
    > SM 1.0.7
    >
    > What I have done: Downloaded the complete SM 1.1.2 file to a separate
    > folder and did a new install and set up a new SM mail account. I am
    > using the same mail provider, COMCAST, with SM 1.1.2 as with SM
    > 1.0.7. The new SM 1.1.2 account set up with no problem and I can send
    > and receive e-mail.
    >
    > What I need to do:
    >
    > SM 1.0.7 bookmarks ---- How can I transfer the books marks located
    > in the SM1.0.7 to SM 1.1.2?
    >
    > Mail Accounts: In SM 1.0.7, when I accessed the mail function there
    > were 4 different mail accounts to view + the Local Folders.
    > Now in SM 1.1.2 there is one mail account ---- the new one I set up +
    > the Local folders.
    >
    > I would like to show the 4 mail accounts from SM 1.0.7, so I can read
    > and reference the received and sent e-mails, in the SM1.1.2 mail
    > accounts screen.
    >
    > How can I transfer/ show the SM 1.0.7 mail accounts in the SM 1.1.2
    > mail accounts screen?
    >
    > Thanks, krazykat.

    So, let me get this straight. You have access to the old profile.
    Correct? If so, then let SM find it and use it. Close SM, then click on
    the Windows Start button, then Run and enter:

    seamonkey.exe -p

    this will bring up the SM profile manager. Now use that and locate your
    old profile.

    To find the location of the profiles you can read this:
    http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#locations

    and since you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

    --
    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. And only
    click on the Reply button, not the Reply All one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Transfer bookmarks & mail accounts from SM1.0.7 to 1.1.2

    On Jul 4, 9:27 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote:
    > krazykatwrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I need some advise and help on transferring bookmarks and mail
    > > accounts from SM 1.0.7 to 1.1.2.

    > > The situation: I replaced/upgraded my computer mother board AND
    > > upgraded from WIN 2K PRO to WIN XP PRO. The hardware motherboard
    > > replace caused the SM 1.0.7 not to start. All the SM files and
    > > profiles are present. I assume the mail accounts are present, I do
    > > not know where they are located. I had three separate mail accounts on
    > > SM 1.0.7

    > > What I have done: Downloaded the complete SM 1.1.2 file to a separate
    > > folder and did a new install and set up a new SM mail account. I am
    > > using the same mail provider, COMCAST, with SM 1.1.2 as with SM
    > > 1.0.7. The new SM 1.1.2 account set up with no problem and I can send
    > > and receive e-mail.

    > > What I need to do:

    > > SM 1.0.7 bookmarks ---- How can I transfer the books marks located
    > > in the SM1.0.7 to SM 1.1.2?

    > > Mail Accounts: In SM 1.0.7, when I accessed the mail function there
    > > were 4 different mail accounts to view + the Local Folders.
    > > Now in SM 1.1.2 there is one mail account ---- the new one I set up +
    > > the Local folders.

    > > I would like to show the 4 mail accounts from SM 1.0.7, so I can read
    > > and reference the received and sent e-mails, in the SM1.1.2 mail
    > > accounts screen.

    > > How can I transfer/ show the SM 1.0.7 mail accounts in the SM 1.1.2
    > > mail accounts screen?

    > > Thanks,krazykat.

    > So, let me get this straight. You have access to the old profile.
    > Correct? If so, then let SM find it and use it. Close SM, then click on
    > the Windows Start button, then Run and enter:
    >
    > seamonkey.exe -p
    >
    > this will bring up the SM profile manager. Now use that and locate your
    > old profile.
    >
    > To find the location of the profiles you can read this:http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#locations
    >
    > and since you're using windows, then you must read this first:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u.../learnmore/tip...
    >
    > --
    > Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. And only
    > click on the Reply button, not the Reply All one. Thanks!
    >
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    July 7, 2007

    Peter,

    First, THANKS!! For the reply and links to the seamonkey.ilias.ca/
    profilefaq. I believe I have "found" my missing profiles. I need
    some advise on moving all my profiles to one place where SeaMonkey
    will see all of them.

    (This text is from a WORD document with screenshots. I can e-mail you
    the full WORD document if you will send me an address. I think you can
    use the "reply to author" to send directly to me, or you can OK
    sending to http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm )

    This is a rather long explanation of what I found. Bottom of page 4,
    list what I would like to do.

    Let me show you what I have done. Following your instructions, here
    is the SeaMonkey opening screen in response to the RUN ---
    seamonkey.exe -p command. I do not know why the profile name is
    "default"; I thought I named it at set up. Changing the name is
    straight forward.

    Selecting "Start SeaMonkey" open SeaMonkey to the profile I set up
    with the new XP OS install.

    Here is a screenshot of the e-mail opening page. Note on the left
    hand pane there is a single e-mail inbox -- sbaggett4_XP(070407).

    Using the profile directory location information, here is the location
    of the "default" profile. I also made a screen shot of the
    directory.

    NOTE the two directories: "Sherman" and "Sherman.SHERMAN-RSON029"

    C\Documents and Settings\Sherman.SHERMAN-RS0N029\Application Data
    \Mozilla\Profiles\default\khz2513h.sl t

    Here is a an expansion of the "Sherman" directory. Note the 7 Profiles
    at the bottom of the screen shot. These are all of my "OLD" WIN 2K
    profiles. The profile "sbaggett4-1" is the most recent WIN 2k and
    would show several mail boxes in the e-mail opening screen.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Sherman\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles
    \sbaggett4-1\b7sj7g9u.slt

    Apparently, when I installed the XP operating system a new directory:

    C\Documents and Settings\Sherman.SHERMAN-RS0N029 .........

    was created and is used in place of the WIN 2K ,
    C\Documents and Settings\Sherman

    What I would like to do is have the three mail accounts

    "mail.comcast.net", "pop.west.cox-1.net" and "pop.west.cox.net" show
    up on the new XP opening mail screen. There are a lot of e-mail in
    those account I need to access for reference (the e-mail accounts are
    no longer active, I just need access to the sent and received e-mails)

    So, is there a way to do this?

  4. Re: Transfer bookmarks & mail accounts from SM1.0.7 to 1.1.2

    krazykat wrote:
> [...]

    > at the bottom of the screen shot. These are all of my "OLD" WIN 2K
    > profiles. The profile "sbaggett4-1" is the most recent WIN 2k and
    > would show several mail boxes in the e-mail opening screen.
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Sherman\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles
    > \sbaggett4-1\b7sj7g9u.slt
    >
    > Apparently, when I installed the XP operating system a new directory:
    >
    > C\Documents and Settings\Sherman.SHERMAN-RS0N029 .........
    >
    > was created and is used in place of the WIN 2K ,
    > C\Documents and Settings\Sherman
    >
    > What I would like to do is have the three mail accounts
    >
    > "mail.comcast.net", "pop.west.cox-1.net" and "pop.west.cox.net" show
    > up on the new XP opening mail screen. There are a lot of e-mail in
    > those account I need to access for reference (the e-mail accounts are
    > no longer active, I just need access to the sent and received e-mails)

    sorry, but screen shots are not permitted in this newsgroup.
    You have to post them somewhere else [like
    http://imageshack.us] and put links in your postings.

    And no, don't send me anything to that toonopedia. Its not
    my site.

    In those accounts you listed above, just rename the inbox
    and sent to inbox-comcast and send-comcast, then inbox-cox-1
    and sent-cox-1, and inbox-cox and sent-cox. Also, rename
    any other files you may have that you don't want over
    written. Now, delete all the *.msf files. And whats left
    over, copy them to the Local Folders of the new profile. Do
    this with SM close. When you reopen SM, everything should
    show up.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread