SeaMonkey becomes unstable after idling overnight? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on SeaMonkey becomes unstable after idling overnight? - Mozilla ; Daniel wrote: > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote: >> Phillip Pi wrote: >>> On 7/6/2007 8:52 AM PT, Wayne Mery wrote: >>> >>>>>>> FYI from one of the crashes if it helps. >>>>>> please post talkback id, >>>>>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mozilla_Su...AQs_:_Talkback ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 46 of 46

  1. Re: Off Topic was Re: SeaMonkey becomes unstable after idlingovernight?

    Daniel wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Phillip Pi wrote:

    >>> Are those trunks stable enough these days? I don't want to be using a
    >>> super buggy product. I do have to use it for hours and days to
    >>> reproduce it. Basically, is it safe to use on my production system and
    >>> use with the current extensions I have?

    >> hey, the current release of SM can be a "super buggy product."
    >>

    > Peter, are you implying that SM is a super product that can be buggy, or
    > are you implying that SM is an extremely buggy product??
    >
    > In either case, I don't think the SM Council would be impressed!
    >
    > Daniel

    the best of products can be buggy whether its the final
    version or whatever.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  2. Re: Off Topic was Re: SeaMonkey becomes unstable after idlingovernight?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> hey, the current release of SM can be a "super buggy product."
    >>>

    >> Peter, are you implying that SM is a super product that can be buggy,
    >> or are you implying that SM is an extremely buggy product??
    >>
    >> In either case, I don't think the SM Council would be impressed!
    >>
    >> Daniel

    > the best of products can be buggy whether its the final version or
    > whatever.

    But, in that case, it's usually just because the bug had not been found
    yet! Just look at the various Windows bugs that only get found in the
    wide world.

    Daniel

  3. Re: SeaMonkey becomes unstable after idling overnight?

    Phillip Pi wrote:
    > On 7/4/2007 7:33 PM PT, Wayne Mery wrote:
    >
    >> On 7/4/2007 5:27 PM, Ant wrote:
    >>> FYI from one of the crashes if it helps.

    >> please post talkback id,
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mozilla_Su...AQs_:_Talkback

    > Stable SeaMonkey don't come with TalkBack. See
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...%26rnum%3D7%26
    > or http://tinyurl.com/yt5veq ...

    Talkback never worked right on Mac Platform actually causes crashes.

  4. Re: Off Topic was Re: SeaMonkey becomes unstable after idlingovernight?

    Daniel wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Phillip Pi wrote:

    >>> Are those trunks stable enough these days? I don't want to be using a
    >>> super buggy product. I do have to use it for hours and days to
    >>> reproduce it. Basically, is it safe to use on my production system
    >>> and use with the current extensions I have?

    >> hey, the current release of SM can be a "super buggy product."
    >>

    > Peter, are you implying that SM is a super product that can be buggy, or
    > are you implying that SM is an extremely buggy product??
    >
    > In either case, I don't think the SM Council would be impressed!
    >
    > Daniel

    SeaMonkey has its warts. On the Mac side the Save As... command does
    work as it should. using the short cut key Combo Option-S the first time
    works the second time you hit it is supposed to save the file (or item).
    It doesn't the window dismisses for split second and bounces back. and
    nothing is saved.

    I've posted a bug on it. The last comment on the bug was that yes it was
    and was broken widget. After that point nothing has been fixed.
    Something was said it might be fixed on the next major version release.

    But despite this I still wouldn't use anything else including FF/TB
    unless I have to.

    Phillip M. Jones, CET mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! http://www.vpea.org

  5. Re: Off Topic was Re: SeaMonkey becomes unstable after idlingovernight?

    Daniel wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Daniel wrote:

    >>> Peter, are you implying that SM is a super product that can be buggy,
    >>> or are you implying that SM is an extremely buggy product??
    >>>
    >>> In either case, I don't think the SM Council would be impressed!
    >>>
    >>> Daniel

    >> the best of products can be buggy whether its the final version or
    >> whatever.
    >>

    > But, in that case, it's usually just because the bug had not been found
    > yet! Just look at the various Windows bugs that only get found in the
    > wide world.
    >
    > Daniel

    as as described in a previous post; either, a Lack of interest, or a
    lack of personnel to fix.

    Phillip M. Jones, CET mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! http://www.vpea.org

  6. Re: SeaMonkey becomes unstable after idling overnight?

    On 7/6/2007 4:11 PM, Phillip Pi wrote:

    >>> Stable SeaMonkey don't come with TalkBack.

    >> true - I am referring to trunk.
    >> Which IMO is the only build worth testing for this problem.

    > Are those trunks stable enough these days? I don't want to be using a
    > super buggy product. I do have to use it for hours and days to reproduce
    > it. Basically, is it safe to use on my production system and use with
    > the current extensions I have?

    As a general rule I find trunk to be a stable operating environment, but
    it does go through periods of minor to major instability - you just
    stick with one that looks good.

    However, in the present context I suppose it really comes down to what
    you want more - a solution to the problem, or 100% safety with all your
    extensions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3