Usenet Message Filter problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Usenet Message Filter problem - Mozilla ; On my Usenet server account, I have 48 filters set up, 47 using the sender and one using "Subject Contains". In this last one, which I set up on Friday or Saturday, I've set it up for one of the ...

  1. Usenet Message Filter problem

    On my Usenet server account, I have 48 filters set up, 47 using the
    sender and one using "Subject Contains".

    In this last one, which I set up on Friday or Saturday, I've set it up
    for one of the words that appears in the subject, not the first word,
    not the last word, just a word that appears in the subject. But the
    filter does not work.

    Has anyone got a filter that works on the "Subject Contains" field??

    Daniel

  2. Re: Usenet Message Filter problem

    Daniel wrote:
    > On my Usenet server account, I have 48 filters set up, 47 using the
    > sender and one using "Subject Contains".
    >
    > In this last one, which I set up on Friday or Saturday, I've set it up
    > for one of the words that appears in the subject, not the first word,
    > not the last word, just a word that appears in the subject. But the
    > filter does not work.
    >
    > Has anyone got a filter that works on the "Subject Contains" field??
    >
    > Daniel

    Do you mean in the latest release? If so, I'm not using it, but
    "subject" filters work fine in my version 1.1.
    bj

  3. Re: Usenet Message Filter problem

    Daniel wrote:
    > On my Usenet server account, I have 48 filters set up, 47 using the
    > sender and one using "Subject Contains".
    >
    > In this last one, which I set up on Friday or Saturday, I've set it up
    > for one of the words that appears in the subject, not the first word,
    > not the last word, just a word that appears in the subject. But the
    > filter does not work.
    >
    > Has anyone got a filter that works on the "Subject Contains" field??
    >
    > Daniel

    to my understanding, NEW filters don't work on messages already
    downloaded. They only work on NEW messages as they come in.

    --
    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. And only
    click on the Reply button, not the Reply All one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: Usenet Message Filter problem

    chicagofan wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> On my Usenet server account, I have 48 filters set up, 47 using the
    >> sender and one using "Subject Contains".
    >>
    >> In this last one, which I set up on Friday or Saturday, I've set it up
    >> for one of the words that appears in the subject, not the first word,
    >> not the last word, just a word that appears in the subject. But the
    >> filter does not work.
    >>
    >> Has anyone got a filter that works on the "Subject Contains" field??
    >>
    >> Daniel

    > Do you mean in the latest release? If so, I'm not using it, but
    > "subject" filters work fine in my version 1.1.
    > bj

    All the filters that I set up in SM 1.1 stayed when I installed SM 1.1.2
    where I filtered on the Author/Sender, this is the first time (in 1.1.2)
    I've tried filtering on Subject.

    Daniel

  5. Re: Usenet Message Filter problem

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> On my Usenet server account, I have 48 filters set up, 47 using the
    >> sender and one using "Subject Contains".
    >>
    >> In this last one, which I set up on Friday or Saturday, I've set it up
    >> for one of the words that appears in the subject, not the first word,
    >> not the last word, just a word that appears in the subject. But the
    >> filter does not work.
    >>
    >> Has anyone got a filter that works on the "Subject Contains" field??
    >>
    >> Daniel

    > to my understanding, NEW filters don't work on messages already
    > downloaded. They only work on NEW messages as they come in.

    And this is the case now.

    Normal situation, I open the Usenet list, and SM goes away and updates
    the listing of the unread and read messages. Then, as I go through the
    50-odd groups, if I see the same, spam, message showing up in several
    groups, I add it to my message filters.

    Used to be, I would set the filter to filter on the Author/Sender, but
    this time I set it to filter on the Subject.

    First time I've set a filter in SM 1.1.2
    First time I've set to filter on the Subject.
    Filter not working.

    Where's the error??

    Daniel

+ Reply to Thread