Problem with download manager... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problem with download manager... - Mozilla ; Does anyone use WebShots the web site for wallpaper photos, etc.? I can't set the download manager to automatically use the default application for those photos, which is .wbz. The option to set the auto download is greyed out. It ...

  1. Problem with download manager...

    Does anyone use WebShots the web site for wallpaper photos, etc.?

    I can't set the download manager to automatically use the default
    application for those photos, which is .wbz.

    The option to set the auto download is greyed out. It works on other
    applications, why not this one? I'm using SeaMonkey 1.1.

    What can I do about it? TIA...
    bj

  2. Re: Problem with download manager...

    chicagofan wrote
    > I can't set the download manager to automatically use the default
    > application for those photos, which is .wbz.

    File-extensions aren't interesting at all! Which MIME type is sent by
    the webserver? If the webserver delivers the file as
    "application/octet-stream", then the webserver asked the browser to save
    this file to somewhere

    > What can I do about it? TIA...

    If application/octet-stream is sent by the server, then you have to ask
    the webmaster to change this MIME type to something else, like
    "application/x-wbz"

    Manue

+ Reply to Thread