Plug-Ins - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Plug-Ins - Mozilla ; user@domain.inva lid wrote: > Can anyone provide directions on how to uninstall plug-ins I've tried > with SeaMonkey and do want to use any more? > > Mozilla's web page only addresses installation. > > Thank you. http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/uninstall.html...

  1. Re: Plug-Ins

    user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > Can anyone provide directions on how to uninstall plug-ins I've tried
    > with SeaMonkey and do want to use any more?
    >
    > Mozilla's web page only addresses installation.
    >
    > Thank you.

    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/uninstall.html

  2. Plug-Ins

    Can anyone provide directions on how to uninstall plug-ins I've tried
    with SeaMonkey and do want to use any more?

    Mozilla's web page only addresses installation.

    Thank you.

  3. Re: Plug-Ins

    Am 2007-04-27 06:37 schrieb user@domain.invalid:
    > Can anyone provide directions on how to uninstall plug-ins I've tried
    > with SeaMonkey and do want to use any more?
    >
    > Mozilla's web page only addresses installation.

    In case you're actually referring to extensions rather than plugins,
    it's a bit more complicated. Unlike Firefox and Thunderbird, SeaMonkey
    does not (yet) have an Extension Manager that makes uninstalling easy.
    Take a look at

    which describes some methods. For SeaMonkey, start reading from
    "Uninstalling in other versions".

    Greetings,

    Jens

    --
    Jens Hatlak
    SeaMonkey Trunk Tracker

  4. Re: Plug-Ins

    Jens Hatlak wrote:
    > Am 2007-04-27 06:37 schrieb user@domain.invalid:
    >> Can anyone provide directions on how to uninstall plug-ins I've tried
    >> with SeaMonkey and do want to use any more?
    >>
    >> Mozilla's web page only addresses installation.

    > In case you're actually referring to extensions rather than plugins,
    > it's a bit more complicated. Unlike Firefox and Thunderbird, SeaMonkey
    > does not (yet) have an Extension Manager that makes uninstalling easy.
    > Take a look at
    >
    > which describes some methods. For SeaMonkey, start reading from
    > "Uninstalling in other versions".
    >

    > Greetings,
    >
    > Jens

    There are a couple of extensions, "Extension Manager" and "Extension
    Uninstaller API", best used together, which make the process easier. They even
    allow saving the uninstalled extension for later reinstall. They do not offer
    automatic upgrade though, I guess we'll have to wait for suiterunner for that.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    Love does not make the world go around, just up and down a bit.

+ Reply to Thread