unusual postings - Mozilla

This is a discussion on unusual postings - Mozilla ; In the mozilla.test group, Rich Gray posted a test message. For me, in TB, the posting was place into its own thread. However, in SM, its been placed in a thread by Dino 20/04/07. Is this happening for anyone else? ...

  1. unusual postings

    In the mozilla.test group, Rich Gray posted a test message.
    For me, in TB, the posting was place into its own thread.
    However, in SM, its been placed in a thread by Dino
    20/04/07. Is this happening for anyone else? If so, then
    why the differences between the two programs?

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  2. Re: unusual postings

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > In the mozilla.test group, Rich Gray posted a test message. For me, in
    > TB, the posting was place into its own thread. However, in SM, its been
    > placed in a thread by Dino 20/04/07. Is this happening for anyone else?
    > If so, then why the differences between the two programs?

    I should add, its NOT test 2. Its his first test posting.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: unusual postings

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > In the mozilla.test group, Rich Gray posted a test message. For me, in
    > TB, the posting was place into its own thread. However, in SM, its been
    > placed in a thread by Dino 20/04/07. Is this happening for anyone else?
    > If so, then why the differences between the two programs?

    Threading happens both by message-ID and by Subject:
    In this case, it's because "test" is such a common subject name.

    FWIW, I subscribed with both SM (d/led 500 headers) and TB (d/led 100
    headers) and found the first poster in the "test" thread was different
    each time (and different to the posters you saw).

    Mark..

    --
    British English localisations of:
    SeaMonkey