Connection Timeout Value - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Connection Timeout Value - Mozilla ; I am getting connection timeouts contacting a remote POP server. How can I increase the timeout value? SeaMonkey 1.1.1...

  1. Connection Timeout Value

    I am getting connection timeouts contacting a remote POP server. How can
    I increase the timeout value?

    SeaMonkey 1.1.1

  2. Re: Connection Timeout Value

    Rob Steinmetz wrote:
    > I am getting connection timeouts contacting a remote POP server. How can
    > I increase the timeout value?
    >
    > SeaMonkey 1.1.1

    in the browsers address box, type in about:config and look
    for this entry:

    mailnews.tcptimeout

    The default is 60 seconds. Double click on it and change it.
    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Connection Timeout Value

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Rob Steinmetz wrote:
    >> I am getting connection timeouts contacting a remote POP server. How
    >> can I increase the timeout value?
    >>
    >> SeaMonkey 1.1.1

    > in the browsers address box, type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >
    > mailnews.tcptimeout
    >
    > The default is 60 seconds. Double click on it and change it.

    Thanks, that did the trick. I wasn't sure if there was a separate POP
    timeout.

    --
    Rob

+ Reply to Thread