How do I post with Subject: in a non english encoding? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How do I post with Subject: in a non english encoding? - Mozilla ; I see many articles in some newsgroups that have the Subject: encoded in a non english e.g.: Ukrainian, Arabic, or other alphabet (encoding). If I display the source of the posted article I note that the Subject: text is preceded ...

  1. How do I post with Subject: in a non english encoding?

    I see many articles in some newsgroups that have the Subject:
    encoded in a non english e.g.: Ukrainian, Arabic, or other
    alphabet (encoding).
    If I display the source of the posted article I note that
    the Subject: text is preceded and followed by some magic
    cookie characters. e.g.:
    Subject: =?utf-8?B?0JLQuNCx0LDRh9GC0LUsINGG0LUg0YLRltC70LrQuCDRgt C10YHRgg==?=
    Yet I have never managed to actually produce a foreign
    language encoded Subject:
    How do I accomplish this in Sea Monkey?

    Oh. And is there any way of including text in multiple
    encodings in an email message or newsgroup posting?
    --
    Rostyk

  2. Re: How do I post with Subject: in a non english encoding?

    Tue, 24 Apr 2007 00:45:02 -0400, /Rostyslaw Lewyckyj/:

    > Ie see many articles in some newsgroups that have the Subject:
    > encoded in a non english e.g.: Ukrainian, Arabic, or other
    > alphabet (encoding).
    > If I display the source of the posted article I note that
    > the Subject: text is preceded and followed by some magic
    > cookie characters. .g.:
    > Subject:
    > =?utf-8?B?0JLQuNCx0LDRh9GC0LUsINGG0LUg0YLRltC70LrQuCDRgt C10YHRgg==?=

    That's should be specified in RFC 2047 "Message Header Extensions
    for Non-ASCII Text" .

    > Yet I have never managed to actually produce a foreign
    > language encoded Subject:
    > How do I accomplish this in Sea Monkey?

    What are you doing exactly? Doesn't entering a subject using other
    alphabet and then sending the message just work? (you'll have
    eventually to confirm you have to send the message encoding it using
    UTF-8)

    > Oh. And is there any way of including text in multiple
    > encodings in an email message or newsgroup posting?

    You don't need multiple encodings, just one of the UTFs (UTF-8 being
    most widely used) which could represent all Unicode characters, like:

    Français
    български
    汉* (漢語)
    Ελληνικά