make PART of this page a sidebar - Mozilla

This is a discussion on make PART of this page a sidebar - Mozilla ; Is there any way (really difficult or otherwise) to make part of a page a side bar (in xsidebar). Because if I could specify the that I want that would be very very very excellent...

  1. make PART of this page a sidebar

    Is there any way (really difficult or otherwise) to make part of a page
    a side bar (in xsidebar). Because if I could specify the
    that I
    want that would be very very very excellent

  2. Re: make PART of this page a sidebar

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:29:29 +0100, Johnny Carrot wrote:

    > Is there any way (really difficult or otherwise) to make part of a page
    > a side bar (in xsidebar). Because if I could specify the
    that I
    > want that would be very very very excellent

    A static snapshot of your
    or a live view of the
    which
    changes when the original webpage changes?

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]Murphy's law needs to be repealed.

  3. Re: make PART of this page a sidebar

    Johnny Carrot wrote:
    > Is there any way (really difficult or otherwise) to make part of a page
    > a side bar (in xsidebar). Because if I could specify the
    that I
    > want that would be very very very excellent

    If you want the sidebar outside the window for the page, I can't help you.

    If you want a page rendered with a sidebar within the page, that's easy
    with CSS. My home page (see my signature below) has a right sidebar
    that doesn't look quite correct because the main-body content to the
    left is too short, and I'm too lazy to fix it. My
    has both left and right
    sidebars that look better. You can expose my source HTML and get my CSS
    to see how I do it. (My gardening page actually uses two CSS files.)

    --

    David E. Ross
    .

    bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation. 1997

  4. Re: make PART of this page a sidebar

    Philip Chee wrote:
    > On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:29:29 +0100, Johnny Carrot wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way (really difficult or otherwise) to make part of a page
    >> a side bar (in xsidebar). Because if I could specify the
    that I
    >> want that would be very very very excellent

    > A static snapshot of your
    or a live view of the
    which
    > changes when the original webpage changes?
    >
    > Phil

    Spot on with the later

  5. Re: make PART of this page a sidebar

    Johnny Carrot wrote:
    > Philip Chee wrote:
    >> On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:29:29 +0100, Johnny Carrot wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there any way (really difficult or otherwise) to make part of a
    >>> page a side bar (in xsidebar). Because if I could specify the

    >>> that I want that would be very very very excellent

    >> A static snapshot of your
    or a live view of the
    which
    >> changes when the original webpage changes?
    >>
    >> Phil
    >>

    > Spot on with the later

    And the DIV is named, so I figured javascript could go get it for me :-)

    I could make a local page, containing only javascript and then make that
    whole page into a sidebar I guess. But a "div grab" ability for the
    sidebar would be a pretty powerful feature.

    NB: Infact, "div grabbing" would be great for blog reading too when rss
    is not available... or when you have a suite that has no rss support ;-)

  6. Re: make PART of this page a sidebar

    Johnny Carrot wrote:
    > Johnny Carrot wrote:
    >> Philip Chee wrote:

    >>> A static snapshot of your
    or a live view of the
    which
    >>> changes when the original webpage changes?
    >>>
    >>> Phil
    >>>

    >> Spot on with the later

    > And the DIV is named, so I figured javascript could go get it for me :-)
    >
    > I could make a local page, containing only javascript and then make that
    > whole page into a sidebar I guess. But a "div grab" ability for the
    > sidebar would be a pretty powerful feature.
    >
    > NB: Infact, "div grabbing" would be great for blog reading too when rss
    > is not available... or when you have a suite that has no rss support ;-)

    There are extensions offering either a Feed Reader, a Feed Viewer or
    both. All you'll need now is one or two extensions, but maybe the hard
    works of extensions writers isn't good enough for you?

    Michael

  7. Re: make PART of this page a sidebar

    Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla wrote:
    > Johnny Carrot wrote:
    >> Johnny Carrot wrote:

    or a live view of the
    which

    >>> Spot on with the later

    >> And the DIV is named, so I figured javascript could go get it for me :-)
    >>
    >> I could make a local page, containing only javascript and then make
    >> that whole page into a sidebar I guess. But a "div grab" ability for
    >> the sidebar would be a pretty powerful feature.
    >>
    >> NB: Infact, "div grabbing" would be great for blog reading too when
    >> rss is not available... or when you have a suite that has no rss
    >> support ;-)

    > There are extensions offering either a Feed Reader, a Feed Viewer or
    > both. All you'll need now is one or two extensions, but maybe the hard
    > works of extensions writers isn't good enough for you?
    >
    > Michael

    Michael, why are you always such a moron? How can you think that anybody
    doesn't know that?

    The post is about DIV grabbing not about RSS feed reading. Once again:
    get off my thread! (after you go back and read it and feel foolish -
    assuming you have the mental capacity, which I doubt)

  8. Re: make PART of this page a sidebar

    Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla wrote:
    > Johnny Carrot wrote:
    >> Johnny Carrot wrote:

    or a live view of the
    which

    >>> Spot on with the later

    >> And the DIV is named, so I figured javascript could go get it for me :-)
    >>
    >> I could make a local page, containing only javascript and then make
    >> that whole page into a sidebar I guess. But a "div grab" ability for
    >> the sidebar would be a pretty powerful feature.
    >>
    >> NB: Infact, "div grabbing" would be great for blog reading too when
    >> rss is not available... or when you have a suite that has no rss
    >> support ;-)

    > There are extensions offering either a Feed Reader, a Feed Viewer or
    > both. All you'll need now is one or two extensions, but maybe the hard
    > works of extensions writers isn't good enough for you?
    >
    > Michael

    Michael, why are you always such a moron? How can you think that anybody
    doesn't know that?

    The post is about DIV grabbing not about RSS feed reading. Once again:
    get off my thread! (after you go back and read it and feel foolish -
    assuming you have the mental capacity, which I doubt)

+ Reply to Thread