Hide the 'new tab' button - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Hide the 'new tab' button - Mozilla ; It is ridiculous how difficult it is to find SeaMonkey information through a search engine. How can I hide the new tab button using userchrome.css?...

  1. Hide the 'new tab' button

    It is ridiculous how difficult it is to find SeaMonkey information
    through a search engine.

    How can I hide the new tab button using userchrome.css?

  2. Re: Hide the 'new tab' button

    Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:57:54 +0100, /Johnny Carrot/:

    > It is ridiculous how difficult it is to find SeaMonkey information
    > through a search engine.
    >
    > How can I hide the new tab button using userchrome.css?

    Try:

    @-moz-document url("chrome://navigator/content/navigator.xul") {
    toolbarbutton.tabs-newbutton {
    display: none !important;
    }
    }

    --
    Stanimir

  3. Re: Hide the 'new tab' button

    Johnny Carrot wrote:
    > It is ridiculous how difficult it is to find SeaMonkey information
    > through a search engine.
    >
    > How can I hide the new tab button using userchrome.css?

    all you have to do is ask here and someone might know the
    answer. Just give us a few days and someone will reply --
    like Stan did.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: Hide the 'new tab' button

    Johnny Carrot wrote:
    > It is ridiculous how difficult it is to find SeaMonkey information
    > through a search engine.
    >
    > How can I hide the new tab button using userchrome.css?

    To find which selectors to use in userChrome.css or userContent.css, use the
    "DOM Inspector" component. It is one of the optional components distributed
    with SeaMonkey. It has a "point and click" tool which will show you the
    document tree at the place you clicked; then you can go up and down the tree
    in the DOMi window if it showed some parent or child of what you wanted.

    Any good (bound) book about CSS (from your friendly computer bookshop) will
    also of course be of great help. The reference at www.w3c.org is authoritative
    but written in quite technical language: handle with care.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    Death is only a state of mind.

    Only it doesn't leave you much time to think about anything else.

  5. Re: Hide the 'new tab' button

    Tony Mechelynck wrote:
    > use the "DOM Inspector" component. It is one of the optional components
    > distributed with SeaMonkey. It has a "point and click" tool which will
    > show you the document tree at the place you clicked

    I wish it was that easy. I've clicked and clicked and
    clicked, and well, I'm tired of getting nothing.

    Maybe Chris I should create a flash demo and show us how it
    works.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: Hide the 'new tab' button

    Johnny Carrot wrote:
    > It is ridiculous how difficult it is to find SeaMonkey information
    > through a search engine.
    >
    > How can I hide the new tab button using userchrome.css?

    tabs .tabs-newbutton {
    display: none !important;
    }

  7. Re: Hide the 'new tab' button

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
    >> use the "DOM Inspector" component. It is one of the optional
    >> components distributed with SeaMonkey. It has a "point and click" tool
    >> which will show you the document tree at the place you clicked

    > I wish it was that easy. I've clicked and clicked and clicked, and
    > well, I'm tired of getting nothing.
    >
    > Maybe Chris I should create a flash demo and show us how it works.

    The titles of the menus vary slightly between Fx2/Tb2/Sm1.1 and Fx3/Tb3/Sm1.5
    but the general procedure is the same:

    1. Tools => DOM Inspector, or Tools => Web Development => Dom Inspector
    (depending on which Mozilla product & version you're using).

    2. File => Window => (select the window you want to inspect) -- or (on other
    versions): File => Select a Chrome Document => ... or File => Select a Content
    Document => ...

    3. Click on the widget which looks like a grey circle with a mouse pointer on
    it, near top left of the DOMi window.

    4. Click on the element you want to inspect. It is briefly outlined in
    blinking red;

    5. The element is now selected in the left pane of the DOMi window and its
    attributes are shown at right.

    To find the right parent or child:

    1. Select a different element in the left pane of the DOMi window

    2. If it is currently displayed, it is briefly outlined in blinking red.

    Best regards,
    Tony.

  8. Re: Hide the 'new tab' button

    Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla wrote:
    > Johnny Carrot wrote:
    >> It is ridiculous how difficult it is to find SeaMonkey information
    >> through a search engine.
    >>
    >> How can I hide the new tab button using userchrome.css?

    > tabs .tabs-newbutton {
    > display: none !important;
    > }

    I don't have a "new tab" button. Where is it, or how do I show it? Thanks

  9. Re: Hide the 'new tab' button

    Sun, 22 Apr 2007 08:26:28 -0400, /Al/:

    > I don't have a "new tab" button. Where is it, or how do I show it?

    The "New Tab" button is placed on the left of the tab bar. To
    always have it visible you need to have the tab bar always visible,
    i.e. the following option must be unchecked:

    Preferences: Navigator / Tabbed Browsing:

    [ ] Hide the tab bar when only one tab is open

    If you don't see the "New Tab" button when you have several tabs
    opened in a window, you could have placed the previously suggested
    style rules into your "userChrome.css" some time in the past.

    --
    Stanimir

  10. Re: Hide the 'new tab' button

    Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

    > The "New Tab" button is placed on the left of the tab bar. To always
    > have it visible you need to have the tab bar always visible, i.e. the
    > following option must be unchecked:
    >
    > Preferences: Navigator / Tabbed Browsing:
    >
    > [ ] Hide the tab bar when only one tab is open

    thank you.

  11. OT sooo far OT was Re: Hide the 'new tab' button

    Tony Mechelynck wrote:

    Tony, your sig file:-
    Death is only a state of mind.

    Only it doesn't leave you much time to think about anything else.
    End Quote

    reminds me of some Graffiti I saw on a train back in the '70's
    Death...the ultimate experience...that's why they save it for last!
    End Quote.

  12. Re: OT sooo far OT was Re: Hide the 'new tab' button

    Daniel wrote:
    > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
    >

    > Tony, your sig file:-
    > Death is only a state of mind.
    >
    > Only it doesn't leave you much time to think about anything else.
    > End Quote
    >
    > reminds me of some Graffiti I saw on a train back in the '70's
    > Death...the ultimate experience...that's why they save it for last!
    > End Quote.

    DD

    (and my sigs are pseudorandom, every one a new surprise for me.)

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    Seleznick's Theory of Holistic Medicine:
    Ice Cream cures all ills.

+ Reply to Thread