ANI (animated cursor) exploit in SM? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on ANI (animated cursor) exploit in SM? - Mozilla ; Does this affect SM as well? http://askbobrankin.com/is_firefox_more_secure.html Just curious. -Adrian...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ANI (animated cursor) exploit in SM?

  1. ANI (animated cursor) exploit in SM?


    Does this affect SM as well?

    http://askbobrankin.com/is_firefox_more_secure.html

    Just curious.

    -Adrian

  2. Re: ANI (animated cursor) exploit in SM?

    Adrian (down under) aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
    > Does this affect SM as well?
    >
    > http://askbobrankin.com/is_firefox_more_secure.html


    Well, that article is just FUD.

    The ANI bug is a *Windows* bug, not an IE bug, not a Firefox bug, not a
    SeaMonkey bug. So if you're using Windows and if you have that
    particular DLL, you're vulnerable.

    The article here is much better:



    Karsten
    --
    Feel free to correct my English.

  3. Re: ANI (animated cursor) exploit in SM?

    *Adrian (down under)* wrote :

    > Does this affect SM as well?
    >
    > http://askbobrankin.com/is_firefox_more_secure.html


    "Posted by Bob Rankin on April 5, 2007 05:16 PM"
    ^^^^^^^
    http://askbobrankinwhyhedonotupdatehisarticle.com

    Microsoft spreads a patch via WinUpdate since April the '4'!
    Mozilla is not responsible for M$-Exploites and they don't have to fix them.

    And yes. Also SM is affected on Win-Systems without the patch.
    --
    best regards

  4. Re: ANI (animated cursor) exploit in SM?

    Karsten Düsterloh wrote:
    > Adrian (down under) aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
    >> Does this affect SM as well?
    >>
    >> http://askbobrankin.com/is_firefox_more_secure.html

    >
    > Well, that article is just FUD.
    >
    > The ANI bug is a *Windows* bug, not an IE bug, not a Firefox bug, not a
    > SeaMonkey bug. So if you're using Windows and if you have that
    > particular DLL, you're vulnerable.
    >
    > The article here is much better:
    >
    >
    >
    > Karsten



    Great link mate.

    Intrusion: HTTP ANI File Anih Hdr Size BO.
    Intruder: www.determina.com (198.66.219.134)
    Risk Level: High.
    Protocol: TCP.
    Attacked IP: 192.168.1.2
    Attacked Port: 4022.

    Norton Internet Worm Protection scans all the network traffic that
    enters and exits your computer and compares this information against a
    set of attack signatures, arrangements of information that identify an
    attacker's attempt to exploit a known operating system or program
    vulnerability.

    If the information matches an attack signature, Internet Worm Protection
    automatically discards the packet and severs the connection with the
    computer that sent the data. This protects your computer from being
    affected in any way. The Security Alert informs you of the attempted
    attack, and provides you the option to suppress further alerts for this
    threat.

  5. Re: ANI (animated cursor) exploit in SM?

    Ruediger Lahl wrote:
    > *Adrian (down under)* wrote :
    >
    >> Does this affect SM as well?
    >>
    >> http://askbobrankin.com/is_firefox_more_secure.html

    >
    > "Posted by Bob Rankin on April 5, 2007 05:16 PM"
    > ^^^^^^^
    > http://askbobrankinwhyhedonotupdatehisarticle.com
    >
    > Microsoft spreads a patch via WinUpdate since April the '4'!
    > Mozilla is not responsible for M$-Exploites and they don't have to fix them.
    >
    > And yes. Also SM is affected on Win-Systems without the patch.



    Well I do have ubuntu 6.06 on another drive. But it's a bit of a pain
    if you want to use anything that's not in one of the repositories, like
    the latest version of SM for instance.

    The only other option besides compiling the program from tar your self,
    is to update to the next ubuntu beta, and hope the program you want is
    in one of it's repositories.

    I know it should be easy to compile programs from tar, but I haven't
    found it so.

    Thanks for the reply.
    -Adrian

  6. Re: ANI (animated cursor) exploit in SM?

    On 04/16/2007 06:50 PM, Adrian (down under) wrote:
    > Does this affect SM as well?
    >
    > http://askbobrankin.com/is_firefox_more_secure.html
    >
    > Just curious.
    >
    > -Adrian


    Bookmark this:

    http://secunia.com/search/?search=mozilla

    You can check for security issues on just about any product at secunia.


  7. Re: ANI (animated cursor) exploit in SM?

    NoOp wrote:
    > On 04/16/2007 06:50 PM, Adrian (down under) wrote:
    >> Does this affect SM as well?
    >>
    >> http://askbobrankin.com/is_firefox_more_secure.html
    >>
    >> Just curious.
    >>
    >> -Adrian

    >
    > Bookmark this:
    >
    > http://secunia.com/search/?search=mozilla
    >
    > You can check for security issues on just about any product at secunia.
    >


    Cheers!
    -Adrian

+ Reply to Thread