Hidden bookmarks - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Hidden bookmarks - Mozilla ; SM 1.1 Some of my bookmarks are hidden. That is, they do not appear in Manage Bookmarks. If I "search" they are listed, but when I clear the search window and the screen defaults back to the manage bookmarks window, ...

  1. Hidden bookmarks

    SM 1.1
    Some of my bookmarks are hidden. That is, they do not appear
    in Manage Bookmarks. If I "search" they are listed, but when
    I clear the search window and the screen defaults back to
    the manage bookmarks window, they are gone. Any idea of why
    some bookmarks are hidden? Any idea if how to un-hide them?
    I have no idea how many and which are hidden, so I cannot
    just search.

  2. Re: Hidden bookmarks

    HeavyDuty wrote:

    > SM 1.1
    > Some of my bookmarks are hidden. That is, they do not appear in Manage
    > Bookmarks. If I "search" they are listed, but when I clear the search
    > window and the screen defaults back to the manage bookmarks window,
    > they are gone. Any idea of why some bookmarks are hidden? Any idea if
    > how to un-hide them? I have no idea how many and which are hidden, so
    > I cannot just search.

    Check each folder in Manage Bookmarks.
    They may have been put in a wrong folder inadvertently.
    If all else fails download AM-DeadLink*
    **http://aignes.com/deadlink.htm*

    This is a program that will find all bookmarks and tell you where they are.*
    *It will also detect dead links and duplicates in your Browser Bookmarks.
    If a Bookmark has become unavailable you can verify it in the internal
    preview and delete it from your Browser.
    AM-Deadlink works with Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla and Firefox.
    AM-DeadLink is Freeware!

    Mike C

  3. Re: Hidden bookmarks

    On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:33:23 -0500, Mike C wrote:

    > Check each folder in Manage Bookmarks.
    > They may have been put in a wrong folder inadvertently.
    > If all else fails download AM-DeadLink*
    > **http://aignes.com/deadlink.htm*
    >
    > This is a program that will find all bookmarks and tell you where they are.*
    > *It will also detect dead links and duplicates in your Browser Bookmarks.
    > If a Bookmark has become unavailable you can verify it in the internal
    > preview and delete it from your Browser.

    I've been told that it automatically deletes dead links and duplicates
    which is why I've never bothered with it. I have a number of
    bookmarks deliberately duplicated in different folders.

  4. Re: Hidden bookmarks

    Charani wrote:
    > On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:33:23 -0500, Mike C wrote:
    >
    >> Check each folder in Manage Bookmarks.
    >> They may have been put in a wrong folder inadvertently.
    >> If all else fails download AM-DeadLink*
    >> **http://aignes.com/deadlink.htm*
    >>
    >> This is a program that will find all bookmarks and tell you where they are.*
    >> *It will also detect dead links and duplicates in your Browser Bookmarks.
    >> If a Bookmark has become unavailable you can verify it in the internal
    >> preview and delete it from your Browser.

    > I've been told that it automatically deletes dead links and duplicates
    > which is why I've never bothered with it. I have a number of
    > bookmarks deliberately duplicated in different folders.

    it will find and you select to delete dead links
    you decide if you want dups deleted

  5. Re: Hidden bookmarks

    Charani wrote:

    >On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:33:23 -0500, Mike C wrote:
    >

    >>Check each folder in Manage Bookmarks.
    >>They may have been put in a wrong folder inadvertently.
    >>If all else fails download AM-DeadLink*
    >>**http://aignes.com/deadlink.htm*
    >>
    >>This is a program that will find all bookmarks and tell you where they are.*
    >>*It will also detect dead links and duplicates in your Browser Bookmarks.
    >>If a Bookmark has become unavailable you can verify it in the internal
    >>preview and delete it from your Browser.
    >>

    >I've been told that it automatically deletes dead links and duplicates
    >which is why I've never bothered with it. I have a number of
    >bookmarks deliberately duplicated in different folders.

    No, it just SHOWS them to you.
    Then you have the option of doing what you want with them including
    keeping them.

    Mike C

+ Reply to Thread