Another little problem, alas, but a question first - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Another little problem, alas, but a question first - Mozilla ; Daniel wrote: > Marco wrote: >> NoOp wrote: >>> Daniel wrote: >>>> NoOp wrote: >>> >>>>> Don't know. FWIW mine shows the same (SM 1.1 linux): >>>>> >>>>> Storage in use: 4194302 KiB >>>>> >>>> I like being different......mine are: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Another little problem, alas, but a question first

    Daniel wrote:
    > Marco wrote:
    >> NoOp wrote:

    >>> 256MB

    >> 768MB

    > Hang on!! You both are showing over 4 GB of storage with less than 1 GB
    > of RAM?? Or are you both indicating you Disk storages??
    >
    > Daniel

    The strange thing about it is, that I'm not able to reproduce that
    number (siu at 4GB). Seem to behave "logically" now, never going higher
    than the Maximum storage size (16384 kB).

    Marco
    SM1.1/osx3.9

  2. Re: Another little problem, alas, but a question first

    Daniel wrote:
    > Marco wrote:
    >> NoOp wrote:

    >>> 256MB

    >> 768MB

    > Hang on!! You are both getting over 4 GB 9of storage from less than 1 GB
    > of RAM?? Or are your 4 GBs' of disk storage??
    >
    > Daniel

    Jealous eh? :-)

    about:cache

    Memory cache device

    Number of entries: 0
    Maximum storage size: 9216 KiB
    Storage in use: 4194303 KiB
    Inactive storage: 0 KiB

    List Cache Entries
    Disk cache device

    Number of entries: 0
    Maximum storage size: 51200 KiB
    Storage in use: 0 KiB
    Cache Directory:

    Interesting that the Kibibyte term is used... I'm of the old school
    Kilobyte group. Anyway, my kibibytes are bigger than yours :-)

  3. Re: Another little problem, alas, but a question first

    Daniel wrote:
    > NoOp wrote:
    >> Daniel wrote:

    >>> Hang on!! You are both getting over 4 GB 9of storage from less than 1 GB
    >>> of RAM?? Or are your 4 GBs' of disk storage??
    >>>
    >>> Daniel

    >> Jealous eh? :-)
    >>
    >> about:cache
    >>
    >> Memory cache device
    >>
    >> Number of entries: 0
    >> Maximum storage size: 9216 KiB
    >> Storage in use: 4194303 KiB
    >> Inactive storage: 0 KiB
    >>
    >> List Cache Entries
    >> Disk cache device
    >>
    >> Number of entries: 0
    >> Maximum storage size: 51200 KiB
    >> Storage in use: 0 KiB
    >> Cache Directory:
    >>
    >> Interesting that the Kibibyte term is used... I'm of the old school
    >> Kilobyte group. Anyway, my kibibytes are bigger than yours :-)
    >>

    > Marco seems to have regained his senses, and is not showing more
    > on-board memory than he has RAM...don´t know what you´ve done, NoOp!
    >
    > Daniel

    Don't know what it might be... I thought that perhaps it might be:

    user_pref("browser.cache.memory.capacity", -1);

    in my pref file. But I show that same setting on one of my other systems
    and that one is displaying 9216 Kib for Maxium storage size and 740 Kib
    Storage in use.

    However, it only shows that amount after all cache (disk and memory has
    been cleared). For example, on this same system with some data in cache
    it shows:

    Memory cache device

    Number of entries: 104
    Maximum storage size: 9216 KiB
    Storage in use: 1491 KiB
    Inactive storage: 69 KiB

    List Cache Entries
    Disk cache device

    Number of entries: 59
    Maximum storage size: 51200 KiB
    Storage in use: 196 KiB

    However, if I clear the cache (mem and disk) it then shows:

    Memory cache device

    Number of entries: 0
    Maximum storage size: 9216 KiB
    Storage in use: 4194303 KiB
    Inactive storage: 0 KiB

    List Cache Entries
    Disk cache device

    Number of entries: 0
    Maximum storage size: 51200 KiB
    Storage in use: 0 KiB

    On the other system it shows 0 (zero) for Storage in use after all has
    been cleared (mem and disk). So, no idea. I guess as long as it works
    when I do have something in cache then it's probably nothing to worry about.

  4. Re: Another little problem, alas, but a question first

    Yep, beyond me!

    Daniel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2