Problem making new accounts in SM mail - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problem making new accounts in SM mail - Mozilla ; I opened up the mail application in SM and attempted to add an email account as well as a newsgroup accout. When I go through the add account steps, a few things happened. I first wanted to add the mail ...

  1. Problem making new accounts in SM mail

    I opened up the mail application in SM and attempted to add an email
    account as well as a newsgroup accout. When I go through the add
    account steps, a few things happened.

    I first wanted to add the mail account, but when I tried, it asked me
    for the newsgroup server without giving me the option for mail. I then
    thought I'd try doing the newsgroup first since that's what it's asking for.

    I got to the final step, hit finish, and it did, but it did NOT add the
    account.

    The only accounts I have are Local Folders, and one that says news with
    no real server defined that comes back if I delete it.

  2. Re: Problem making new accounts in SM mail

    Trel Smith wrote:
    > I opened up the mail application in SM and attempted to add an email
    > account as well as a newsgroup accout. When I go through the add
    > account steps, a few things happened.
    >
    > I first wanted to add the mail account, but when I tried, it asked me
    > for the newsgroup server without giving me the option for mail. I then
    > thought I'd try doing the newsgroup first since that's what it's asking
    > for.
    >
    > I got to the final step, hit finish, and it did, but it did NOT add the
    > account.
    >
    > The only accounts I have are Local Folders, and one that says news with
    > no real server defined that comes back if I delete it.

    I just tried on a fresh profile and it seems to be working correctly.
    Are there any preferences I might check or files I might delete to see
    if I can make it work without having to redo everything?

  3. Re: Problem making new accounts in SM mail

    Trel Smith wrote:
    > Trel Smith wrote:
    >> I opened up the mail application in SM and attempted to add an email
    >> account as well as a newsgroup accout. When I go through the add
    >> account steps, a few things happened.
    >>
    >> I first wanted to add the mail account, but when I tried, it asked me
    >> for the newsgroup server without giving me the option for mail. I
    >> then thought I'd try doing the newsgroup first since that's what it's
    >> asking for.
    >>
    >> I got to the final step, hit finish, and it did, but it did NOT add
    >> the account.
    >>
    >> The only accounts I have are Local Folders, and one that says news
    >> with no real server defined that comes back if I delete it.

    > I just tried on a fresh profile and it seems to be working correctly.
    > Are there any preferences I might check or files I might delete to see
    > if I can make it work without having to redo everything?

    Nevermind for now, I appeard to have fixed this by deleting everything
    related to mail in the prefs.js that was not present in a fresh profile.
    I also renamed the mail folder in my profile directory.

+ Reply to Thread