Ability to Change Order of Accounts - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Ability to Change Order of Accounts - Mozilla ; In looking at Bugzilla, I found an item, 61078 - Ability to Change Order of Accounts, that was started in 2000. In the list of items there is a screenshot with down and up arrows for moving accounts. I believe ...

  1. Ability to Change Order of Accounts

    In looking at Bugzilla, I found an item, 61078 - Ability to Change
    Order of Accounts, that was started in 2000. In the list of items
    there is a screenshot with down and up arrows for moving accounts.

    I believe there are extensions that work with Thunderbird but not with
    SeaMonkey (I tried installing a couple I found, neither worked). I
    have tried modifying the line in prefs.js, but it didn't work.

    Does anyone know of an extension that will add the move arrows for SM?

  2. Re: Ability to Change Order of Accounts

    nr wrote:
    > In looking at Bugzilla, I found an item, 61078 - Ability to Change
    > Order of Accounts, that was started in 2000. In the list of items
    > there is a screenshot with down and up arrows for moving accounts.
    >
    > I believe there are extensions that work with Thunderbird but not with
    > SeaMonkey (I tried installing a couple I found, neither worked). I
    > have tried modifying the line in prefs.js, but it didn't work.

    which line?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Pe...amus_Show.html
    http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=2778

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  3. Re: Ability to Change Order of Accounts

    This line:
    user_pref("mail.accountmanager.accounts",
    "account1,account2,account3,account4,account5,accou nt6");

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > nr wrote:
    > > In looking at Bugzilla, I found an item, 61078 - Ability to Change
    > > Order of Accounts, that was started in 2000. In the list of items
    > > there is a screenshot with down and up arrows for moving accounts.
    > >
    > > I believe there are extensions that work with Thunderbird but not with
    > > SeaMonkey (I tried installing a couple I found, neither worked). I
    > > have tried modifying the line in prefs.js, but it didn't work.
    > >

    > which line?
    >
    > --
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    > http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    > http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Pe...amus_Show.html
    > http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=2778
    >
    > Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  4. Re: Ability to Change Order of Accounts

    _nr_ spoke thusly on 21/01/2007 1:53 PM:
    > In looking at Bugzilla, I found an item, 61078 - Ability to Change
    > Order of Accounts, that was started in 2000. In the list of items
    > there is a screenshot with down and up arrows for moving accounts.
    >
    > I believe there are extensions that work with Thunderbird but not with
    > SeaMonkey (I tried installing a couple I found, neither worked). I
    > have tried modifying the line in prefs.js, but it didn't work.

    Close SeaMonkey, including quick launch, before you open and edit the
    prefs.js.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  5. Re: Ability to Change Order of Accounts

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _nr_ spoke thusly on 21/01/2007 1:53 PM:
    > > In looking at Bugzilla, I found an item, 61078 - Ability to Change
    > > Order of Accounts, that was started in 2000. In the list of items
    > > there is a screenshot with down and up arrows for moving accounts.
    > >
    > > I believe there are extensions that work with Thunderbird but not with
    > > SeaMonkey (I tried installing a couple I found, neither worked). I
    > > have tried modifying the line in prefs.js, but it didn't work.

    > Close SeaMonkey, including quick launch, before you open and edit the
    > prefs.js.

    Chris, when I tried that approach (many times) I did close SM before
    making the changes. I do not have quick launch enabled, so no issue
    there.

    In the Bugzilla report I noted originally, someone had included screen
    prints of the proposed account management screen with up and down
    arrows for moving accounts. I believe there is an extension for this
    for Thunderbird, but not for SM. So two questions: (1) can this
    capability be added to SM? From the BZ report, there seems to be a lot
    of interest in it, and (2) how difficult is it to modify a TB extension
    to work with SM? I'm willing to give it a try.

    Many thanks for your great work on SM.

  6. Re: Ability to Change Order of Accounts

    On 22 Jan 2007 04:09:26 -0800, nr wrote:

    > of interest in it, and (2) how difficult is it to modify a TB extension
    > to work with SM? I'm willing to give it a try.

    It should just be a SMOP:

    "How to hack extensions to make them compatible with SeaMonkey"

    I have ported several Thunderbird extensions to SeaMonkey. For example:

    Phil
    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]Misspelled? Impossible. My modem is error correcting.

+ Reply to Thread