Re: Seamonkey 1.1 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Seamonkey 1.1 - Mozilla ; Hi Seamonkey team, Seamonkey 1.1 seems pretty good so far. I do hope eventually the download manager will one fine day, be able to resume a download. It is such a disappointment for a download to cut off near the ...

  1. Re: Seamonkey 1.1

    Hi Seamonkey team,
    Seamonkey 1.1 seems pretty good so far.
    I do hope eventually the download manager will one fine day, be able to
    resume a download.
    It is such a disappointment for a download to cut off near the end and
    then to lose the lot, no way of restarting it in seamonkey it seems.
    best
    Rod

  2. Re: Seamonkey 1.1

    rodlovett wrote:
    > Hi Seamonkey team,
    > Seamonkey 1.1 seems pretty good so far.
    > I do hope eventually the download manager will one fine day, be able to
    > resume a download.
    > It is such a disappointment for a download to cut off near the end and
    > then to lose the lot, no way of restarting it in seamonkey it seems.
    > best
    > Rod

    yes, it does suck, but in the mean time you can find some good download
    managers here: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows4.html

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Pe...amus_Show.html
    http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=2778

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  3. Re: Seamonkey 1.1

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T schrieb:
    > Don't think it will ever happen.

    It can, if someone steps up, tries to learn the code well enough and
    create a patch. Everything that gets added to SeaMonkey gets added by
    volunteers, so every feature and/or fix has to sound important and/or
    interesting enough for such a volunteer that he actually works on a
    patch and drives this into the codebase. (That said, this is basically
    the same in commercial environments, just that the interest of managers
    in fixes/features is more important than the individual developers'.)

    The road to get improvements into the code is basically the same for
    anyone, be it a new or "senior" contributor. The difference is just that
    the former probably need to learn the code first, and the latter are
    overworked anyways in most cases.

    Robert Kaiser

  4. Re: Seamonkey 1.1

    On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:04:35 +0100, Robert Kaiser wrote:

    > It can, if someone steps up, tries to learn the code well enough and
    > create a patch. Everything that gets added to SeaMonkey gets added by
    > volunteers, so every feature and/or fix has to sound important and/or
    > interesting enough for such a volunteer that he actually works on a
    > patch and drives this into the codebase.

    Yes. All the patches I've contributed to SeaMonkey are basically to fix
    things that personally irritate me but don't actually affect 99.9% of
    other SeaMonkey users - I mean how many people here actually use the
    en-GB-oed dictionary?

    Phil
    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it!

+ Reply to Thread