Re: *How to post to mozilla.test.multimedia* - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: *How to post to mozilla.test.multimedia* - Mozilla ; _Michael Gordon_ spoke thusly on 19/01/2007 12:29 AM: > Is there a way to create separate signature files for the different > newsgroups within the Mozilla groups? > > The way I have this setup now the signature will show ...

  1. Re: *How to post to mozilla.test.multimedia*

    _Michael Gordon_ spoke thusly on 19/01/2007 12:29 AM:
    > Is there a way to create separate signature files for the different
    > newsgroups within the Mozilla groups?
    >
    > The way I have this setup now the signature will show up on all posts to
    > all groups in the Mozilla news server.

    There are a number of ways.

    - You can create two different identities for the news.mozilla.org
    account; and use one for MTMM, and the other for the rest of the Mozilla
    newsgroups.

    - You can use create another news account, and set it to use the server
    news.mozilla.com, which points to the same server as news.mozilla.org.

    - You can use the Mnenhy extension, to set a preference specific to the
    MTMM newsgroup.

    Follow-up set to mozilla.support.seamonkey.

    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  2. Re: *How to post to mozilla.test.multimedia*

    On 1/20/2007 11:03 PM Chris Ilias created this reply

    _Michael Gordon_ spoke thusly on 19/01/2007 12:29 AM:

    Is there a way to create separate signature files for the different newsgroups within the Mozilla groups? The way I have this setup now the signature will show up on all posts to all groups in the Mozilla news server.

    There are a number of ways. - You can create two different identities for the news.mozilla.org account; and use one for MTMM, and the other for the rest of the Mozilla newsgroups. <http://seamonkey.ilias..ca/mailnewsfaq/Identities> - You can use create another news account, and set it to use the server news.mozilla.com, which points to the same server as news.mozilla.org. - You can use the Mnenhy extension, to set a preference specific to the MTMM newsgroup. <http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/folderstore.html#customprefs> Follow-up set to mozilla.support.seamonkey.

    Hello Chris,

    I used your first suggestion and link to set multiple identities and it works.

    Thank you.

    PS That little tip is no where to be found in the SeaMonkey "Help" files.

    Michael

    Posting To Mozilla.Test.Multimedia

    SeaMonkey
    The "All In One Internet Application Suite"

  3. Re: *How to post to mozilla.test.multimedia*

    On 1/21/2007 9:46 AM Michael MTMM created this reply
    > On 1/20/2007 11:03 PM Chris Ilias created this reply
    >> _Michael Gordon_ spoke thusly on 19/01/2007 12:29 AM:
    >>
    >>> Is there a way to create separate signature files for the different
    >>> newsgroups within the Mozilla groups?
    >>>
    >>> The way I have this setup now the signature will show up on all posts to
    >>> all groups in the Mozilla news server.
    >>>

    >> There are a number of ways.
    >>
    >> - You can create two different identities for the news.mozilla.org
    >> account; and use one for MTMM, and the other for the rest of the Mozilla
    >> newsgroups.
    >>

    >> - You can use create another news account, and set it to use the server
    >> news.mozilla.com, which points to the same server as news.mozilla.org.
    >>
    >> - You can use the Mnenhy extension, to set a preference specific to the
    >> MTMM newsgroup.
    >>

    >> Follow-up set to mozilla.support.seamonkey.
    >>

    > Hello Chris,
    >
    > I used your first suggestion and link to set multiple identities and
    > it works.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > PS That little tip is no where to be found in the SeaMonkey "Help" files.
    >
    > Michael
    >
    > --
    >
    > Posting To Mozilla.Test.Multimedia
    >

    > SeaMonkey the all in one browser, mail, and composer SeaMonkey
    >
    > The "All In One Internet Application Suite"

    Oooops! Sorry for the fancy text. I thought I was replying to the MTMM
    post.

    Michael

    --
    Armadillo Web Design
    Opening your door of opportunity

    Armadillo Web Design
    www.armadilloweb.com

    Character is doing the right thing...
    Even when no one is watching...

    SeaMonkey
    www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
    The all in one browser, mail, and composer.
    SeaMonkey the "All In One Internet Application Suite"

+ Reply to Thread