Tooltips preview turning itself off? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Tooltips preview turning itself off? - Mozilla ; Having read various messages about having/disabling the pref 'browser.tabs.tooltippreview.enable', thought I'd try it out. Set it to enable, browsed the web for a bit, shut down Seamonkey. Come back at some point later, and the pref has turned itself off. ...

  1. Tooltips preview turning itself off?

    Having read various messages about having/disabling the pref
    'browser.tabs.tooltippreview.enable', thought I'd try it out. Set it to
    enable, browsed the web for a bit, shut down Seamonkey. Come back at
    some point later, and the pref has turned itself off.

    Prefs.js is NOT set to read-only; other GUI changes applied are still
    set at next browser session. I can't find any option on any other
    installed extension which even remotely appears to have an effect.

    My config is: WinXP Pro-SP2 with current security updates; SeaMonkey
    1.1; Extensions--IE Tab 1.3.0, Multizilla 1.8.2.0i, PrefBar 3.3.4,
    QuoteColors 0.26 (moz), as well as SM default installed exts. Can
    someone recommend where to look next for the culprit?

  2. Re: Tooltips preview turning itself off?

    /Rickles/:

    > Having read various messages about having/disabling the pref
    > 'browser.tabs.tooltippreview.enable', thought I'd try it out. Set it to
    > enable, browsed the web for a bit, shut down Seamonkey. Come back at
    > some point later, and the pref has turned itself off.

    Did you set "browser.tabs.tooltippreview.enable" to false
    previously? If yes, where did you have set it - in "user.js" or at
    the :config> page? If you have set it in your "user.js" -
    think of it.

    --
    Stanimir

  3. Re: Tooltips preview turning itself off?

    On 1/21/2007 12:02 PM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
    > /Rickles/:
    >
    >> Having read various messages about having/disabling the pref
    >> 'browser.tabs.tooltippreview.enable', thought I'd try it out. Set it
    >> to enable, browsed the web for a bit, shut down Seamonkey. Come back
    >> at some point later, and the pref has turned itself off.

    > Did you set "browser.tabs.tooltippreview.enable" to false previously?
    > If yes, where did you have set it - in "user.js" or at the
    > :config> page? If you have set it in your "user.js" - think of it.

    Egg on my face--it's been so long since I've referred to my user.js I'd
    forgotten I even had one, or that such any entry appeared there, which
    it does. Thanks for helping me see again.

  4. Re: Tooltips preview turning itself off?

    Rickles wrote:
    > My config is: WinXP Pro-SP2 with current security updates; SeaMonkey
    > 1.1; Extensions--IE Tab 1.3.0, Multizilla 1.8.2.0i, PrefBar 3.3.4,

    you're able to use Multizilla 1.8.2.0i and SM 1.1 together OK. I had to
    upgrade mine to 1.8.3.0a in order for it to work.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Pe...amus_Show.html
    http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=2778

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread