Cannot Connect To Secnews - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Cannot Connect To Secnews - Mozilla ; Seamonkey 1.1 When attempting to connect to secnews.netscape.com port 563 - SSL enabled, I get an error alert popup to the effect: Seamonkey is unable to connect securely to secnews.netscape.com because it uses a protocol that has not been enabled. ...

  1. Cannot Connect To Secnews

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  2. Re: Cannot Connect To Secnews

    _Jay Garcia_ spoke thusly on 20/01/2007 11:54 PM:
    > Seamonkey 1.1
    >
    > When attempting to connect to secnews.netscape.com port 563 - SSL
    > enabled, I get an error alert popup to the effect:
    >
    > Seamonkey is unable to connect securely to secnews.netscape.com because
    > it uses a protocol that has not been enabled.

    Google is your friend.
    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...20c56d2bd49489
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Cannot Connect To Secnews

    On 20.01.2007 22:59, Chris Ilias wrote:

    > _Jay Garcia_ spoke thusly on 20/01/2007 11:54 PM:
    >> Seamonkey 1.1
    >>
    >> When attempting to connect to secnews.netscape.com port 563 - SSL
    >> enabled, I get an error alert popup to the effect:
    >>
    >> Seamonkey is unable to connect securely to secnews.netscape.com because
    >> it uses a protocol that has not been enabled.

    > Google is your friend.
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...20c56d2bd49489

    I did search but in the wrong venue .. :-(

    Works, thanks.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  4. Re: Cannot Connect To Secnews

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 20.01.2007 22:59, Chris Ilias wrote:

    To save you time - the above fix is:

    That's due to a decision to disable SSL2 and other weak ciphers.
    Try this.
    Go to the URL:
    about:config

    Search for the preference:
    security.ssl3.rsa_rc2_40_md5

    Double-click on it, which should set the value to true.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links