Article Previews - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Article Previews - Mozilla ; Hi all, I've been wondering about a feature that doesn't appear to be available in Seamonkey. With a website page like http://my.yahoo.com/ , in both FF or IE, I can place the mouse pointer over some news article links and ...

  1. Article Previews

    Hi all,

    I've been wondering about a feature that doesn't appear to be
    available in Seamonkey. With a website page like
    http://my.yahoo.com/, in both FF or IE, I can place the mouse
    pointer over some news article links and get a text preview of
    the article page, similar to the tab preview. For some reason,
    I can't do this with Seamonkey. Is there a preference in the
    Config Editor that needs to be changed to enable this function
    and if so, which one?

    Thanks,

    --
    _T o m_
    guestpest /at/ yahoo /dot/ com

    "Reason and free inquiry are the only effective
    agents against error." -- Thomas Jefferson

  2. Re: Article Previews

    _Guest Pest_ spoke thusly on 20/01/2007 8:34 PM:
    > I've been wondering about a feature that doesn't appear to be
    > available in Seamonkey. With a website page like
    > http://my.yahoo.com/, in both FF or IE, I can place the mouse
    > pointer over some news article links and get a text preview of
    > the article page, similar to the tab preview. For some reason,
    > I can't do this with Seamonkey. Is there a preference in the
    > Config Editor that needs to be changed to enable this function
    > and if so, which one?

    It's Yahoo not recognizing all Gecko browsers.
    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...522a64291c6c54
    http://www.geckoisgecko.org/
    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...rowser_Support
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Article Previews

    On Sat 20 Jan 2007 09:10:22pm EDT, one who goes by the name
    or nom de guerre /Chris Ilias/ said in
    mozilla.support.seamonkey:

    > _Guest Pest_ spoke thusly on 20/01/2007 8:34 PM:
    >> I've been wondering about a feature that doesn't appear to
    >> be available in Seamonkey. With a website page like
    >> http://my.yahoo.com/, in both FF or IE, I can place the
    >> mouse pointer over some news article links and get a text
    >> preview of the article page, similar to the tab preview.
    >> For some reason, I can't do this with Seamonkey. Is there
    >> a preference in the Config Editor that needs to be changed
    >> to enable this function and if so, which one?

    > It's Yahoo not recognizing all Gecko browsers.
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozil....seamonkey/bro
    > wse_frm/thread/f522a64291c6c54 http://www.geckoisgecko.org/
    > http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...etection_and_C
    > ross_Browser_Support

    OK, that explains it. So, now in addition to adding FireFox 2
    to the PrefBar User Agent list, I changed the Value of the Pref
    Name "general.useragent.extra.seamonkey" from just SeaMonkey/1.1
    to FireFox/2.0/SeaMonkey/1.1 and it works fine either way (Real
    UA or Fx). Thanks again.

    --
    _T o m_
    guestpest /at/ yahoo /dot/ com

    "A common mistake that people make when trying to
    design something completely foolproof is to
    underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -- Douglas Adams (1952-2001)