Won't go to window - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Won't go to window - Mozilla ; I just downloaded and installed the latest Seamonkey and for some reason when I click on a link in email, it opens that page in the browser but doesn't transfer me over there, like previous versions have always done. Is ...

  1. Won't go to window

    I just downloaded and installed the latest Seamonkey and for some reason
    when I click on a link in email, it opens that page in the browser but
    doesn't transfer me over there, like previous versions have always done.

    Is it a setting or something?

    Also, I could use a good plug-in for listening to sound files JUST in the
    browser, without opening Winamp up for them.

    --
    - Mama Bear

  2. Re: Won't go to window

    _Mama Bear_ spoke thusly on 20/01/2007 5:19 PM:
    > I just downloaded and installed the latest Seamonkey and for some reason
    > when I click on a link in email, it opens that page in the browser but
    > doesn't transfer me over there, like previous versions have always done.
    >
    > Is it a setting or something?

    Edit-->Preferences-->Navigator-->Tabbed_Browsing.
    Check mark either:
    "Switch to new tabs opened from links"
    or under "Links from other applications"
    "The current tab/window"
    or
    "A new window"

    > Also, I could use a good plug-in for listening to sound files JUST in the
    > browser, without opening Winamp up for them.

    My fav is QuickTime.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Won't go to window

    Chris Ilias wrote :

    > _Mama Bear_ spoke thusly on 20/01/2007 5:19 PM:
    >> I just downloaded and installed the latest Seamonkey and for some
    >> reason when I click on a link in email, it opens that page in the
    >> browser but doesn't transfer me over there, like previous versions
    >> have always done.
    >>
    >> Is it a setting or something?

    > Edit-->Preferences-->Navigator-->Tabbed_Browsing.
    > Check mark either:
    > "Switch to new tabs opened from links"
    > or under "Links from other applications"
    > "The current tab/window"
    > or
    > "A new window"

    Thanks, but why does the new version installer change my settings like
    that?

    >> Also, I could use a good plug-in for listening to sound files JUST
    >> in the browser, without opening Winamp up for them.

    > My fav is QuickTime.

    Thanks.

    --
    - Mama Bear

  4. Re: Won't go to window

    _Mama Bear_ spoke thusly on 21/01/2007 12:14 PM:
    > Chris Ilias wrote :
    >
    >> Edit-->Preferences-->Navigator-->Tabbed_Browsing.
    >> Check mark either:
    >> "Switch to new tabs opened from links"
    >> or under "Links from other applications"
    >> "The current tab/window"
    >> or
    >> "A new window"

    > Thanks, but why does the new version installer change my settings like
    > that?

    I haven't really looked into it that much. Default settings can change
    from version to version; but it it's a preference that you set yourself,
    then I don't think a new version can change that.
    One of them may be a new setting; but Like I said, I haven't looked into
    it that much.