Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1 - Mozilla ; The release notes are always nice and succinct at listing what's new in a new major release, but don't really provide a complete list of user-end differences. I don't really have the time to create an in-depth list of differences, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

  1. Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    The release notes are always nice and succinct at listing what's new in
    a new major release, but don't really provide a complete list of
    user-end differences. I don't really have the time to create an in-depth
    list of differences, like I did with
    .
    I'd like this thread to be for people to list all the differences
    they've found between SeaMonkey 1.0.x and 1.1. I'll post the list on
    seamonkey.ilias.ca, and include a link to this thread.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  2. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > The release notes are always nice and succinct at listing what's new in
    > a new major release, but don't really provide a complete list of
    > user-end differences. I don't really have the time to create an in-depth
    > list of differences, like I did with
    > .
    > I'd like this thread to be for people to list all the differences
    > they've found between SeaMonkey 1.0.x and 1.1. I'll post the list on
    > seamonkey.ilias.ca, and include a link to this thread.

    Yeah, I don't really like the release notes format I'm using right now.
    I want to change it in the future - focus on a more useful list of
    what users are likely to care about.

    Chris

  3. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > The release notes are always nice and succinct at listing what's new in
    > a new major release, but don't really provide a complete list of
    > user-end differences. I don't really have the time to create an in-depth
    > list of differences, like I did with
    > .
    > I'd like this thread to be for people to list all the differences
    > they've found between SeaMonkey 1.0.x and 1.1. I'll post the list on
    > seamonkey.ilias.ca, and include a link to this thread.

    Is dragging tabs left or right in the browser new?

  4. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > The release notes are always nice and succinct at listing what's new in
    > a new major release, but don't really provide a complete list of
    > user-end differences. I don't really have the time to create an in-depth
    > list of differences, like I did with
    > .
    > I'd like this thread to be for people to list all the differences
    > they've found between SeaMonkey 1.0.x and 1.1. I'll post the list on
    > seamonkey.ilias.ca, and include a link to this thread.

    One of the fixes is better new mail notification on Macs. But I have
    some issues. I have multiple accounts.

    1. What is the number based on? The account for the last selected folder?

    2. SM is downloading and filtering messages automatically. But I have
    these preferences turned off. This is an IMAP account.

  5. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    David L. Ross wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> The release notes are always nice and succinct at listing what's new
    >> in a new major release, but don't really provide a complete list of
    >> user-end differences. I don't really have the time to create an
    >> in-depth list of differences, like I did with
    >> .
    >> I'd like this thread to be for people to list all the differences
    >> they've found between SeaMonkey 1.0.x and 1.1. I'll post the list on
    >> seamonkey.ilias.ca, and include a link to this thread.

    > Is dragging tabs left or right in the browser new?

    not according to this,
    http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/#SeaMonkeyvsMozilla17
    but I never knew until 20 minutes ago when I read the post with that link.

    What I noticed new is that on a "page" that is really just a picture, if
    the picture is bigger than the window, a little magnifying glass with a
    minus sign shows when hovering on the image and clicking it makes the
    picture resize.

    GW on OSX

  6. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Geoff Welsh wrote:
    > What I noticed new is that on a "page" that is really just a picture, if
    > the picture is bigger than the window, a little magnifying glass with a
    > minus sign shows when hovering on the image and clicking it makes the
    > picture resize.
    >
    > GW on OSX

    its fun when you discover something new, isn't it? :-)

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Pe...amus_Show.html
    http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=2778

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  7. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > I don't really have the time to create an in-depth
    > list of differences, like I did with
    > .

    what does "You can switch the direction of a page or a text field" mean?
    (from the info on that link)
    GW

  8. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    _Geoff Welsh_ spoke thusly on 19/01/2007 3:19 AM:
    > what does "You can switch the direction of a page or a text field" mean?
    > (from the info on that link)

    Set |bidi.direction| to 2, and be amazed. (or confused :-) )
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  9. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > The release notes are always nice and succinct at listing what's new in
    > a new major release, but don't really provide a complete list of
    > user-end differences. I don't really have the time to create an in-depth
    > list of differences, like I did with
    > .
    > I'd like this thread to be for people to list all the differences
    > they've found between SeaMonkey 1.0.x and 1.1. I'll post the list on
    > seamonkey.ilias.ca, and include a link to this thread.

    Dang... I wish that I would have seen that page some time ago. I learned
    a few new trick & options that I didn't even know that I had on 1.0.7.

    I thought that I had SM pretty much figured out... now I feel like the
    office secretary that keeps getting new upgrades to MS Office or
    OpenOffice and doesn't have a clue how to use all of the new features.
    Thanks Chris, I'll start checking your site more often :-)

  10. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Geoff Welsh wrote:
    > David L. Ross wrote:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> The release notes are always nice and succinct at listing what's new
    >>> in a new major release, but don't really provide a complete list of
    >>> user-end differences. I don't really have the time to create an
    >>> in-depth list of differences, like I did with
    >>> .
    >>> I'd like this thread to be for people to list all the differences
    >>> they've found between SeaMonkey 1.0.x and 1.1. I'll post the list on
    >>> seamonkey.ilias.ca, and include a link to this thread.

    >> Is dragging tabs left or right in the browser new?

    > not according to this,
    > http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/#SeaMonkeyvsMozilla17
    > but I never knew until 20 minutes ago when I read the post with that link.
    >
    > What I noticed new is that on a "page" that is really just a picture, if
    > the picture is bigger than the window, a little magnifying glass with a
    > minus sign shows when hovering on the image and clicking it makes the
    > picture resize.
    >
    > GW on OSX

    That was on 1.0.x, not sure when it got put in.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  11. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Geoff Welsh wrote:
    >> What I noticed new is that on a "page" that is really just a picture,
    >> if the picture is bigger than the window, a little magnifying glass
    >> with a minus sign shows when hovering on the image and clicking it
    >> makes the picture resize.
    >>
    >> GW on OSX

    > its fun when you discover something new, isn't it? :-)

    Sometimes it is and sometime it ain't . Anyone run into the new feature
    where any email message that has a remote image, will not show the image
    until you add the send to your personal address book? That's no fun.

  12. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    NoOp wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> The release notes are always nice and succinct at listing what's new in
    >> a new major release, but don't really provide a complete list of
    >> user-end differences. I don't really have the time to create an in-depth
    >> list of differences, like I did with
    >> .
    >> I'd like this thread to be for people to list all the differences
    >> they've found between SeaMonkey 1.0.x and 1.1. I'll post the list on
    >> seamonkey.ilias.ca, and include a link to this thread.

    > Dang... I wish that I would have seen that page some time ago. I learned
    > a few new trick & options that I didn't even know that I had on 1.0.7.
    >
    > I thought that I had SM pretty much figured out... now I feel like the
    > office secretary that keeps getting new upgrades to MS Office or
    > OpenOffice and doesn't have a clue how to use all of the new features.
    > Thanks Chris, I'll start checking your site more often :-)

    Another difference I've noted in SM 1.0.7 if I wanted to save an email
    as a separate file to another location I've always been able to this
    point is command-S (Save As) to bring up window to allow you to name and
    locate place to save. Then Command-S again would save it. Not now The
    second time the window disappears for split second appearing to save the
    file. But Bounce back and you actually have to use the save button on
    the window and mouse click on the save. That's a small bummer. but I can
    work around it.

  13. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Geoff Welsh_ spoke thusly on 19/01/2007 3:19 AM:
    >> what does "You can switch the direction of a page or a text field" mean?
    >> (from the info on that link)

    > Set |bidi.direction| to 2, and be amazed. (or confused :-) )

    Yikes!
    It makes complex pages unviewable.
    Maybe it's good for languages that go right to left?
    GW

  14. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > NoOp wrote:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> The release notes are always nice and succinct at listing what's new
    >>> in a new major release, but don't really provide a complete list of
    >>> user-end differences. I don't really have the time to create an
    >>> in-depth list of differences, like I did with
    >>> .
    >>> I'd like this thread to be for people to list all the differences
    >>> they've found between SeaMonkey 1.0.x and 1.1. I'll post the list on
    >>> seamonkey.ilias.ca, and include a link to this thread.

    >> Dang... I wish that I would have seen that page some time ago. I learned
    >> a few new trick & options that I didn't even know that I had on 1.0.7.
    >>
    >> I thought that I had SM pretty much figured out... now I feel like the
    >> office secretary that keeps getting new upgrades to MS Office or
    >> OpenOffice and doesn't have a clue how to use all of the new features.
    >> Thanks Chris, I'll start checking your site more often :-)
    >>

    > Another difference I've noted in SM 1.0.7 if I wanted to save an email
    > as a separate file to another location I've always been able to this
    > point is command-S (Save As) to bring up window to allow you to name and
    > locate place to save. Then Command-S again would save it. Not now The
    > second time the window disappears for split second appearing to save the
    > file. But Bounce back and you actually have to use the save button on
    > the window and mouse click on the save. That's a small bummer. but I can
    > work around it.

    Actually I meant 1.1.1 note 1.0.7

  15. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    _Ed Mullen_ spoke thusly on 19/01/2007 3:02 PM:
    > Geoff Welsh wrote:
    >
    >> What I noticed new is that on a "page" that is really just a picture,
    >> if the picture is bigger than the window, a little magnifying glass
    >> with a minus sign shows when hovering on the image and clicking it
    >> makes the picture resize.
    >>
    >> GW on OSX

    > That was on 1.0.x, not sure when it got put in.

    Mozilla 1.3. (Released in early 2003 :-) )
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  16. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    _Geoff Welsh_ spoke thusly on 19/01/2007 11:19 PM:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> Set |bidi.direction| to 2, and be amazed. (or confused :-) )

    > Yikes!
    > It makes complex pages unviewable.
    > Maybe it's good for languages that go right to left?

    That's exactly why it was implemented.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  17. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Ed Mullen_ spoke thusly on 19/01/2007 3:02 PM:
    >> Geoff Welsh wrote:
    >>
    >>> What I noticed new is that on a "page" that is really just a picture,
    >>> if the picture is bigger than the window, a little magnifying glass
    >>> with a minus sign shows when hovering on the image and clicking it
    >>> makes the picture resize.
    >>>
    >>> GW on OSX

    >> That was on 1.0.x, not sure when it got put in.

    > Mozilla 1.3. (Released in early 2003 :-) )

    Why did it never appear until 1.1 for me? Was a preference changed
    without my doing so?

    GW, on OSX

  18. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Geoff Welsh_ spoke thusly on 19/01/2007 11:19 PM:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>
    >>> Set |bidi.direction| to 2, and be amazed. (or confused :-) )

    >> Yikes!
    >> It makes complex pages unviewable.
    >> Maybe it's good for languages that go right to left?

    > That's exactly why it was implemented.

    Ahhhhh, Bach.
    GW

  19. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Geoff Welsh wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> _Ed Mullen_ spoke thusly on 19/01/2007 3:02 PM:

    >>> That was on 1.0.x, not sure when it got put in.

    >> Mozilla 1.3. (Released in early 2003 :-) )

    > Why did it never appear until 1.1 for me? Was a preference changed
    > without my doing so?
    >
    > GW, on OSX

    On Windows I had copy image location until Seamonkey, Mozilla app suite
    only had copy image location unless an extension was used.

  20. Re: Differences between 1.0.x and 1.1

    Geoff Welsh wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> _Geoff Welsh_ spoke thusly on 19/01/2007 11:19 PM:

    >>> Yikes!
    >>> It makes complex pages unviewable.
    >>> Maybe it's good for languages that go right to left?

    >> That's exactly why it was implemented.

    > Ahhhhh, Bach.
    > GW

    TV Land is running M*A*S*H episodes... :>))
    --
    Tom - Vista, CA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast