about:config - - Mozilla

This is a discussion on about:config - - Mozilla ; Recently had to replace my HD. Got everything back the way I like in SeaMonkey except for one thing. There was an option in about :config that would show website icons in my bookmarks and on my personal tool bar ...

  1. about:config -

    Recently had to replace my HD. Got everything back the way I like in
    SeaMonkey except for one thing. There was an option in about:config
    that would show website icons in my bookmarks and on my personal tool
    bar . Can't remember what it was and it would take me days to go through
    all the options.

    Thanks.

    James

  2. Re: about:config -

    james wrote:
    > Recently had to replace my HD. Got everything back the way I like in
    > SeaMonkey except for one thing. There was an option in about:config
    > that would show website icons in my bookmarks and on my personal tool
    > bar . Can't remember what it was and it would take me days to go through
    > all the options.

    > Thanks.
    >
    > James

    browser.chrome.favicons - set it to TRUE
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.ch..._toolbar_icons - set to 2

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.ch..._toolbar_icons

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  3. Re: about:config -

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > james wrote:
    >> Recently had to replace my HD. Got everything back the way I like in
    >> SeaMonkey except for one thing. There was an option in about:config
    >> that would show website icons in my bookmarks and on my personal tool
    >> bar . Can't remember what it was and it would take me days to go
    >> through all the options.
    >>
    >> Can someone point me in the right direction?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> James

    > browser.chrome.favicons - set it to TRUE
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.ch..._toolbar_icons - set to 2
    >
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.ch..._toolbar_icons

    Thanks Ed!

  4. Re: about:config -

    james wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> james wrote:
    >>> Recently had to replace my HD. Got everything back the way I like in
    >>> SeaMonkey except for one thing. There was an option in about:config
    >>> that would show website icons in my bookmarks and on my personal tool
    >>> bar . Can't remember what it was and it would take me days to go
    >>> through all the options.
    >>>
    >>> Can someone point me in the right direction?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> James

    >> browser.chrome.favicons - set it to TRUE
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.ch..._toolbar_icons - set to 2
    >>
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.ch..._toolbar_icons
    >>

    > Thanks Ed!

    Related question:
    Anybody know of an add-in that would check all your bookmarks and update
    the icons and mark dead links that works with Seamonkey?

    Jim

  5. Re: about:config -

    Jim Dell wrote:
    > james wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> browser.chrome.favicons - set it to TRUE
    >>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.ch..._toolbar_icons - set to 2
    >>>
    >>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.ch..._toolbar_icons
    >>>

    >> Thanks Ed!

    > Related question:
    > Anybody know of an add-in that would check all your bookmarks and update
    > the icons and mark dead links that works with Seamonkey?
    >
    > Jim

    am-deadlink: http://www.aignes.com/deadlink.htm

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Pe...amus_Show.html
    http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=2778

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  6. Re: about:config -

    Jim Dell wrote:

    > Related question:
    > Anybody know of an add-in that would check all your bookmarks and update
    > the icons and mark dead links that works with Seamonkey?
    >
    > Jim

    I asked this question some months ago here and was kindly pointed to
    AM-Deadlink: http://www.aignes.com/deadlink.htm

    When I was running Windows this worked great. Best part is that it
    checks the links outside of the browser, so it doesn't slow you down
    while cleaning up the links.

  7. Re: about:config -

    NoOp wrote:
    > Jim Dell wrote:
    >
    >> Related question:
    >> Anybody know of an add-in that would check all your bookmarks and update
    >> the icons and mark dead links that works with Seamonkey?
    >>
    >> Jim

    > I asked this question some months ago here and was kindly pointed to
    > AM-Deadlink: http://www.aignes.com/deadlink.htm
    >
    > When I was running Windows this worked great. Best part is that it
    > checks the links outside of the browser, so it doesn't slow you down
    > while cleaning up the links.

    Follow-up: Happy to report that it installs & works well on Linux
    (Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper) using WINE :-)

  8. Re: about:config -

    NoOp wrote:
    > Jim Dell wrote:
    >
    >> Related question:
    >> Anybody know of an add-in that would check all your bookmarks and update
    >> the icons and mark dead links that works with Seamonkey?
    >>
    >> Jim

    > I asked this question some months ago here and was kindly pointed to
    > AM-Deadlink: http://www.aignes.com/deadlink.htm
    >
    > When I was running Windows this worked great. Best part is that it
    > checks the links outside of the browser, so it doesn't slow you down
    > while cleaning up the links.

    Downloaded it and running it now.
    Thanks,
    Jim