In SM 1.0.7 Sort direction marker in column headers? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on In SM 1.0.7 Sort direction marker in column headers? - Mozilla ; /Chris Ilias/: > It looks like you're not using any of the themes distributed with > SeaMonkey. I'm not sure what you mean. I'm using just the Classic theme. It may be because my system looks a bit different from ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: In SM 1.0.7 Sort direction marker in column headers?

    /Chris Ilias/:

    > It looks like you're not using any of the themes distributed with
    > SeaMonkey.

    I'm not sure what you mean. I'm using just the Classic theme. It
    may be because my system looks a bit different from the default but
    then that's the point of the Classic theme - to look like the
    system. On my Windows XP system I'm using the Windows Classic style
    (not XP style) and I've modified the colors and fonts to suit
    myself. See how my Windows Explorer looks:

    http://www.geocities.com/stanio/temp/explorer_shot.png

    --
    Stanimir

  2. Re: In SM 1.0.7 Sort direction marker in column headers?

    /Stanimir Stamenkov/:
    > /Rostyslaw Lewyckyj/:
    >
    >> Is there any way of getting SM 1.0.7 to display the little
    >> triangle/delta/arrowhead indicator in the column heading on a screen.
    >> It indicated both which criterion the list/screen was ordered by and
    >> also the ascending/descending order of the sort.
    >> This feature was available in NS 7.1

    > I see the sort direction indicator but I think it appeared just after
    > I've installed Mnenhy .

    O.k. This appears almost as magic. It is not related to installing
    the Mnenhy extension but the trick is to start SeaMonkey specifying
    the profile name on the command line:

    seamonkey -p

    I usually start SeaMonkey using shortcut specifying my primary
    profile and that's why I've always seen those sort indicators.

    --
    Stanimir

  3. Re: In SM 1.0.7 Sort direction marker in column headers?

    _Stanimir Stamenkov_ spoke thusly on 12/01/2007 6:56 AM:
    > O.k. This appears almost as magic. It is not related to installing the
    > Mnenhy extension but the trick is to start SeaMonkey specifying the
    > profile name on the command line:
    >
    > seamonkey -p
    >
    > I usually start SeaMonkey using shortcut specifying my primary profile
    > and that's why I've always seen those sort indicators.

    Wow...if I wouldn't have tested it, I wouldn't have believed you. :-)
    You're right.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  4. Re: In SM 1.0.7 Sort direction marker in column headers?

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Stanimir Stamenkov_ spoke thusly on 12/01/2007 6:56 AM:
    >> O.k. This appears almost as magic. It is not related to installing
    >> the Mnenhy extension but the trick is to start SeaMonkey specifying
    >> the profile name on the command line:
    >>
    >> seamonkey -p
    >>
    >> I usually start SeaMonkey using shortcut specifying my primary profile
    >> and that's why I've always seen those sort indicators.

    > Wow...if I wouldn't have tested it, I wouldn't have believed you. :-)
    > You're right.

    I磎 on Linux and my short cut just points to Seamonkey, no profile, and
    I get the arrows.

    Daniel

  5. Re: In SM 1.0.7 Sort direction marker in column headers?

    /Daniel/:

    > I磎 on Linux and my short cut just points to Seamonkey, no profile, and
    > I get the arrows.

    I've tried if I have just one profile registered so no "Profile
    Manager" would pop-up even if I don't specify -p option - the sort
    indicators are visible.

    I don't how and why it happens but I can clearly see (using the DOM
    Inspector), when I start SeaMonkey specifying -p the
    sort indicator image of column headers in the message thread pane
    have style:

    ..treecol-sortdirection[sortDirection="ascending"] {
    list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/tree/sort-asc.gif");
    }

    ..treecol-sortdirection[sortDirection="descending"] {
    list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/tree/sort-dsc.gif");
    }

    but when I start without -p option (going through the "Profile
    Manager" to select a profile) these rules don't get applied although
    I still see them browsing the stylesheet:

    chrome://global/skin/tree.css

    --
    Stanimir

  6. Re: In SM 1.0.7 Sort direction marker in column headers?

    /Stanimir Stamenkov/:

    > I don't how and why it happens...

    I've found Bugzilla entry for it:

    Bug 326323