Can I have two ISP's operating? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can I have two ISP's operating? - Mozilla ; I am trying out NetZero now because my current ISP has been pooping out too much. I joined NetZero on a trial basis and dialed up one of the access numbers and got on. I loaded SeaMonkey and noticed that ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

  1. Can I have two ISP's operating?

    I am trying out NetZero now because my current ISP has been pooping out
    too much.

    I joined NetZero on a trial basis and dialed up one of the access
    numbers and got on.

    I loaded SeaMonkey and noticed that I was on the old ISP's phone number!

    I didn't notice when it switched.....

    Can I have both phone numbers set up and choose which to use, or am I
    limited to one
    or 'tother...?

    DoctorBill

  2. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > I am trying out NetZero

    Good luck!!!! Thats all I can say about NetZero

    > Can I have both phone numbers set up and choose which to use, or am I
    > limited to one
    > or 'tother...?

    you can have as many isp numbers as you want.

    --
    "Oh! Heavens to Murgatroid. Exit, Stage Left!" -- Snagglepuss
    http://www.toonopedia.com/snaggle.htm

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  3. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    Snagglepuss wrote:
    > DoctorBill wrote:
    >> I am trying out NetZero

    > Good luck!!!! Thats all I can say about NetZero
    >
    >> Can I have both phone numbers set up and choose which to use, or am I
    >> limited to one
    >> or 'tother...?

    > you can have as many isp numbers as you want.

    Why do you say, "Good luck!!!! Thats all I can say about NetZero" ?????

    DoctorBill

  4. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > Snagglepuss wrote:
    >> DoctorBill wrote:
    >>> I am trying out NetZero

    >> Good luck!!!! Thats all I can say about NetZero
    >>
    >>> Can I have both phone numbers set up and choose which to use, or am I
    >>> limited to one
    >>> or 'tother...?

    >> you can have as many isp numbers as you want.
    >>

    > Why do you say, "Good luck!!!! Thats all I can say about NetZero" ?????
    >
    > DoctorBill

    NetZero, PeoplePC, Juno, and a few others have very bad reputations.
    They rank right up there next to spam

    --
    "Oh! Heavens to Murgatroid. Exit, Stage Left!" -- Snagglepuss
    http://www.toonopedia.com/snaggle.htm

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  5. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > I am trying out NetZero now because my current ISP has been pooping out
    > too much.
    >
    > I joined NetZero on a trial basis and dialed up one of the access
    > numbers and got on.
    >
    > I loaded SeaMonkey and noticed that I was on the old ISP's phone number!
    >
    > I didn't notice when it switched.....
    >
    > Can I have both phone numbers set up and choose which to use, or am I
    > limited to one
    > or 'tother...?
    >
    > DoctorBill

    Been so long since I've done dial-up that I really don't remember
    details (and now I'm on Mac), but isn't this a function of the OS?
    You're running Windows, right?? Seems like you'd go to (in XP)
    Start > Settings > Network Connections and set a default connection?
    Hope this sets you in the right direction and/or encourages someone
    smarter to reply.

    Cheers!

    --
    Rich (Pull thorn from addr to e-mail me.)
    SeaMonkey - Surfing the net has never been so suite!

  6. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > I am trying out NetZero now because my current ISP has been pooping out
    > too much.
    >
    > I joined NetZero on a trial basis and dialed up one of the access
    > numbers and got on.
    >
    > I loaded SeaMonkey and noticed that I was on the old ISP's phone number!
    >
    > I didn't notice when it switched.....
    >
    > Can I have both phone numbers set up and choose which to use, or am I
    > limited to one
    > or 'tother...?
    >
    > DoctorBill

    On Windows, you can set up as many different connections as you want; but if
    they use the same physical connection (modem and/or telephone line and/or ...)
    you can use at most one of them at a time. One of these connection is normally
    defined as "default", and if you want to use another one you have to start it
    explicitly. IIRC there is one icon per connection in a window called "My
    Network" (or something); and IIRC you can access it from the Start menu and/or
    from the Control Center.

    In most cases (but this may depend on the ISP to which your modem connection
    is made) you can read mail from any number of mail servers using the same
    connection. Personally I have mail accounts at @belgacom.net, @skynet.be
    (which are actually operated by the same ISP) but also @yahoo.co.uk and I poll
    them all without disconnecting my "skynet" ADSL connection. However, Skynet
    allows me to make an SMTP connection (for outgoing mail) to relay.skynet.be or
    relay.belgacom.net but not to the yahoo.co.uk SMTP servers.

    Best regards,
    Tony.

  7. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    Tony Mechelynck wrote:
    > DoctorBill wrote:
    >> I am trying out NetZero now because my current ISP has been pooping
    >> out too much.
    >>
    >> I joined NetZero on a trial basis and dialed up one of the access
    >> numbers and got on.
    >>
    >> I loaded SeaMonkey and noticed that I was on the old ISP's phone number!
    >>
    >> I didn't notice when it switched.....
    >>
    >> Can I have both phone numbers set up and choose which to use, or am I
    >> limited to one
    >> or 'tother...?
    >>
    >> DoctorBill

    > On Windows, you can set up as many different connections as you want;
    > but if they use the same physical connection (modem and/or telephone
    > line and/or ...) you can use at most one of them at a time. One of these
    > connection is normally defined as "default", and if you want to use
    > another one you have to start it explicitly. IIRC there is one icon per
    > connection in a window called "My Network" (or something); and IIRC you
    > can access it from the Start menu and/or from the Control Center.
    >
    > In most cases (but this may depend on the ISP to which your modem
    > connection is made) you can read mail from any number of mail servers
    > using the same connection. Personally I have mail accounts at
    > @belgacom.net, @skynet.be (which are actually operated by the same ISP)
    > but also @yahoo.co.uk and I poll them all without disconnecting my
    > "skynet" ADSL connection. However, Skynet allows me to make an SMTP
    > connection (for outgoing mail) to relay.skynet.be or relay.belgacom.net
    > but not to the yahoo.co.uk SMTP servers.
    >

    > Best regards,
    > Tony.

    Yes - I think I have it hooked up now for NetZero.com (New Account here
    in SM 105) but
    it keeps wanting to go "OUT" via my old ISP....

    How can I make it stop doing that - seems to defer to the old one.

    I have the "Default" set to my NetZero phone number, etc.

    DoctorBill

    --
    Personally, I believe that we will never again have
    honest elections anywhere! With these "Computer"

  8. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    On 12/28/2006 7:55 PM DoctorBill created this reply
    > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
    >
    >> DoctorBill wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am trying out NetZero now because my current ISP has been pooping
    >>> out too much.
    >>>
    >>> I joined NetZero on a trial basis and dialed up one of the access
    >>> numbers and got on.
    >>>
    >>> I loaded SeaMonkey and noticed that I was on the old ISP's phone number!
    >>>
    >>> I didn't notice when it switched.....
    >>>
    >>> Can I have both phone numbers set up and choose which to use, or am I
    >>> limited to one
    >>> or 'tother...?
    >>>
    >>> DoctorBill
    >>>

    >> On Windows, you can set up as many different connections as you want;
    >> but if they use the same physical connection (modem and/or telephone
    >> line and/or ...) you can use at most one of them at a time. One of these
    >> connection is normally defined as "default", and if you want to use
    >> another one you have to start it explicitly. IIRC there is one icon per
    >> connection in a window called "My Network" (or something); and IIRC you
    >> can access it from the Start menu and/or from the Control Center.
    >>
    >> In most cases (but this may depend on the ISP to which your modem
    >> connection is made) you can read mail from any number of mail servers
    >> using the same connection. Personally I have mail accounts at
    >> @belgacom.net, @skynet.be (which are actually operated by the same ISP)
    >> but also @yahoo.co.uk and I poll them all without disconnecting my
    >> "skynet" ADSL connection. However, Skynet allows me to make an SMTP
    >> connection (for outgoing mail) to relay.skynet.be or relay.belgacom.net
    >> but not to the yahoo.co.uk SMTP servers.
    >>

    >> Best regards,
    >> Tony.
    >>

    > Yes - I think I have it hooked up now for NetZero.com (New Account here
    > in SM 105) but
    > it keeps wanting to go "OUT" via my old ISP....
    >
    > How can I make it stop doing that - seems to defer to the old one.
    >
    > I have the "Default" set to my NetZero phone number, etc.
    >
    > DoctorBill

    Bill,

    When you set up a dialup account in Windows that first account is set as
    the default to dial out. Just because you told Win 98 to use another
    account as the default does not mean Windows will obey. Try going to
    Control Panel/Internet Options and select the tab Connections. In the
    Connections dialog box check the dot for "Never dial a connection".
    This one Windows obeys.

    accounts and copy each account icon to your desktop as a shortcut.

    When you want to use NetZero double click that named icon, when you want
    to dial out to another ISP close NetZero connection and double click the
    other icon.

    Michael

  9. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    Michael Gordon wrote:
    > On 12/28/2006 7:55 PM DoctorBill created this reply
    >> Tony Mechelynck wrote:

    >>> On Windows, you can set up as many different connections as you want;
    >>> but if they use the same physical connection (modem and/or telephone
    >>> line and/or ...) you can use at most one of them at a time. One of
    >>> these connection is normally defined as "default", and if you want to
    >>> use another one you have to start it explicitly. IIRC there is one
    >>> icon per connection in a window called "My Network" (or something);
    >>> and IIRC you can access it from the Start menu and/or from the
    >>> Control Center.
    >>>
    >>> In most cases (but this may depend on the ISP to which your modem
    >>> connection is made) you can read mail from any number of mail servers
    >>> using the same connection. Personally I have mail accounts at
    >>> @belgacom.net, @skynet.be (which are actually operated by the same
    >>> ISP) but also @yahoo.co.uk and I poll them all without disconnecting
    >>> my "skynet" ADSL connection. However, Skynet allows me to make an
    >>> SMTP connection (for outgoing mail) to relay.skynet.be or
    >>> relay.belgacom.net but not to the yahoo.co.uk SMTP servers.
    >>>

    >>> Best regards,
    >>> Tony.
    >>>

    >> Yes - I think I have it hooked up now for NetZero.com (New Account
    >> here in SM 105) but
    >> it keeps wanting to go "OUT" via my old ISP....
    >>
    >> How can I make it stop doing that - seems to defer to the old one.
    >>
    >> I have the "Default" set to my NetZero phone number, etc.
    >>
    >> DoctorBill
    >>

    > Bill,
    >
    > When you set up a dialup account in Windows that first account is set as
    > the default to dial out. Just because you told Win 98 to use another
    > account as the default does not mean Windows will obey. Try going to
    > Control Panel/Internet Options and select the tab Connections. In the
    > Connections dialog box check the dot for "Never dial a connection".
    > This one Windows obeys.

    > accounts and copy each account icon to your desktop as a shortcut.
    >
    > When you want to use NetZero double click that named icon, when you want
    > to dial out to another ISP close NetZero connection and double click the
    > other icon.
    >
    > Michael

    When you say, "Go back to your network connections where you have all
    your ISP dialup
    accounts and copy each account icon to your desktop as a shortcut."
    where exactly are
    you talking about. It is the "Icon" part that has me confused.

    NetZero provided an Icon to dial themselves up. That is on the desktop.

    Where would my other ISP have an Icon or an "account" as you call it?
    Is that in "Programs" in the START Menu?

    I clicked "Never Dial a Connection" as you said.

    DoctorBill

  10. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > Michael Gordon wrote:

    >>> Yes - I think I have it hooked up now for NetZero.com (New Account
    >>> here in SM 105) but
    >>> it keeps wanting to go "OUT" via my old ISP....
    >>>
    >>> How can I make it stop doing that - seems to defer to the old one.
    >>>
    >>> I have the "Default" set to my NetZero phone number, etc.
    >>>
    >>> DoctorBill
    >>>

    >> Bill,
    >>
    >> When you set up a dialup account in Windows that first account is set
    >> as the default to dial out. Just because you told Win 98 to use
    >> another account as the default does not mean Windows will obey. Try
    >> going to Control Panel/Internet Options and select the tab
    >> Connections. In the Connections dialog box check the dot for "Never
    >> dial a connection". This one Windows obeys.

    >> accounts and copy each account icon to your desktop as a shortcut.
    >>
    >> When you want to use NetZero double click that named icon, when you
    >> want to dial out to another ISP close NetZero connection and double
    >> click the other icon.
    >>
    >> Michael

    > When you say, "Go back to your network connections where you have all
    > your ISP dialup
    > accounts and copy each account icon to your desktop as a shortcut."
    > where exactly are
    > you talking about. It is the "Icon" part that has me confused.
    >
    > NetZero provided an Icon to dial themselves up. That is on the desktop.
    >
    > Where would my other ISP have an Icon or an "account" as you call it?
    > Is that in "Programs" in the START Menu?
    >
    > I clicked "Never Dial a Connection" as you said.
    >
    > DoctorBill

    Another thing - my old ISP's "Outgoing STMP Server" name is showing up
    in the
    new NetZero account and there doesn't appear to be any way to modify that.

    I have two choices - That old STMP Server or "Default".

    How do I get NetZero's name into that "Outgoing STMP Server" slot?

    DoctorBill

  11. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    Snagglepuss wrote:
    > DoctorBill wrote:
    >> Michael Gordon wrote:
    >>> On 12/28/2006 7:55 PM DoctorBill created this reply

    >>> Bill,
    >>>
    >>> When you set up a dialup account in Windows that first account is set
    >>> as the default to dial out. Just because you told Win 98 to use
    >>> another account as the default does not mean Windows will obey. Try
    >>> going to Control Panel/Internet Options and select the tab
    >>> Connections. In the Connections dialog box check the dot for "Never
    >>> dial a connection". This one Windows obeys.

    >>> dialup accounts and copy each account icon to your desktop as a
    >>> shortcut.
    >>>
    >>> When you want to use NetZero double click that named icon, when you
    >>> want to dial out to another ISP close NetZero connection and double
    >>> click the other icon.
    >>>
    >>> Michael

    >> When you say, "Go back to your network connections where you have all
    >> your ISP dialup
    >> accounts and copy each account icon to your desktop as a shortcut."
    >> where exactly are
    >> you talking about. It is the "Icon" part that has me confused.
    >>
    >> NetZero provided an Icon to dial themselves up. That is on the desktop.
    >>
    >> Where would my other ISP have an Icon or an "account" as you call it?
    >> Is that in "Programs" in the START Menu?
    >>
    >> I clicked "Never Dial a Connection" as you said.
    >>
    >> DoctorBill

    > try looking under Modem in the control panel. Otherwise, double click
    > on My Computer. Do you see anything there about Modems, or connections,
    > or dialup, or something.

    Thanks! It was under Networking in "My Computer!"

    I put the old ISP's Icon on the Desktop....

    DoctorBill

    --
    Personally, I believe that we will never again have
    honest elections anywhere! With these "Computer"
    type election machines, the results will be "Hacked"
    or more probably will never be honest. Kiss your
    freedoms goodbye, folks! It's all over!
    I even wonder if there ever were honest results - ever!

  12. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > Michael Gordon wrote:

    >>> Yes - I think I have it hooked up now for NetZero.com (New Account
    >>> here in SM 105) but
    >>> it keeps wanting to go "OUT" via my old ISP....
    >>>
    >>> How can I make it stop doing that - seems to defer to the old one.
    >>>
    >>> I have the "Default" set to my NetZero phone number, etc.
    >>>
    >>> DoctorBill
    >>>

    >> Bill,
    >>
    >> When you set up a dialup account in Windows that first account is set
    >> as the default to dial out. Just because you told Win 98 to use
    >> another account as the default does not mean Windows will obey. Try
    >> going to Control Panel/Internet Options and select the tab
    >> Connections. In the Connections dialog box check the dot for "Never
    >> dial a connection". This one Windows obeys.

    >> accounts and copy each account icon to your desktop as a shortcut.
    >>
    >> When you want to use NetZero double click that named icon, when you
    >> want to dial out to another ISP close NetZero connection and double
    >> click the other icon.
    >>
    >> Michael

    > When you say, "Go back to your network connections where you have all
    > your ISP dialup
    > accounts and copy each account icon to your desktop as a shortcut."
    > where exactly are
    > you talking about. It is the "Icon" part that has me confused.
    >
    > NetZero provided an Icon to dial themselves up. That is on the desktop.
    >
    > Where would my other ISP have an Icon or an "account" as you call it?
    > Is that in "Programs" in the START Menu?
    >
    > I clicked "Never Dial a Connection" as you said.
    >
    > DoctorBill

    try looking under Modem in the control panel. Otherwise, double click
    on My Computer. Do you see anything there about Modems, or connections,
    or dialup, or something.

    --
    "Oh! Heavens to Murgatroid. Exit, Stage Left!" -- Snagglepuss
    http://www.toonopedia.com/snaggle.htm

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  13. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > DoctorBill wrote:
    >> Michael Gordon wrote:
    >>> On 12/28/2006 7:55 PM DoctorBill created this reply

    >>> Bill,
    >>>
    >>> When you set up a dialup account in Windows that first account is set
    >>> as the default to dial out. Just because you told Win 98 to use
    >>> another account as the default does not mean Windows will obey. Try
    >>> going to Control Panel/Internet Options and select the tab
    >>> Connections. In the Connections dialog box check the dot for "Never
    >>> dial a connection". This one Windows obeys.

    >>> dialup accounts and copy each account icon to your desktop as a
    >>> shortcut.
    >>>
    >>> When you want to use NetZero double click that named icon, when you
    >>> want to dial out to another ISP close NetZero connection and double
    >>> click the other icon.
    >>>
    >>> Michael

    >> When you say, "Go back to your network connections where you have all
    >> your ISP dialup
    >> accounts and copy each account icon to your desktop as a shortcut."
    >> where exactly are
    >> you talking about. It is the "Icon" part that has me confused.
    >>
    >> NetZero provided an Icon to dial themselves up. That is on the desktop.
    >>
    >> Where would my other ISP have an Icon or an "account" as you call it?
    >> Is that in "Programs" in the START Menu?
    >>
    >> I clicked "Never Dial a Connection" as you said.
    >>
    >> DoctorBill

    > Another thing - my old ISP's "Outgoing STMP Server" name is showing up
    > in the
    > new NetZero account and there doesn't appear to be any way to modify that.
    >
    > I have two choices - That old STMP Server or "Default".
    >
    > How do I get NetZero's name into that "Outgoing STMP Server" slot?
    >
    > DoctorBill

    Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings, on the left, scroll on down
    until you see Outgoing Server (SMTP). Add NetZero's there. Now, go
    back to each account you have and make the changes on the right

    --
    "Oh! Heavens to Murgatroid. Exit, Stage Left!" -- Snagglepuss
    http://www.toonopedia.com/snaggle.htm

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  14. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > Snagglepuss wrote:
    >> DoctorBill wrote:

    >>> When you say, "Go back to your network connections where you have all
    >>> your ISP dialup
    >>> accounts and copy each account icon to your desktop as a shortcut."
    >>> where exactly are
    >>> you talking about. It is the "Icon" part that has me confused.
    >>>
    >>> NetZero provided an Icon to dial themselves up. That is on the desktop.
    >>>
    >>> Where would my other ISP have an Icon or an "account" as you call it?
    >>> Is that in "Programs" in the START Menu?
    >>>
    >>> I clicked "Never Dial a Connection" as you said.
    >>>
    >>> DoctorBill

    >> try looking under Modem in the control panel. Otherwise, double click
    >> on My Computer. Do you see anything there about Modems, or
    >> connections, or dialup, or something.
    >>

    > Thanks! It was under Networking in "My Computer!"
    >
    > I put the old ISP's Icon on the Desktop....
    >
    > DoctorBill

    well, I can't remember. I've had dsl for several years that I've
    forgotten where the dial-up is

    --
    "Oh! Heavens to Murgatroid. Exit, Stage Left!" -- Snagglepuss
    http://www.toonopedia.com/snaggle.htm

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  15. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    Snagglepuss wrote:
    > DoctorBill wrote:
    >> DoctorBill wrote:

    >>> When you say, "Go back to your network connections where you have all
    >>> your ISP dialup
    >>> accounts and copy each account icon to your desktop as a shortcut."
    >>> where exactly are
    >>> you talking about. It is the "Icon" part that has me confused.
    >>>
    >>> NetZero provided an Icon to dial themselves up. That is on the desktop.
    >>>
    >>> Where would my other ISP have an Icon or an "account" as you call it?
    >>> Is that in "Programs" in the START Menu?
    >>>
    >>> I clicked "Never Dial a Connection" as you said.
    >>>
    >>> DoctorBill

    >> Another thing - my old ISP's "Outgoing STMP Server" name is showing up
    >> in the
    >> new NetZero account and there doesn't appear to be any way to modify
    >> that.
    >>
    >> I have two choices - That old STMP Server or "Default".
    >>
    >> How do I get NetZero's name into that "Outgoing STMP Server" slot?
    >>
    >> DoctorBill

    > Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings, on the left, scroll on down
    > until you see Outgoing Server (SMTP). Add NetZero's there. Now, go
    > back to each account you have and make the changes on the right

    It won't let one *set* anything - it is just one of two choices as I said.

    Isn't this something that I can edit into one of the files in the
    profiles subdirectory?

    I seem to remember seeing that in one of those files....(?) a long time
    ago...

    DoctorBill

  16. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > Snagglepuss wrote:
    >> DoctorBill wrote:

    >>> Another thing - my old ISP's "Outgoing STMP Server" name is showing
    >>> up in the
    >>> new NetZero account and there doesn't appear to be any way to modify
    >>> that.
    >>>
    >>> I have two choices - That old STMP Server or "Default".
    >>>
    >>> How do I get NetZero's name into that "Outgoing STMP Server" slot?
    >>>
    >>> DoctorBill

    >> Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings, on the left, scroll on down
    >> until you see Outgoing Server (SMTP). Add NetZero's there. Now, go
    >> back to each account you have and make the changes on the right
    >>

    > It won't let one *set* anything - it is just one of two choices as I said.
    >
    > Isn't this something that I can edit into one of the files in the
    > profiles subdirectory?
    >
    > I seem to remember seeing that in one of those files....(?) a long time
    > ago...
    >
    > DoctorBill

    IIRC it's someplace hard to find, maybe in Internet Explorer, Tools, Settings,
    Internet settings or something like that...

    Best regards,
    Tony.

  17. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    On 12/28/2006 10:50 PM DoctorBill created this reply
    > Snagglepuss wrote:
    >
    >> DoctorBill wrote:

    >>> Another thing - my old ISP's "Outgoing STMP Server" name is showing up
    >>> in the
    >>> new NetZero account and there doesn't appear to be any way to modify
    >>> that.
    >>>
    >>> I have two choices - That old STMP Server or "Default".
    >>>
    >>> How do I get NetZero's name into that "Outgoing STMP Server" slot?
    >>>
    >>> DoctorBill
    >>>

    >> Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings, on the left, scroll on down
    >> until you see Outgoing Server (SMTP). Add NetZero's there. Now, go
    >> back to each account you have and make the changes on the right
    >>

    > It won't let one *set* anything - it is just one of two choices as I said.
    >
    > Isn't this something that I can edit into one of the files in the
    > profiles subdirectory?
    >
    > I seem to remember seeing that in one of those files....(?) a long time
    > ago...
    >
    > DoctorBill

    Bill,

    Follow Snagglepuss' suggestion, then click the "Add Button" to add the
    SMTP Outgoing Server account into Outgoing SMTP.

    Michael

  18. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > Snagglepuss wrote:
    >> DoctorBill wrote:

    >>> Another thing - my old ISP's "Outgoing STMP Server" name is showing up
    >>> in the
    >>> new NetZero account and there doesn't appear to be any way to modify
    >>> that.
    >>>
    >>> I have two choices - That old STMP Server or "Default".
    >>>
    >>> How do I get NetZero's name into that "Outgoing STMP Server" slot?
    >>>
    >>> DoctorBill

    >> Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings, on the left, scroll on down
    >> until you see Outgoing Server (SMTP). Add NetZero's there. Now, go
    >> back to each account you have and make the changes on the right
    >>

    > It won't let one *set* anything - it is just one of two choices as I said.
    >
    > Isn't this something that I can edit into one of the files in the
    > profiles subdirectory?
    >
    > I seem to remember seeing that in one of those files....(?) a long time
    > ago...
    >
    > DoctorBill

    Click on the account, such as "news.mozilla.org", click on settings for
    this account. near the bottom is the smtp setting, change this to the
    one you want. But first you have to have both the smtp's available. This
    means is has to be added under the outgoing smtp settings in preferences.

    --
    Gerald Ross
    Cochran, GA

    Always remember that you are unique.
    Just like everyone else.

  19. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    Gerald Ross wrote:
    > DoctorBill wrote:
    >> Snagglepuss wrote:

    >>> Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings, on the left, scroll on down
    >>> until you see Outgoing Server (SMTP). Add NetZero's there. Now, go
    >>> back to each account you have and make the changes on the right
    >>>

    >> It won't let one *set* anything - it is just one of two choices as I
    >> said.
    >>
    >> Isn't this something that I can edit into one of the files in the
    >> profiles subdirectory?
    >>
    >> I seem to remember seeing that in one of those files....(?) a long
    >> time ago...
    >>
    >> DoctorBill

    > Click on the account, such as "news.mozilla.org", click on settings for
    > this account. near the bottom is the smtp setting, change this to the
    > one you want. But first you have to have both the smtp's available. This
    > means is has to be added under the outgoing smtp settings in preferences.

    "But first you have to have both the smtp's available. This means is has
    to be added under the outgoing smtp settings in preferences." Where is
    this in Preferences?....I looked and didn't see it anywhere (?) Blind...?

    DoctorBill

  20. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > Gerald Ross wrote:
    >> DoctorBill wrote:

    >>> It won't let one *set* anything - it is just one of two choices as I
    >>> said.
    >>>
    >>> Isn't this something that I can edit into one of the files in the
    >>> profiles subdirectory?
    >>>
    >>> I seem to remember seeing that in one of those files....(?) a long
    >>> time ago...
    >>>
    >>> DoctorBill

    >> Click on the account, such as "news.mozilla.org", click on settings
    >> for this account. near the bottom is the smtp setting, change this to
    >> the one you want. But first you have to have both the smtp's
    >> available. This means is has to be added under the outgoing smtp
    >> settings in preferences.
    >>

    > "But first you have to have both the smtp's available. This means is has
    > to be added under the outgoing smtp settings in preferences." Where is
    > this in Preferences?....I looked and didn't see it anywhere (?) Blind...?
    >
    > DoctorBill

    Edit - Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings - scroll to bottom - Outgoing
    Server, click the Add button.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net